Did Anybody Notice Kountze won by 100 points today?

BADSANTA

Guys, stall the ball? If I'm a coach and I'm up 75 points vs anyone, I'm having my guys hold on to the ball. So why beat someone by 100 points? It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how any of you agree with that. I cant seem to understand why this kind of thing is ok? You guys are the sameones who disagreed that Yates was running up the score last year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badsanta is missing the point and it is obvious he is not reading the responses.  Yes, i agreed that YATES ran up the score.  I disagree that Kountze ran up the score.  It is in the way the games were played.  YATES continued to press the entire game.  why? was it needed?.  Kountze dropped back into a 2-3 zone.
Don't be crazy.  Let's just say your kid (anyones kid) rides the pine all year.  His team is up big time and he gets the chance to play.  do you really think the kid isnt going to try to score?  c'mon.  The coach can call the plays, the defense, tell them to slow it down...but if a bad team makes a bad pass and the kid has a chance at a lay up, do you really think he is going to pull up and set up the four corner offense?  HECK NO>

[quote name="86hawk" post="939108" timestamp="1293572566"]
Badsanta is missing the point and it is obvious he is not reading the responses.  Yes, i agreed that YATES ran up the score.  I disagree that Kountze ran up the score.  It is in the way the games were played.  YATES continued to press the entire game.  why? was it needed?.  Kountze dropped back into a 2-3 zone.
Don't be crazy.  Let's just say your kid (anyones kid) rides the pine all year.  His team is up big time and he gets the chance to play.  do you really think the kid isnt going to try to score?  c'mon.  The coach can call the plays, the defense, tell them to slow it down...but if a bad team makes a bad pass and the kid has a chance at a lay up, do you really think he is going to pull up and set up the four corner offense?  HECK NO>
[/quote]

Well said

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939122" timestamp="1293574281"]
Disagree with all of you. Only opinions.100 point win is a nail bitter as far as all of you are concerned.
[/quote]

Who cares with what you disagree with?! It's clear that you missing the logistic/reasoning behind anyone's post on this topic. Pretty pathetic to say you have a degree.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939122" timestamp="1293574281"]
Disagree with all of you. Only opinions.100 point win is a nail bitter as far as all of you are concerned.
[/quote]It would seem to me that, if Hemphill wanted Kountze to quit "running up the score", then Hemphill could have stalled the ball.  Against a 2-3 zone, they could have run out the clock each quarter.

Instead, Hemphill kept playing basketball.

So blame Hemphill for Kountze "running up the score". ;)

Who cares if they won by 100... they could of made it worse than it was.... I'm not even from kountze or care for them really but their not just gonna let hemphill score on purpose and miss shots on purpose because their not as good as kountze or not working as hard as kountze...Wins a win by a foot or a mile

My opinion is my opinion. Its funny how you all try to change it. They ran up the score. Kountze should be ashamed of themselves. So I tell my 6-10 players to stall with 4 min left in the game. I guess its ok to embarrase the other school. Hope it happens to another local SETX so I can start another post. Maybe Central will play Evadale.

I dont know if you know it or not genius, but the Central/Evadale analogy might not be the best you could come up with since they did give those mighty Lions all they wanted last week. I may be wrong but it sounds like you might be a Lions fan that wants some acknowledgment that they can really beat up on a much weaker team.

[quote name="oldballfan" post="939201" timestamp="1293588384"]
I dont know if you know it or not genius, but the Central/Evadale analogy might not be the best you could come up with since they did give those mighty Lions all they wanted last week. I may be wrong but it sounds like you might be a Lions fan that wants some acknowledgment that they can really beat up on a much weaker team.
[/quote]

He's a Silsbee fan. What school do you represent?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939179" timestamp="1293584758"]
My opinion is my opinion. Its funny how you all try to change it. They ran up the score. Kountze should be ashamed of themselves. So I tell my 6-10 players to stall with 4 min left in the game. I guess its ok to embarrase the other school. Hope it happens to another local SETX so I can start another post. Maybe Central will play Evadale.
[/quote]You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else here, and that's fine with me.  I didn't have a dog in the hunt till you implied Evadale was a push-over.  And you're certainly entitled to your opinion that Evadale is weak but they have played up all year and are playing pretty competitive against some stout teams.  It was a ball game till the end the last time the Lions and Rebels met, so wipe your feet on someone that's more deserving.
Just my opinion...

Evadale would lose by 90 to Silsbee, Central, Ozen, or Nederland. Yes, I disagree with all of you. Some of you sound so stupid! 123-23 is a freaking embarrasment! I'm suprised the coach from Hemphill didnt try to Buddy Ryan coach Jubert! I wonder how much sense some of you have under those John Deer hats. There are several schools that suck in basketball in SETX. If you would like for them to be named I will. Ok lets say 3A Silsbee had of played 1A Burkville yesterday with DC in the lineup. They could have scored 170! I can gurantee the Silsbee coaches would have call the dogs off in the 4th if there up 80. Kountze and all of you know better. KHSALUM400 you know if Kountze lost a game by 100 you would have started this tread and not me. Oldballfan you a genius because I can bet my life Evadale wouldnt get within 70 of Central. Just my opinion bro.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939231" timestamp="1293595298"]
Evadale would lose by 90 to Silsbee, Central, Ozen, or Nederland. Yes, I disagree with all of you. Some of you sound so stupid! 123-23 is a freaking embarrasment! I'm suprised the coach from Hemphill didnt try to Buddy Ryan coach Jubert! I wonder how much sense some of you have under those John Deer hats. There are several schools that suck in basketball in SETX. If you would like for them to be named I will. Ok lets say 3A Silsbee had of played 1A Burkville yesterday with DC in the lineup. They could have scored 170! I can gurantee the Silsbee coaches would have call the dogs off in the 4th if there up 80. Kountze and all of you know better. KHSALUM400 you know if Kountze lost a game by 100 you would have started this tread and not me. Oldballfan you a genius because I can bet my life Evadale wouldnt get within 70 of Central. Just my opinion bro.
[/quote]

BADSANTA, have you saw Evadale play this year? Are you assuming they're a bad team just because they're a 1A school? Are you assuming they're bad because they were bad when you were in school? Before you make any assumptions I would hope you're smart enough to check out some of the schools you're naming before-hand. Sounds to me like you're just basing your assumptions off "reputation/tradition" alone.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939289" timestamp="1293632467"]
Yes I have seen Evadale play this year and they would lose by 90 to the teams I listed. Who cares if their 1A.
[/quote]

Hmm... where did you see them play at? How many times have you saw your own school play?

It's okay to tell the truth sometimes.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939001" timestamp="1293557305"]
KFDM Cooper so you agree when Yates beat Houston Sterling last year 193-43? Kountze 123-23? You get excitement out of that. Embarrasing the other team like that is just bad sportsmanship. If Silsbee did it I would be just as critical. This makes no sense. 100 point win in just plan wrong guys and you know it.
[/quote]

Yates pressed the whole game and had starters in the 2nd half and mommas printed up tshirts - 193 club. Now they were no class. Kountze plays zone, no press and has subs in a lot, no comparision to yates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124