Evadale vs. Hull-Daisetta Game Thread/Hull-Daisetta wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="Abraham" post="959855" timestamp="1296670836"]
[quote author=Barack link=topic=79630.msg959615#msg959615 date=1296657843]
so a guy named abraham on a post said that evadale was the best at everything...
guess not
[/quote]
Last time I checked they are 1st in that dist. and IMO yes they are the BEST 1a team in this area (Southeast Texas) at everything... I mean someone prove me wrong.
[/quote]

try playing memorial in everything. that might prove something

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Barack" post="960497" timestamp="1296744605"]
[quote author=Abraham link=topic=79630.msg959855#msg959855 date=1296670836]
[quote author=Barack link=topic=79630.msg959615#msg959615 date=1296657843]
so a guy named abraham on a post said that evadale was the best at everything...
guess not
[/quote]
Last time I checked they are 1st in that dist. and IMO yes they are the BEST 1a team in this area (Southeast Texas) at everything... I mean someone prove me wrong.
[/quote]

try playing memorial in everything. that might prove something
[/quote]
Your a complete IDIOT!!! I said best 1a!!! I never said ohh they can play with memorial!! My god you idiots on here really get under my skin!!!

I agree with Mo! This thing is getting less and less enjoyable as we have to be subjected to the "my dogs bigger than your dog!' stuff. I admit that I brag about the Rebels. If I didn't I don't think I would be a very good fan. But I respect and admire the schools, coaches, players and students from every school, in our district to 5A in the area. I will root for any SETX team that is in the playoffs right up to the game they happen to play Evadale. The better SETX does the better for all of us. I ma proud of the players that signed letters of intent and guess what there was not a single Evadale player signed.

This has been a great year for Evadale in sports. We have a volleyball district championship, a football area championship, a girls basketball championship, tied for the lead in district boys basketball and have the #1 ranking in the preseason baseball coaches poll. Those are facts. But next year anyone of those or all of those could change, and eventually will. We need to look at the things that make us better and this school year we have had our share. The situations at WOS and Newton where death marked the season of two proud programs and the outpouring of support that was shown by all of SETX. Take a look a Chester with a declining enrollment swithing to 6 man football and their basketball team that is having a difficult year to put it mildly and yet they still compete each and every game. I am sure that if you look there are plenty of other stories that would make anyone proud of the student athletes of SETX.

Lets just remember that the players on the other bench belong to a mother or dad, just like the kids from our school. That the fans on the other side are just a passionate and escited about their team as we are about ours. And if you want something sobering to think about the kids and fans from a nearby rival school could end up being on your side if the situation with school finances does not change course. There might be a whole bunch of dashes appearing bewteen the names of school if they are forced to consolidate or the name of your school might just cease to exist. It is more likely than we would like to think and then those teams and fans that you were railing against will be sitting on the bench right beside your kids and then this process will start all over again as we pick out another school or schools to turn our anger against.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="960522" timestamp="1296745918"]
I agree with Mo! This thing is getting less and less enjoyable as we have to be subjected to the "my dogs bigger than your dog!' stuff. I admit that I brag about the Rebels. If I didn't I don't think I would be a very good fan. But I respect and admire the schools, coaches, players and students from every school, in our district to 5A in the area. I will root for any SETX team that is in the playoffs right up to the game they happen to play Evadale. The better SETX does the better for all of us. I ma proud of the players that signed letters of intent and guess what there was not a single Evadale player signed.

This has been a great year for Evadale in sports. We have a volleyball district championship, a football area championship, a girls basketball championship, tied for the lead in district boys basketball and have the #1 ranking in the preseason baseball coaches poll. Those are facts. But next year anyone of those or all of those could change, and eventually will. We need to look at the things that make us better and this school year we have had our share. The situations at WOS and Newton where death marked the season of two proud programs and the outpouring of support that was shown by all of SETX. Take a look a Chester with a declining enrollment swithing to 6 man football and their basketball team that is having a difficult year to put it mildly and yet they still compete each and every game. I am sure that if you look there are plenty of other stories that would make anyone proud of the student athletes of SETX.

Lets just remember that the players on the other bench belong to a mother or dad, just like the kids from our school. That the fans on the other side are just a passionate and escited about their team as we are about ours. And if you want something sobering to think about the kids and fans from a nearby rival school could end up being on your side if the situation with school finances does not change course. There might be a whole bunch of dashes appearing bewteen the names of school if they are forced to consolidate or the name of your school might just cease to exist. It is more likely than we would like to think and then those teams and fans that you were railing against will be sitting on the bench right beside your kids and then this process will start all over again as we pick out another school or schools to turn our anger against.

[/quote]
Agreed

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476