Port Neches-Groves vs. Beaumont Ozen Girls Match Thread/PN-G wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="OHS2010" post="973065" timestamp="1298733345"]
the png girls has no class >:(
[/quote]

Not sure what you saw but I saw PNG girls attempt to help the Ozen girls up when they fell and there did not seem to be any problems on the field. In fact, it seemed Ozen girls were pretty happy with their play at the end of the game and I know a couple who had nice conversations with each other. Didn't seem either team had a problem with the play last night... Only problem I saw was parents who thought refs weren't doing their job...that's a matter of opinion as well...

[quote name="sportzgirl" post="973153" timestamp="1298743744"]
[quote author=OHS2010 link=topic=80892.msg973065#msg973065 date=1298733345]
[/quote]

Not sure what you saw but I saw PNG girls attempt to help the Ozen girls up when they fell and there did not seem to be any problems on the field. In fact, it seemed Ozen girls were pretty happy with their play at the end of the game and I know a couple who had nice conversations with each other. Didn't seem either team had a problem with the play last night... Only problem I saw was parents who thought refs weren't doing their job...that's a matter of opinion as well...
[/quote] your rite.. wont argue with that.. the png girls didnt have to disrespect our player and field..

[quote name="sportzgirl" post="973153" timestamp="1298743744"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not related to this game... due to the fact that I was not there... but it is funny that I and a longtime coach friend of mine were having the same conversation about how parents from BOTH sides generally complain about the officiating of the game and also the less than stellar behavior of the opponents players.. It's just interesting that both sides generally come to the same conclusion, that the the refs were in favor of the other team and the other team sure has some nasty players..  I am usually one of those parents ;D

[quote name="rip2506" post="973191" timestamp="1298747774"]
[quote author=sportzgirl link=topic=80892.msg973153#msg973153 date=1298743744]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not related to this game... due to the fact that I was not there... but it is funny that I and a longtime coach friend of mine were having the same conversation about how parents from BOTH sides generally complain about the officiating of the game and also the less than stellar behavior of the opponents players.. It's just interesting that both sides generally come to the same conclusion, that the the refs were in favor of the other team and the other team sure has some nasty players..  I am usually one of those parents ;D
[/quote]

So true Rip :) Having insight on both sides, it is tough for refs to catch every call just as tough as being a parent and seeing those missed calls. there were a couple last night that were legitimate misses. It is what it is. I will stand by my view that PNG  and Ozen had a good, clean game. PNG girls did not disrespect players or fields...

There are complaints that are universal to sport and have been around since the beginning regarding why a loss occurred:

1.  The game official(s) called the game one sided against you are your team;
2.  The opposing player(s) played dirty or outside the rules;
3.  The coach of the team you support did not properly use you or your relatives and that if you were coach you could do a lot better job.

The internet did not create these complaints....it only allowed them to be viewed by a lot more people at one time.

Was not at the game...but this entire post is very confusing?  I know how the Lady Indians are coached.....and would say that the "no class" comment is probably way out of line!  Could someone comment further on what the actions of " no class" means?  PNG has and will always be a team that is well coached and well disciplined and will always play within the peramiters of the districts "respect rule"...But I will say this...These girls will play tough when the wistle blows and the ball is between the lines...That is playing the game!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="973542" timestamp="1298777445"]
Was not at the game...but this entire post is very confusing?  I know how the Lady Indians are coached.....and would say that the "no class" comment is probably way out of line!  Could someone comment further on what the actions of " no class" means?  PNG has and will always be a team that is well coached and well disciplined and will always play within the peramiters of the districts "respect rule"...But I will say this...These girls will play tough when the wistle blows and the ball is between the lines...That is playing the game!
[/quote]

Not so much confusing, just two different subjects...

(1) PNG girls played well and with no disrespect towards the opposing team. I truly do not know where the "no class" and disrepect to the field views came from as I cannot recall any negative play at all the entire game. I agree, PNG coach would not tolerate any other type of play other than respectful.

(2) There were only two refs for the game, which means they each covered 1/2 of field. No ARs on sideline does leave room for missed fouls and there were a couple not called Friday night. The only infractions I saw were missed offside calls, nothing more. Not a biggie, but some parents had a different opinion. I am sure coaches would prefer three refs, but I understand there were not enough refs to cover all Varsity games on Friday as were needed and many of the games that evening only had 2 refs for cover.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder