Hamshire-Fannet vs. Orangefield Game Thread/OF wins 66-38!

WOSgrad

[quote name="silverstreak" post="949917" timestamp="1295306889"]
This was a surprise to me - not that Orangefield won but that it was not a little closer. HF had been playing well. Orangefield might just be the best in 21 3A
[/quote]

H-F best 2 ballhandlers were out of the game early in the 2nd half (1 fouled out and 1 sat out due to a technical foul- team policy) and their starting Post fouled out early too. OF coach ran up the score on basically H-F's 2nd team (continued to full court press until 30 seconds left in the game- a lack of class on his part).

I have seen both H-J and OF play.  H-J definitely has the better team.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="georgel" post="950008" timestamp="1295314272"]
[quote author=silverstreak link=topic=78760.msg949917#msg949917 date=1295306889]
This was a surprise to me - not that Orangefield won but that it was not a little closer. HF had been playing well. Orangefield might just be the best in 21 3A
[/quote]

H-F best 2 ballhandlers were out of the game early in the 2nd half (1 fouled out and 1 sat out due to a technical foul- team policy) and their starting Post fouled out early too. OF coach ran up the score on basically H-F's 2nd team (continued to full court press until 30 seconds left in the game- a lack of class on his part).

I have seen both H-J and OF play.  H-J definitely has the better team.
[/quote]

Orangefield beat HF almost by the same score in the Nederland tournament.  66-38 is not running up the score. Would not matter if ball handlers were not in the game. HF has not beat OF in 7 years. Can you say club Volleyball? Yes I know we have not beat you guys in volleyball that much. ;D ;D

Obviously you haven't seen Orangefield play to much in the past. That's how we play the game, we press and force turnovers. We're not loaded with super stars, we have very fundamentally sound basketball players that play hard and are very basketball smart. Most of our games are close till the second half and gradually we pull away from our opponent. That's our game plan, we basically wear teams out with our style and depth. It's not running up the score, we go 10 deep this year so we have fresher legs than most teams late in the game!!!

Also HJ is definetly the team to beat in this district!!! We've had some great battles with them over the past few years, I don't see that changing this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124