Big Sandy vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="whsalum" post="965128" timestamp="1297487045"]
Big Sandy's only issue is youth.The introduction's said 1 freshman,3 sophomores and a senior.Congrats to the Rebels on the district title but don't get on the Wildcats to hard ,they will get harder and harder to beat over the next couple of seasons.
[/quote]The "Rebels" are not getting on the Wildcats at all.  Only a couple goof-balls that don't play or never played.  As a whole, we from Evadale have a healthy respect for Big Sandy and love when we get it on.  I've known about the quality of basketball in BS since I was in grade school watching my two sisters play em in Half-Court basketball.  And then when I played in the late 70's, early 80's we were pretty stout and so were they. (we were 2A in that day and didn't play in district)...Anyway, congrats to BS for getting in and hope to see y'all in Regional...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abraham
CATMAN I will be here all day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  You and your BS cats don't scare me haha I mean look what Evadale did to them              (30 points!!!!!!!!!!!)

I hope I'm wrong but I 'm not sure either club will be in the regional tournament.I haven't pulled up a playoff bracket but you usually start seeing some pretty good clubs after the first round of the playoffs that can really exploit weaknesses.True that has been my point all year with the Rebels,you can sub one big man (I don't think it makes any difference which one ) and you always have fresh legs on the boards.#32 and #43 seem to play with alot of controlled emotion so I would probably  start those 2.The shooting guard has a chance to really become a good player but he will have to learn to creat his own shot next year.BS is gonna be a pretty good club as they mature in the next few years.CATMAN are there any more McKinney's in Dallardsville :)

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="965029" timestamp="1297482306"]
The Wildcats kept it close for the 1st half and hats off to em.

The Rebels were getting the ball inside very well but the turnovers in the paint in the 1st half were terrible.  They finally got a handle on it.  Right after a Ref called a horrible call on a Tech-foul after a Reb blocked a shot, that seemed to really get the blood flowing for the Rebs.  Coach called a well timed time out and got ALL over the guys and told em to mix it up and get physical (oh yeah, we could hear him just fine  ;D) and thats just what they did, at that point, it was only a matter of time.
The inside game was stout tonight and #3 was on fire from the 3 point line.  Good job of moving the ball around and penetrating by the Rebel point guard.
[/quote]

That Tech wasnt a joke. The ref did the right thing by blowin the whistle. Ya it was a good block but you dont keep on mouthing after the play.  And if the whole game would have went like the first half it would've been alot more interesting.

[quote name="whsalum" post="965518" timestamp="1297566249"]
Lots of good YOUNG players on the floor last night for the Wildcats and I gotta agree with the tech.Great block,just turn around and get ready to play.
[/quote] Like I said the Tech was a bush league call But after that the Rebs took it out on BS by blowing them off the floor from that point. They out scored them in the second half by 29 points. But you must be one of those guys that play with no emotion, That is if you ever played at all. You know you seem to have a problem with me and my son, I just wish you had the guts to come out and quit hiding behind the key board.

[quote name="True Blue" post="965529" timestamp="1297567207"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=80156.msg965518#msg965518 date=1297566249]
Lots of good YOUNG players on the floor last night for the Wildcats and I gotta agree with the tech.Great block,just turn around and get ready to play.
[/quote] Like I said the Tech was a bush league call But after that the Rebs took it out on BS by blowing them off the floor from that point. They out scored them in the second half by 29 points. But you must be one of those guys that play with no emotion, That is if you ever played at all. You know you seem to have a problem with me and my son, I just wish you had the guts to come out and quit hiding behind the key board.
[/quote] Blue Whsalum dont have a problem with u are u son good god Blue what is wrong with u.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="965535" timestamp="1297567916"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80156.msg965529#msg965529 date=1297567207]
[/quote] Blue Whsalum dont have a problem with u are u son good god Blue what is wrong with u.
[/quote] The puss talked trash on him all last yr when he played at EC and it just keep going this yr.I just wish he would come and say his trash to one of us. So Pussycat just stay in BS and let this one go.. This guy know how I am but will not let me know who she is.

[quote name="True Blue" post="965547" timestamp="1297568716"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=80156.msg965535#msg965535 date=1297567916]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80156.msg965529#msg965529 date=1297567207]
[/quote] The packer talked trash on him all last yr when he played at EC and it just keep going this yr.I just wish he would come and say his trash to one of us. So Pussycat just stay in BS and let this one go.. This guy know how I am but will not let me know who she is.
[/quote] I dont live in BS and i am not u pussycat.

Guest Abraham
Doesnt matter where you live quit talking trash and tell the man who you are or shut up!!! Seriously it was a great play by the young man and all you want to do is talk trash from what I can see you sir are the pussycat!!!

[quote name="True Blue" post="965529" timestamp="1297567207"]
[/quote]True you never cease to amaze me.I haven't got anything against you and have never had anything against your son.THe actions after the block last night will draw a tech nearly every time.Especially when an official see"s a pattern.I played a lot of ball in my life and always tried to play with tons of emotion but it doesn't make much sense to get a great block and then turn around and give the opposing team points and the ball.

How can that be a pattern whem it the first of a game and the first big block ??? So you and that fat ref just need to stay in 1a ball bacause that same emotion is show after dunks and ever block in the 3a 4a and5a games.And if they call tech after all those played they would get run out of the gym. But lookks like your still are going to hide :o

Can't we all just get along?  ;D I agree with what someone said earlier on this thread that most of the mouthing is from folks who aren't playing or have never played. (now, I'm not pointing at anyone here)  Just saying, in two years how many of these guys will still be watching basketball in Evadale or Big Sandy?  Only those true fans will remain.
I've talked to a few people about the Tech and some say #21 made another great block and turned around and was "pumped" about it, therefore, a bad call.  Some have said #21 made a great block and got in the Big Sandy players face and was "pumped" up, therefore, the right call.  BUT really, none of this matters, the game was played and Evadale won...EVERYONE I talked to said the call (right or wrong) was used wisely by Coach Williams to get the entire Evadale team and fans "pumped" and the Rebs stepped up immediately after that and poured it on.

True I wasn't talking about a pattern in a single game or on a single play I was talking about a pattern over the past 2 seasons.Officials whether it's right or wrong know players tendacies over the course of a season or more, if they have been multi year starters.Is this the first tech that's been called, the second ,the third???D-Ville I am a basketball fan,I look on these boards and see the best matchups and go to the best game that night.I've done that for years ,before I had kids playing and now long after they have graduated .I wanted to check out EC and Anahuac on friday but was late getting off so I thought this was the second best choice.As a lifelong fan of the game I see trends now where some people think the game is about "ME" and not the TEAM.The game is the best sport period in my opinion and will continue to be so if played and coached the right way.I will agree 100% about Coach Williams timeout,it was great and he has done a great job with the club.True this is a message board,didn't know I had to agree with you?????What's with all the threats???Are we gonna arm wrestle or something?As Rodney King would say can't we just all get along??/

[quote name="whsalum" post="965612" timestamp="1297612018"]
True I wasn't talking about a pattern in a single game or on a single play I was talking about a pattern over the past 2 seasons.Officials whether it's right or wrong know players tendacies over the course of a season or more, if they have been multi year starters.Is this the first tech that's been called, the second ,the third???D-Ville I am a basketball fan,I look on these boards and see the best matchups and go to the best game that night.I've done that for years ,before I had kids playing and now long after they have graduated .I wanted to check out EC and Anahuac on friday but was late getting off so I thought this was the second best choice.As a lifelong fan of the game I see trends now where some people think the game is about "ME" and not the TEAM.The game is the best sport period in my opinion and will continue to be so if played and coached the right way.I will agree 100% about Coach Williams timeout,it was great and he has done a great job with the club.True this is a message board,didn't know I had to agree with you?????What's with all the threats???Are we gonna arm wrestle or something?As Rodney King would say can't we just all get along??/

[/quote]
Great post.

[quote name="whsalum" post="965612" timestamp="1297612018"]
True I wasn't talking about a pattern in a single game or on a single play I was talking about a pattern over the past 2 seasons.[color=red]Officials whether it's right or wrong know players tendacies over the course of a season or more[/color], if they have been multi year starters.Is this the first tech that's been called, the second ,the third???D-Ville I am a basketball fan,I look on these boards and see the best matchups and go to the best game that night.I've done that for years ,before I had kids playing and now long after they have graduated .I wanted to check out EC and Anahuac on friday but was late getting off so I thought this was the second best choice.As a lifelong fan of the game I see trends now where some people think the game is about "ME" and not the TEAM.The game is the best sport period in my opinion and will continue to be so if played and coached the right way.I will agree 100% about Coach Williams timeout,it was great and he has done a great job with the club.True this is a message board,didn't know I had to agree with you?????What's with all the threats???Are we gonna arm wrestle or something?As Rodney King would say can't we just all get along??/

[/quote] Seeing that this is the first Vr game that the fat guy has called this year I dont see the patten. But are you saying that he is calling the game on what he has heard about different players. And no its not the first Tech of the year the other one was for a foolish call also, For dunking in warmups. Again a case for the ref wonting to become part of the game.

No I'm saying the officials all talk before every game and at meetings.They know players tendacies before they take the court.They use this information to keep games from getting out of control and sometimes they are a little quick on the whistle.How can a dunk in warm up be a bogus call?If the officials are on the floor it's a rule,the official didn't write the rule he just enforced it.If they didn't enforce the rule how would they decide who could break it and who couldn't.The block was an excellent play,plain and simple,players whether it be your son or a total stranger have to realize in a game situation what they can or can not do.

DVILLE monkey what does anyone from D-VILLE know about winning basketball games ?????                                                                                                                                                        Buna      2    9
Deweyville      1    10
Warren      1    10
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.I guess I'll just have to admit the Rebels are the best club in SETX this year and it's not a technical foul to dunk in warm ups or taunt an opponent.I'll just keep going to the games and posting some very elementary observations and someday maybe I can at least measure up to the basketball guru on this thread  ;D

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="965725" timestamp="1297653898"]
Wasn't refering to you either Blue.  You just can't seem to keep you foot out of your mouth.  I'm starting to think Evadale will be a heck of a lot better when you have no reason to come to the games!  That'll be soon enough.

[/quote]I have been going to Evadale games for 25 yrs now, and I dont see me stoping going anytime in the furture. I have coach almost every kid playing in JR high all the way up to Sr . Boys and girls. So you aint getting rid of me that eazy.  ;D And WHSALUM I said that after we lost to Leggett that we were not the best 1a club in the area. And as far the Techs go, yea its the rule, and its also the rule if you slap the backboard, if you spill water on the floor during a 30 sec time out, if the coach crosses mid court, and on and on. But most of those calls are never made except when a offical wonts to become part of the game. Most of your good refs can make their point without making that call and you never know they are on the floor.JMO

[quote name="True Blue" post="965625" timestamp="1297613501"]
Seeing that this is the first Vr game [b]that the fat guy[/b] has called this year I dont see the patten. But are you saying that he is calling the game on what he has heard about different players. And no its not the first Tech of the year the other one was for a foolish call also, For dunking in warmups. Again a case for the ref wonting to become part of the game.
[/quote]Am I the only one bothered by the fact that you refer to someone else as "the fat guy"?!?!?  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami