COLDSPRING VS. CARTHAGE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BROADCAST THREAD/DOGS 3-PEAT!

WOSgrad

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Carthage. very good team. The qb was impressive, but he wouldnt be that good if it wasnt for thee big guys in front of him. the MVP of the game should have been those boys. I was very impressed by them.

Great job Coldsprings. Yall boys had a great season a brought our lil town together for the second time this year, but this time on a better note. Coach Barbay great job with the program you have put together. looking foward to the future.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="935297" timestamp="1292638296"]
cant fumble inside the redzone
[/quote]

No you can't...especially against a team like Carthage,Just to much passing offense for Coldspring to handle I know they had to have over 400 yds passing .Anyone have the STATS on the game...Congrats to Coldspring on an outstanding season..

A little harsh there on the outcoached, those guys got the most out of those kids for every game but two this year. Just so happened that one was for all the marbles. Much props to Carthage O-line, they won the game. Trey Cooper was pretty much a non-factor and I can't remember the last time that was the case. Obviously the turnovers hurt, but that O-line was even better than expected. Congrats to Carthage, well done and congrats to the Trojans, one hell of a run.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="935627" timestamp="1292679866"]
I am not sure [b]who decided # 1 was a better running back than # 24, but they need their head examined[/b].  Coldsprings was way over-matched in ability and coaching.  Congrats on a great season to both teams.
[/quote]

My sentiments as exactly!  Atleast that Cummings kid had no fear, ran with heart and appeared to be just as fast or atleast within a 1/2-1 step. 

[quote name="Scooter!" post="936285" timestamp="1292794095"]
Morgan has to get some looks. Most accurate passer in 3A
[/quote]

If he was a little taller I think it would be a no brainer, but he is 5'10 and that could be a problem for bigger schools.  One of the best passers I have seen at the high school level.  There were some throws he made and our d-backs had really good coverage on them.  I was really impressed with him.  I was not so impressed with the crazy hair cut or tatoo's he had.  I don't know if anyone saw that or not, many of the Carthage players had tatoo's.  I don't know if they were real or fake.  I just kinda thought it was weird for a bunch of high school kids to have tats. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="936362" timestamp="1292800157"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77701.msg936285#msg936285 date=1292794095]
[/quote]

If he was a little taller I think it would be a no brainer, but he is 5'10 and that could be a problem for bigger schools.  One of the best passers I have seen at the high school level.  There were some throws he made and our d-backs had really good coverage on them.  I was really impressed with him.  I was not so impressed with the crazy hair cut or tatoo's he had.  I don't know if anyone saw that or not, many of the Carthage players had tatoo's.  I don't know if they were real or fake.  I just kinda thought it was weird for a bunch of high school kids to have tats. 
[/quote]as for the tats if the parents approve they can bring them to the parlor.  ;) Legal. As far as haircuts---theyre kids and its state, i would have done the same thing. I agree his height will cause a prob but Brees is doing good for himself these days  ;D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="936364" timestamp="1292801125"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=77701.msg936362#msg936362 date=1292800157]
[/quote]

[/quote]as for the tats if the parents approve they can bring them to the parlor.  ;) Legal. As far as haircuts---theyre kids and its state, i would have done the same thing. I agree his height will cause a prob but Brees is doing good for himself these days  ;D
[/quote]

I think he was trying to imply they are distasteful (tatoos), but hey who cares???  Its football and it was the finals...let'em play and have fun!

Morgan, should get some looks for sure, regardless if its for a QB position or not.  He has the previous experience at DB and will understand QB process to benefit in the secondary (IMO).

[quote name="Trigger" post="936372" timestamp="1292802393"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77701.msg936364#msg936364 date=1292801125]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=77701.msg936362#msg936362 date=1292800157]
[/quote]

[/quote]
i saw the tats. they were tasteful. Morgan had his initials on his arms. nothing wrong with that

I think he was trying to imply they are distasteful (tatoos), but hey who cares???  Its football and it was the finals...let'em play and have fun!

Morgan, should get some looks for sure, regardless if its for a QB position or not.  He has the previous experience at DB and will understand QB process to benefit in the secondary (IMO).
[/quote]

I just think it is a little odd for a bunch of high school kids to have tatoo's.  Ware and Claiborne had some also.  My friend sitting next to me thought they were probably fake.  Maybe some type of intimidation factor going on.  I don't really care about it.  I have tatoo's, but I don't believe high school kids should be all tatooed up like their fresh off a prison farm.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="936421" timestamp="1292813050"]
I just think it is a little odd for a bunch of high school kids to have tatoo's.  Ware and Claiborne had some also.  My friend sitting next to me thought they were probably fake.  Maybe some type of intimidation factor going on.  I don't really care about it.  I have tatoo's, but I don't believe high school kids should be all tatooed up like their fresh off a prison farm.
[/quote]i think Morgan and Claiborne are 18. so they dont need parental permission.  8)

Ware from "here-say" was fake. but like i said---here-say from another person from Carthage

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="936110" timestamp="1292774849"]
Did Gilbert end up with 2,000 yards for the season?  I wonder how many times 2 backs have done that on the same team.
[/quote]

I think Gilbert passed 2,000 and Cummings 2,500 for the season in the game against Carthage....

[quote name="MEM" post="936488" timestamp="1292823927"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=77701.msg936110#msg936110 date=1292774849]
Did Gilbert end up with 2,000 yards for the season?  I wonder how many times 2 backs have done that on the same team.
[/quote]

I think Gilbert passed 2,000 and Cummings 2,500 for the season in the game against Carthage....
[/quote]

I agree what an amazing feat for these two young men.  I wish we had one more year with Cody.  At least we got Sherman for one more and there are some fine young guys coming up to play. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder