Goodrich vs. Chester Game Thread/Goodrich wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Glad to see that Goodrich showed restraint and sportsmanship in this game. Must have been hard to hold back running up the score on an obviously weaker team.

Let's see Goodrich run up the score and bust 100 points against a team that has more than 5 or 6 players and that those 5 or 6 are upperclassmen. Too bad we didn't see the REAL Goodrich against teams liket Leggett, Spurger, Burkeville or any team that they may face in the playoffs.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="963438" timestamp="1297257307"]
Glad to see that Goodrich showed restraint and sportsmanship in this game. Must have been hard to hold back running up the score on an obviously weaker team.

Let's see Goodrich run up the score and bust 100 points against a team that has more than 5 or 6 players and that those 5 or 6 are upperclassmen. Too bad we didn't see the REAL Goodrich against teams liket Leggett, Spurger, Burkeville or any team that they may face in the playoffs.
[/quote] Goodrich and Redhorse have score over 100 in the games they have play with Chester.
Spurger-79
Chester-9

Yep, Spurger put 79 on Chester.

The starting five played the entire first quarter and then the second string went in. Only one starter stayed in at a time just to guide the second string along. In fact, Spurger imposed a 5 pass minimum before any shot and no player could make two baskets in a row. It is hard to tell a player that has worked hard to not score, so they will still score. The only hope that a coach would have is that the scoring will be limited or damped some.

Yep, Spurger still put 79 on Chester. I was not at the Goodrich ot Leggett games with Chester, but I appears to me that those two teams set out to put 100+ on a under-manned, under-skilled team.

Having watched Chester play this year, they never gave up and played hard till the buzzer. My tip my hat to them.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="963495" timestamp="1297266483"]

Yep, Spurger still put 79 on Chester. I was not at the Goodrich ot Leggett games with Chester, but I appears to me that those two teams set out to put 100+ on a under-manned, under-skilled team.

[/quote]  I don't about Leggett but Goodrich is always like that. There head coach does it for rankings,to try to show how strong his team is.It only shows he's an *hole. ;)

[quote name="little d" post="964145" timestamp="1297366047"]
[quote author=nuthinbutnet link=topic=80008.msg963495#msg963495 date=1297266483]

[/quote]  I don't about Leggett but Goodrich is always like that. There head coach does it for rankings,to try to show how strong his team is.It only shows he's an *hole. ;)
[/quote] Coach is not a * hole. Goodrich dont have but 7 player what u thing he should do tell them not to score.And no he not doing it for the ranking.

Well before I refresh your memory Mr CATMAN let me say I know basketball is not Chesters strong point and it is at Goodrich.Maybe you was to young or maybe you didn't live around here or maybe you just have happen to forgot the game back on Feb 12 1997 when Goodrich played Chester and most of Chesters players was gone on a trip. Goodrich had played Chester once and beat them badly and the Goodrich coach made it well known he was going to try to set the scoring record in Texas the next time that they played Chester. Well he had more than 7 on the team that year but he pressed and played the starters the whole game. He got his record against a team playing kids who usually sat the bench.Plus Chester played almost the whole 4 qtr with 2 players on the floor, 2 against 5 and still pressing.I might add Goodrich was ranked 4th in the state that year. In case you don't remember this the score was 144 to 6. I still have a copy of the newspaper that has the article in it titled "Shame on you Goodrich" if you would like to read it I would be glad to let you. This is no way for a coach to act it's like the article says remember sometimes things like this have a way of backfiring. Just letting you know from now own don't try to blow smoke up my rear and tell me Goodrich coaches are the good guys.

[quote name="little d" post="964442" timestamp="1297415375"]
Well before I refresh your memory Mr CATMAN let me say I know basketball is not Chesters strong point and it is at Goodrich.Maybe you was to young or maybe you didn't live around here or maybe you just have happen to forgot the game back on Feb 12 1997 when Goodrich played Chester and most of Chesters players was gone on a trip. Goodrich had played Chester once and beat them badly and the Goodrich coach made it well known he was going to try to set the scoring record in Texas the next time that they played Chester. Well he had more than 7 on the team that year but he pressed and played the starters the whole game. He got his record against a team playing kids who usually sat the bench.Plus Chester played almost the whole 4 qtr with 2 players on the floor, 2 against 5 and still pressing.I might add Goodrich was ranked 4th in the state that year. In case you don't remember this the score was 144 to 6. I still have a copy of the newspaper that has the article in it titled "Shame on you Goodrich" if you would like to read it I would be glad to let you. This is no way for a coach to act it's like the article says remember sometimes things like this have a way of backfiring. Just letting you know from now own don't try to blow smoke up my rear and tell me Goodrich coaches are the good guys.
[/quote] No i did not no that.I no alot about Chester i went to high school there .And still go to the high school reunion every 3 years.

[quote name="little d" post="964626" timestamp="1297449705"]
No i did not no that.I no alot about Chester i went to high school there .And still go to the high school reunion every 3 years.
[/quote]   Not trying to be rude just stating the facts. If you don't mind me asking what years did you attend Chester?
[/quote] I live @ Camden when to Chester 1956-1960 Mr.Bradley drove the school bus from Camden to Chester.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder