Vidor vs. Beaumont Central Boys Match Thread/Central wins/Comments

WOSgrad

First HS game I have watched in a while.  I was impressed with the quality of play (compared to my last experience).  I thought Vidor was the stronger team and handled the ball better, but Central's forwards were much more effective than Vidor's.  Central didn't have many chances but they made the most of the ones they had.  I think Vidor had close to 10 corners to 1 for Central.  Odd game. 

Kudos to #9 for Central -- great goal, but I think he assisted with the other two goals. 

[quote name=".1Corona1." post="961287" timestamp="1296880345"]
Thanks... What do you think of Central this year?
[/quote]

I have seen them play and I have the same impression - decent controlling the middle or on the defensive end, but absolutely deadly in the attacking third.  That alone will make them deadly if a Nederland or PNG has an off night against them

[quote name=".1Corona1." post="961287" timestamp="1296880345"]
Thanks... What do you think of Central this year?
[/quote]

I think Central is strong up front.  I like #9 as a CF -- he was as unselfish as he was good as a finisher.  There are some weaknesses in the back and middle -- that is why you lose possession so much.  If Vidor would have slowed down on the attack, they could have exploited their strength there.  I will watch them again.  I like the short throughs on attack.  And, up front, Central has some good finishers.  The last goal was a one-touch off a bounce from the left foot for #17.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    doctorelviss
    Newest Member
    doctorelviss