Evadale vs. Yorktown Game Thread/Evadale advances!!!

WOSgrad

Great half time adjustment by the Rebels.  Yorktown was very quick in the 1st half and got every loose ball.  They were crazy from the 3 point line in the 1st half as well. 
The Rebs came out in the 3rd quarter in a fierce man-for-man defense and I was really surprised at how much it bothered the Yorktown offense.  The Rebs outscored York 40 to 23 in the 2nd half!!!  The inside game for Evadale was a little rough in the 1st half but man, did they turn it on in the 2nd half.  Evadale pounded it inside and they were just too physical for the Cats.

Congrats Rebels and keep working!!!

If the Rebels could play a whole game like the second half they played tonight there is no telling how far they could go. The guys battled back from a 12 point half time deficiet to win by five. A 17 point turn around in the second half. This was the first time in several games where they faced a smaller team that pressed that the Rebels were able to use their size and win. The man to man defense in the second half was outstanding as they took the Yorktown shooters out of their rythum.

I also want to thank everyone who was concerned about my safety as I was taking pictures from the Yorktown side of the gym in the second half. I never felt threatened and I really just ignored them as I went about my newspaper duties. I was concerned about the Wildcat fans as they were becoming very threatening while leaving the gym. The Rosenburg Police even used the PA system on their patrol car to move people along in the parking lot.

I know every team thinks they were robbed once they are eliminated, but I felt that the refs in this one called it equally on both sides. I know that the Yorktown fans don't think so, but from my vantage point I felt that they made the calls they needed to and let the teams play when it was warranted.

I looked on the map and Conroe looks like it will be about half way from us and Milano, but we will have to wait and see where the game will be set up. Congrats Rebels!

This was the first game all year that the Rebs have came from behind to win a big game. Yorktown came out a shot the 3 at will. The second half the Rebs went to a man def. and their size was the difference. # 5 for Yorktown had 19 points in the first half, but the man def. held him to only 3 free throws in the second half. scoring for the rebs were[list]
[*] Dunigan 28
[*] Murphy 19
[/list][list]
[*] Trucker 6 [/list]
[list]
[*] Stark 8
[*] Totten 4
[/list][/list]

[list][quote name="True Blue" post="973182" timestamp="1298747008"]
This was the first game all year that the Rebs have came from behind to win a big game. Yorktown came out a shot the 3 at will. The second half the Rebs went to a man def. and their size was the difference. # 5 for Yorktown had 19 points in the first half, but the man def. held him to only 3 free throws in the second half. scoring for the rebs were[list]
[*] Dunigan 28
[*] Murphy 19
[/list][list]
[*] Trucker 6 [/list]
[list]
[*] Stark 8
[*] Totten 4
[/list][/list]
[/quote]That is great for those kids.  I've seen other teams simply wear them out this year, so this is a pleasant surprise and what that is very timely.

BTW, when HJ won state 5 years ago, they had to come from behind in every game..... by an average of 14 points!!!!!  You talk about character building.

Good luck to Evadale!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics