Jasper Bulldogs.....What happened???

Does anybody remember the "Dawgs" ever being this low? I admit I didn't attend Jasper High, but I have called J-town home for 26 years and I do not remember them ever being so low. I watched 5 or 6 games this year. There just doesn't seem to be any support in the stands. The last couple of years we went to the games and I know I wasn't the only one hoarse from yelling. This year, there aint no noise????? whats up with that? I wish all the seniors well in their plans to continue there career in football. The only good thing about being on the bottom is that there is only one way to go from here... To the top baby.

Go Dawgs

This is the same group of young men that were undefeated as JV in 01-02 season. Unfortunately most of that team withered away to playing video games and ridin' around listen to their loud music, or anything else but football. Of couse some probably have legit reasons for not continuing. It is still sad to have seen them as such a strong team and then fall to this level. I've heard coaches, players, and many other excuses. The final straw is the scoreboard.

This is the same group of young men that were undefeated as JV in 01-02 season. Unfortunately most of that team withered away to playing video games and ridin' around listen to their loud music' date=' or anything else but football. Of couse some probably have legit reasons for not continuing. It is still sad to have seen them as such a strong team and then fall to this level. I've heard coaches, players, and many other excuses. The final straw is the scoreboard.[/quote']

That is common. When I played in junior high school for two years (about 40 years ago) we had a pretty good team. By the time high school rolled around, about a third of the players moved on to other things, including some very good ones. We sure didn't have video games or any of the other distractions of today. Soccer was some game they played overseas, fall baseball wasn't even a concept, etc. They still quit. I think some of the problem has something to do with a work ethic. Either you are willing to put up with long practices or you aren't. Obviously some kids go on to other sports or endeavors but a lot of it is just the committment it takes to play football.

This is the same group of young men that were undefeated as JV in 01-02 season. Unfortunately most of that team withered away to playing video games and ridin' around listen to their loud music' date=' or anything else but football. Of couse some probably have legit reasons for not continuing. It is still sad to have seen them as such a strong team and then fall to this level. I've heard coaches, players, and many other excuses. The final straw is the scoreboard.[/quote']

One of the big problems IMHO is the fans. Jasper supports a winner, but they had better not lose. First come the excuses, then the blame. We call Jasper "Excuseville." The only noise when Jasper is losing are the fans leaving early. I know that this post will cause some hard feelings, but from where I see it, it is the truth. Get out and support your kids. If things are going bad, and they look into the stands, let Jasper be there! The last two times we played, the Jasper side was empty early. GO DAWGS.

Guest EagleFan01

Jasper is again a young team with alot of talent... They will be back, to me though this would be a very different team if they would have beat Newton in that game ealier this year... One thing that we all know is that confidence is a big thing for a young team and if they win this game that would of built there confidence and they would be in the hunt right now if you ask me..... They will be back though don't worry bulldog fans,, yall will be back with time just hang in there..... Its still tough to play at the boneyard jasper being good or not its tough there...

You never like to have years like this one, but it is not the end of the line. In 1985 Jasper went 4-5 which at the time was considered very poor for them. Heck, they even lost to Lumberton that year. :P Some folks around Jasper were saying that never again would Jasper have great teams. That the talent had all graduated.

All they did in 1986 was rebound and hand WOS its very first 4a loss, and make it all the way to QF, losing a close rematch game to WOS. WOS went on to win its first state championship.

I predict that Jasper will rebound next year with a vengeance. :twisted: :D

You never like to have years like this one' date=' but it is not the end of the line. In 1985 Jasper went 4-5 which at the time was considered very poor for them. Heck, they even lost to Lumberton that year. :P Some folks around Jasper were saying that never again would Jasper have great teams. That the talent had all graduated.

All they did in 1986 was rebound and hand WOS its very first 4a loss, and make it all the way to QF, losing a close rematch game to WOS. WOS went on to win its first state championship.

I predict that Jasper will rebound next year with a vengeance. :twisted: :D[/quote']

Hope so. Jasper will still be young again next year, but should be more competitive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124