Which district is better 24 2A or 22 2A??

aTmfan06

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen alot of these clubs play and I would give the advantage to 24aa.While I think the district is down from what it has been the top 2 clubs,Ktz and EC are still better than their counterparts to the north.I think that when you line these 2 districts up Kountze and EC would be clear favorites and then you would have a dog fight for the 3rd spot.Anahuac is improving every time I see them but don't have quite the horses they had last year.CH may play a ball control type game but I don't think they would hold either of the top 2 clubs down south to 40 points.

[quote name="whsalum" post="949984" timestamp="1295313322"]
I've seen alot of these clubs play and I would give the advantage to 24aa.While I think the district is down from what it has been the top 2 clubs,Ktz and EC are still better than their counterparts to the north.I think that when you line these 2 districts up Kountze and EC would be clear favorites and then you would have a dog fight for the 3rd spot.Anahuac is improving every time I see them but don't have quite the horses they had last year.CH may play a ball control type game but I don't think they would hold either of the top 2 clubs down south to 40 points.
[/quote]whsalum, have seen CH play this year? I have seen them but I haven't seen Kountze....was wondering if you have seen both clubs.....your judgement is usually pretty solid...lol

What knd of ball do you think Crockett played and they only scored 62. They are used to close to a 100 a game.  And it would be a dogfight between CH, Kountze, EC, Woden, Woodville.  We will probably see them match up somewhere in the playoffs.  CH beat or played top ranked 3A Paris (not sure which pole) to a close game and they were 10 players subbing in and out and getting up and down.  I think they probably had the worst game of the year against Woodville. I could be wrong I will say that.  CH may not be as good as I think, I do know they can play ball control and they can get out and go.  There guards are as fast as any around, they are just not shooting the ball like they did last year.  Example, there leading scorer is not averaging near what he did last year.  He has had trouble finding his stroke. He better find it quick.  If he does, they will be even better.  Because they have the bigs.  They have played 3A and 4A teams this year and are holding teams to low point totals. You just dont score much on them even Crockett didnt score a whole lot pushing it up and taking a shot every 7 seconds. 

Guest Cool-Breeze
This conversation won't be solve because east tex is biased toward CH and Woden obviously and most of the other people in this thread are biased toward kountze or EC

Guest Cool-Breeze
The only sure answer is that top to bottom 22 is better but 24 has two better teams. That's why 22 will be exciting and 24 is already set basically

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949879" timestamp="1295302228"]
Thats awesome.  Kountze has always been a power in basketball.  Not so much in football, but basketball for the past 20 years has been pretty solid.  There is alot of good basketball in that region of east texas with Kountze, Buna, Silsbee, HJ, EC, Woodville. Lot of good basketball goes on around there.  EC when I was growing up was in the region tournament 1 year when I was in school. 96-97
[/quote]Kountze not a powerhouse in football?!?!?

Why, do I need to remind you that Kountze had a streak going on in football in the early 80's that was nationally recognized?!?!? 

Well according to the poles of Texas Coaches they have CH ranked as high as Kountze and EC is not ranked.  I personally think the Woodville win was a fluke at CH, evidence in the fact they were so high for the game they lost their next two games.  Ch will win district and Woden will get 2nd and Woodville 3rd.  Kountze will not run up and down the floor on CH.  Did Woodville, and that is the style they play.  They want the score to be in the 80's.  Kountze plays the same way, you dont know how a game is going to come out until you play the game.  Matchups are different. I am not saying that Central Heights is dominate verses Kountze or East Chambers, but they would give them all they wanted.  Pressure dosent bother CH and that is what Kountze thrives on.  They probably only had 10-12 turnovers against Woodville.  Woodville more than likely played the best game they have played all year against CH.  We will see how it turns out in district and in the playoffs. Until then, everyone is just guessing.

Dude quit riding it. CH is good, yes. They dang sure don't have 4 6'5" players. They have one that's about 6'5" and one 6'4". Next tallest is maybe 6'2". And the height didn't effect Woodville. CH does not have the athletes to hang with Kountze or EC. end of story. An the rankings are a fluke. They have Cleveland ranked ahead of silsbee, who has been predicted to win state by many experts. No. Woodville outplayed CH. stop trying to defend them. They mightve had a bad game. Ok. Part of being a good and successful team is winning and playing well on a consistent basis. Kountze does that. EC does that. CH got beat by Woodville, who you say shouldn't have beat them. Hmmmmm. If they really shouldn't have beat them, then that means they can't win on a consistent basis. I'm done.

Evidentally they can win on a consistent basis, they are 20 something and 5 on the year.  Im not riding anything, you can keep argueing what you want and I really havent told you what I really thought about the game until you posted your post above and then I just got tired of hearing it.  Woodville may not even make the playoffs will all the losses they are accumulated lately.  And as far as their rankings, I guess you would have to take that up with the coaches of Texas who I would think have a little more reputation and credibility than you do. You can jab back because I really dont care, because from your posts I can tell you do not know very much about this game.  Yes, Woodville beat CH.  Are they better, no.  It was one game followed by a loss at home to Woden and then another to SA.  We can both keep posting or we can just wait until it is all over and see what the outcome is.  If I am wrong, I will admit it.  I can tell you CH is very good and they are playing about 10-15 points under there capability because their guards are not producing like they did last year in a tougher district than the one they are in now.  The only team to beat them by a large margin is Crockett at number 2 in the state, and they lost by 18.  Go ahead and post something back but MY OPINION is that CH will win district and go further in the playoffs than Woodville.  I was Woodville play, they are very athletic and big.  But they are not very skilled.  And CH does have one 6'6' player, 2 6'5" guys and one that is about 6'4".  And guess what, Ch will be just as good next year because they have alot of youth.  My money is on CH, yours is on Woodville.  We will see how it plays out. Then the REAL talking can begin.  As of now CH is 3-1 in district, Woden 3-1, and Woodville is 1-3 or 2-2, Im not sure about ther record, I do know that they are a little above average 2A team. 

District 24 is the better district. District 22 is a lot like District 21 in that they both are solid for 4 or 5 teams worth, but neither really has a top team that will be a threat at a state tourney run and it will be tough for either of those districts to even get a team to the regional tournament.

wouldnt say that man. anything can happen. no disrespect to any1. but neithr team is as good as past. kountze ec ch woden sa wdvile. so its up 4 grabs in playoffs. sayn all that kountze and woden are the most consistent of all teams year aftr year. while the othrs are bettr n football. go SA

Guest tripple threat
Year in and year out Kountze and EC are much better the CH.  CH puts a very good team on the floor every 10 yrs or so but not nearly as consistantly as Kountze and EC. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed