Evadale vs. West Sabine Game Thread/West Sabine wins!/Comments

texas13

This is becoming a lost art in the high school game.I have watched a ton of games this season and I have never seen so many kids with such poor form.You see them standing with their feet sideways,taking their eye off the rim and even putting a loop in the release.This used to be taught for hours in practice but it seems like it's completely overlooked in todays game.This time of year it's the difference between winning and losing. 

4 for 17 from the free throw line will get you beat every time.The Rebels seem to have a little problem with stamina late in the games which sometimes leads to other clubs cutting in to the their leads and also affects their free throw shooting.BucketSitR I saw their loss was to Lufkins JV and I know that sometimes Lufkins JV can look a lot like their varsity(especially on some tournament days)Wasn't a knock on them just my thought on why the game would be close.

I just dont understand this bunch of kids. They had a 11 point lead by taking the ball to the rim. Then the second half they decide that that was working so well that they would come out at half and become a jump shooting team :( They got out scored 33 to 15 in the second half. WS had no answer for the inside size the first half, and for some reason Evadale went away from that. They had 4 turnovers in the first half, then had 14 in the second half. This was a 6 piont game with 2 min left and the reb had to start fouling and WS did not miss the FT, While Evadale went 2 for 8 in that streach. This late in the season I just dont know how to fix this >:( I just see a waste of talent.. Could be a short trip in the playoff if they dont learn to play to their strengths.  

Strengths are not there problems as of now. It is there weakness, which is FREE THROWS and conditioning. In 1A the rebels have nice size in the middle and play a pretty well inside-outside game with #3, and the point guard is the least of there problems right now, he actually played well against this high tempo team. The fundamentals of free throw shooting is lost. What happened to strength foot in front of the other, eyes on the rim, and straight elbows, what is with the awkward sideways elbow shot?

In this game there was no inside-outside game, #3 went 0 for 9 from out side. But there was no reason for them to ever shot a shot from more than 6' . Thats what got the 11 point lead. WS had no answer for their inside game. Why they stoped taking the ball to the rim is the question. But if #21  does not start making his FT , teams will just start fouling him ever time he gets the ball low, and not let him take the ball to the glass.

I agree...the Rebs may get a dose of the ole "hack-a-shack" in the playoffs!  Heck, if I were an opposing coach I'd pack it in and have a designated "fouler" to keep it close until the bigs got winded.  It baffels me that a 1A team with this size doesn't POUND the ball inside more...THE WHOLE GAME!!!  I don't know, may be testing that #1 baseball ranking soon.   >:( >:(

[quote name="snooker" post="968841" timestamp="1298137881"]
fatigue does strange things
[/quote] That might be the case ,but you still have to make the free basket... #21 went 3 for 9 from the line, and I have been in his ear all day. But he only sit for 4 min. and for some reason he said that is was realy hot on the floor. And at the end of the game he had no legs left. The one good thing that this game did was #3 has a few game were he cant throw a ball in the lake, and maybe this was the last one of those for the year ;)

West Sabine's depth came to the forefront last night. Their conditioning is excellent and it showed last night. Seems like every team these days has trouble sinking their FT's, though. The only thing that will cure that is practice, practice, practice, and (wait for it) more practice! Seems like Evadale has trouble guarding teams with speedy guards, of which West Sabine has many. Can't really give an accurate assessment, however, seeing as how that was the only game I have seen Evadale play.

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="968959" timestamp="1298149752"]
West Sabine's depth came to the forefront last night. Their conditioning is excellent and it showed last night. Seems like every team these days has trouble sinking their FT's, though. The only thing that will cure that is practice, practice, practice, and (wait for it) more practice! [b]Seems like Evadale has trouble guarding teams with speedy guards[/b], of which West Sabine has many. Can't really give an accurate assessment, however, seeing as how that was the only game I have seen Evadale play.
[/quote] No not teams with speedy guards but a team with one good shooting guard. #11 won that game for WS, and the fact Evadale quit attacking the inside. #11 was 7 for 9 from behind the line :o. That kid can play. The biggest problem that Evadale has right now is they just dont know how to finish a game. They get a team down but just dont have that killer instinct. They should have won that game by 25 points, when you get a 11 point lead that is when that instinct should kick in. And they just dont have it >:( But this game is just what they needed before they start the playoffs. There are no more eazy games. Its time to put up or go home, and get ready for baseball.

The Rebels lack of ability to put teams away is related to their conditioning.They run out of gas late which is why I have said in the past they need to play 2 big men and rest one to be fresh.The free throw problems unfortunately are hard to fix if you don't shoot them the same way consistantly.In #3 defense it's hard to shoot the 3 in the open arena if you haven't worked on it some.The depth perception can be a little different animal.

[quote name="whsalum" post="969129" timestamp="1298171383"]
The Rebels lack of ability to put teams away is related to their conditioning.They run out of gas late which is why I have said in the past they need to play 2 big men and rest one to be fresh.The free throw problems unfortunately are hard to fix if you don't shoot them the same way consistantly.In #3 defense it's hard to shoot the 3 in the open arena if you haven't worked on it some.The depth perception can be a little different animal.
[/quote] Yes he told me that the back board was so clear and there was so much room behind the goal that his shoot was just off.

[quote name="whsalum" post="969129" timestamp="1298171383"]
In #3 defense it's hard to shoot the 3 in the open arena if you haven't worked on it some.The depth perception can be a little different animal.
[/quote]

I don't doubt that; however, an earlier post said #11 for West Sabine was 7 for 9 beyond the arc...was he able to get in the gym early?

[quote name="soonerbeintexas" post="969529" timestamp="1298313597"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=80479.msg969129#msg969129 date=1298171383]
In #3 defense it's hard to shoot the 3 in the open arena if you haven't worked on it some.The depth perception can be a little different animal.
[/quote]

I don't doubt that; however, an earlier post said #11 for West Sabine was 7 for 9 beyond the arc...was he able to get in the gym early?

[/quote]EVIDENTLY  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami