Dos Santos vs lesnar and the ultimate fighter coaches

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
Yes both coaches, oh don't start the experience mess the guy is a national champion wrestler and he will bring in guys for stand up, I mean u can say same thing for dos Santos he has great standup but his wrestling and ground and pound isn't good, Randy coutore and koshceck wrestling backgrounds and they been coaches who wouldn't want to learn from brock bout wrestling!!!

[quote name="basketball25" post="947162" timestamp="1294882578"]
Yes both coaches, oh don't start the experience mess the guy is a national champion wrestler and he will bring in guys for stand up, I mean u can say same thing for dos Santos he has great standup but his wrestling and ground and pound isn't good, Randy coutore and koshceck wrestling backgrounds and they been coaches who wouldn't want to learn from brock bout wrestling!!!
[/quote]

That's kinda what I meant, he'll have to depend on his coaching team. True, Lesnar is great on the ground but his size plays a big role.

Guest baseball25
yeah it doesn, but the guy is a all-American wrestler national champion, and lost like 3 times in his career, he knows the techniques and the ground game, and he is also one of the best athletes in the world the things he can do with his size, I would love to learn from a guy that is a national champ in wrestling who wouldnt!!!!!!!

What I don't understand is why the UFC is doing middleweights in this TUF? Lesnar and Dos Santos are both heavy weights so shouldn't they be coaching heavy weights? Regardless I am stoked for this season could be better than the last and I am sure White had to do a lot of provoking to get Brock to leave his home for an extended period of time to coach in Vegas.

I was wondering what weight class it would be. Dana probably went with LHW because the last HW TUF was not impressive, not very good fighters.

Someone mentioned a rumor about Brock going back to WWE. If it was true this could be compensation for him to stay. You never know.

[b]Espn; Jon Anik on Brock Lesnar Coaching[/b]  I'll address the coaching part of it first. Wrestling is the best base for MMA, in my opinion. And I think learning that discipline from Brock Lesnar will be a great experience for the young welterweights. I think Lesnar will actually embrace it, now that he has agreed to do it. He also has a team that will help bridge the gaps in the other areas of MMA. Lesnar and his team's ability to coach these guys well is the least of my concerns.

Brock can't return to the WWE because he is under contract with UFC. Dana has said multiple times that he won't let Brock even make a guest appearance at Wrestlemania. So for now Lesnar is under contract with the UFC. What I want to know is since Brock Lesnar is coaching TUF, will this make him a better all around MMA fighter? This may give him the experience he needs to get better in the octagon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont