Hawks vs. Tigers

bmrm

Since I was unable to attend the HJ/Silsbee shootout & not really having the time to follow the 18 pages of comments since I have to work in the morning, can anyone confirm that the Hawks actually had a double digit lead in the fourth quarter?  My source tends to strecth the truth a bit. 

[quote name="bmrm" post="949628" timestamp="1295241007"]
Since I was unable to attend the HJ/Silsbee shootout & not really having the time to follow the 18 pages of comments since I have to work in the morning, can anyone confirm that the Hawks actually had a double digit lead in the fourth quarter?  My source tends to strecth the truth a bit. 
[/quote]No, the double digit lead was last held in the 3rd, although they had a double digit lead in the 1st and 2nd.  The 4th quarter opened with HJ up 46-40 and Silsbee went on an 11-0 run (give or take a couple) to take a lead that they wouldn't lose.  They outscored HJ 24-10.

Sigh.........

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949629" timestamp="1295241614"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=78866.msg949628#msg949628 date=1295241007]
[/quote]No, the double digit lead was last held in the 3rd, although they had a double digit lead in the 1st and 2nd.  The 4th quarter opened with HJ up 46-40 and Silsbee went on an 11-0 run (give or take a couple) to take a lead that they wouldn't lose.  They outscored HJ 24-10.

Sigh.........
[/quote]
Well I will take solace in the fact that HJ actually had a double digit lead on Silsbee that late in the game & congratulate the Tigers on making up the difference & winning.  It shows that the Hawks aren't quite as mismatched as many would like to believe. 

I have said it elsewhere the top 5 or 6 players on these teams are pretty equal,  the difference is the difference is the Tigers have more depth.  The Hawks have just as good a chance at winning as do the Tigers when those top players stay in the game and stay fairly fresh.

[quote name="ST413" post="949638" timestamp="1295243037"]
I have said it elsewhere the top 5 or 6 players on these teams are pretty equal,  the difference is the difference is the Tigers have more depth.  The Hawks have just as good a chance at winning as do the Tigers when those top players stay in the game and stay fairly fresh.
[/quote]

You must be wrong.  Dogs1218 has already "declared" that HJ cant compare to Silsbee and thats the way IT IS.  Having a 12 point lead on the opponents floor and losing by eight is actually a case where Silsbee mopped the floor with HJ and HJ lost substantially.

I think both Silsbee and HJ will be able to look at this with a better view once all the games have been played.  You can argue for or agaisnt either side.  Let the games be played and talk after the season.  Silsbee is 1-0 as of now, they have one more game for sure, maybe more.  I would just wait and after 2-3 or 4 games you will be able to gauge all the games together. JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont