Burkeville-Away
Spurger has got
Burkeville-Home-WON
Redhorse-Away
Goodrich-Away
Goodrich has got
Burkeville-Away
Spurger-Home
Now pick the 3 teams that will make the playoff.

Itsa shame that these four teams all can't go to playoffs cuz they are all very good and playoff teams but with Goodrich beating leggett, I c BKV beating leggett 2nd round, and it will Come down to Spurger in Leggett to see who gets that last playoff spot. It's all a coinflip

Spurger's opportunity to win rests on whether or not Whittaker plays with a chip on his shoulder.  The Pirates need their big man to step up and play big in the most important game of the season.  Spurger has a great supporting cast around Whittaker.  Whittaker can dominate a game on both ends of the court when he chooses.  The Pirates will need him strong in close and dominant on the board if they want to open opportunities for their other scorers.  Whittaker is the key, he can't be one dimensional if the Pirates are to make the playoffs. 
The Pirates record at home is just 4-5 so they will need to come out ready to play.  Let's hope a raucous crowd shows up to root them on to victory.  I say Pirates by seven.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="955417" timestamp="1296094775"]
Let See What Yall Thing.
Burkeville has got
Spurger-Away-LOST
Redhorse-Home
Goodrich-Home
Redhorse has got
Spurger-Home
Burkeville-Away
Spurger has got
Burkeville-Home
Redhorse-Away
Goodrich-Away
Goodrich has got
Burkeville-Away
Spurger-Home
Now pick the 3 teams that will make the playoff.
[/quote] 1/28/11  Burkeville--4-3    Goodrich-----7-1    Redhorse---6---2    Spurger--6-2

If Burkeville beats Leggett tuesday, and spurger beats leggett Friday Burkeville is in the playoffs along with Goodrich as #1 and Spurger #2 and Burkeville #3, if bkv loses tuesday their playoff hopes are done. If Leggett beats Spurger then burkeville must win out to go to the playoffs. Lots of scenarios here. itll be a good finish ;)

[quote name="WordMan2" post="956434" timestamp="1296235503"]
Spurger's opportunity to win rests on whether or not Whittaker plays with a chip on his shoulder.  The Pirates need their big man to step up and play big in the most important game of the season.  Spurger has a great supporting cast around Whittaker.  Whittaker can dominate a game on both ends of the court when he chooses.  The Pirates will need him strong in close and dominant on the board if they want to open opportunities for their other scorers.  Whittaker is the key, he can't be one dimensional if the Pirates are to make the playoffs. 
The Pirates record at home is just 4-5 so they will need to come out ready to play.  Let's hope a raucous crowd shows up to root them on to victory.  I say Pirates by seven.
[/quote]

I don't believe Whittaker is playing with a "chip on his shoulder". I believe he is trying to hard since it is his last year and he would like to play college ball somewhere. It is hard for theses young guys to do everything that is expected of them. Keep your head up George it will all work itself out!!!

[quote name="WordMan2" post="956434" timestamp="1296235503"]
[/quote] I have watch George play for 6 yrs and I have never known him to ever play with a chip. But I can see were he is getting upset this year. He does not have a great supporting cast, he has a good point guard to get him the ball. But anyone that has seen them play, they just need to double him and make someone else beat them. and no one has steped up do help. In the two game that they have lost in dist. he has scored 51 points. Looks like the kid is doing all he can to help his team, just need some of that supporting cast to step up and help...JMO....

[quote name="True Blue" post="958895" timestamp="1296591990"]
[quote author=WordMan2 link=topic=79184.msg956434#msg956434 date=1296235503]
[/quote] I have watch George play for 6 yrs and I have never known him to ever play with a chip. But I can see were he is getting upset this year. He does not have a great supporting cast, he has a good point guard to get him the ball. But anyone that has seen them play, they just need to double him and make someone else beat them. and no one has steped up do help. In the two game that they have lost in dist. he has scored 51 points. Looks like the kid is doing all he can to help his team, just need some of that supporting cast to step up and help...JMO....
[/quote]

True Blue I agree and disagree.....He does have a good supporting cast but everyone is playing timid and don't want to step up and take that scoring roll like Blankenship did last year. They have the ability but not the i don't care what others think attitude that Blankenship did last year. The point guard is doing all he can to fill the gaps but can't do it by himself. The 3 guards that get the most playing time can't decide which one wants to play every game with that attitude and drive to step it up!!! Rawls is outstanding from the inside and outside, Odom can rip it from the outside and drive from time to time .(He just need to shoot more). Anderson has been a big asset but needs to shoot more. We have a good bench that needs to decide when the are in they are gonna make a difference. LOVE THEM PIRATES!!!!!

I hear what your saying, I just took it as some one was blaming George and saying he was not putting it all out. And I know that aint the case. He wonts to win and go to the  next step as much or more than anyone.  Good luck and hope to see your guys make it to the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa