What The Future For The Small 1A-Div.2 School

CATMAN

Can These Survice The Money Cut That The State Will Put On The School Dist. This Year And Years To Come.
In The Years To Come I See Some Of These School Not Haveing Enough Player To Play Basketball Not But 2 Of These School Play Football And One Is 6 Man.

[quote name="no-look" post="947755" timestamp="1294969045"]
I dont see any of these schools growing in the near future. All have good bb teams. Chester has struggled lately but was once a force.
[/quote] Goodrich dont have enough for a JV team. I thing CHESTER has 40 in high school.

It is highly unlikely that any of these schools grow in numbers because of the locations they are in. Good rich would have the best chance in location, but would have to change some things to grow and for people to want to put their kids there. Chester is basically home town folks as well as Big Sandy and Spurger and there is no job market for these places. All of that said, I truly do not think that any of these schools can handle much of a cut in finances, especially Chester as they have been struggling to keep a balanced budget every since the tax exemptions on timber companies many years ago. With there numbers being so low, they cannot take money cuts as well. There could come a day where Chester has no choice but to consolidate even though that is the last thing they want to do. It may happen with many small schools. We will just have to see. I hope that it doesn't come to that. 

Years ago chester was going to shut down the school and go to Woodville the old timer had a fit.But the time has come to go.
BS has not move down yet to 1a div2
They are still in good shape all the class room are new.The high school is just 2 years old and it is paid for.

[quote name="Bazinga" post="948066" timestamp="1295024688"]
Chester will not consolidate with anyone.  They are very proud people. 
[/quote] When they have to raise there taxes we will see how proud they are.The folks in chester will have to face this sooner or later it best to face it sooner. U no the state can close the school. :( :( :( :( :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476