Lamar football hopes to play TCU in future season

[quote]The Lamar University football team's game for the 2011 season against Texas Christian University is off the table, but Lamar athletic director Larry Tidwell plans to have a game scheduled against the school in a future season, he said Friday.

The Cardinals' hoped-for game at TCU in 2011 got derailed by an NCAA rule that requires schools to have 90 percent of their scholarships used over two consecutive years to count for an opponent's bowl eligibility.

Lamar played last season with 56 players on scholarship, which would account for 88.9 percent of the 63 scholarships a Football Championship Subdivision (former I-AA) school is allowed to distribute.[/quote]

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/default/article/Lamar-football-hopes-to-play-TCU-in-future-season-1009839.php#ixzz1Di99qsvL

Woodard has always said he was saving a few scholarships for any transfers so I'm sure he wasn't too concerned about being a "FBS counter" the second year.  I doubt Woodard is losing much sleep over not playing one of the best FBS teams in the country on the road this second year.  Hopefully they'll play TCU in a few years when Lamar is transitioning to FBS and has a deeper and more talented team.

[quote name="coachacola" post="965305" timestamp="1297539410"]
Woodard has always said he was saving a few scholarships for any transfers so I'm sure he wasn't too concerned about being a "FBS counter" the second year.  I doubt Woodard is losing much sleep over not playing one of the best FBS teams in the country on the road this second year.  Hopefully they'll play TCU in a few years when Lamar is transitioning to FBS and has a deeper and more talented team.
[/quote]

its plain to see..TCU is just plain SKEERT of the Cards!

I would like another shot at Rice...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder