Which Team in SE Texas has the best Fans??

KFDM COOP

Guest Brubaker

If we're talking about the 70's I'll go with PNG.  But recently they have been some Fair Weather Fred's.  Based on who supports hard win or lose, Vidor would trump PNG in my opinion.  PNG has had some pretty empty seats late in games over the past several years and their own fans would tell you haven't travelled as well lately too.  I give it to Vidor on the fact that they routinely haven't had much to cheer about, but are always at games, true die hard fans. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at just about every PNG game, and I can honestly say that we've slacked off. There were empty seats for the first home game, and the fans the past couple of years has been quiet. There isn't the buzz like there use to be. The kids are still very spirited at the schools, but as far as games, we are slipping. After last years game, I would say Lumberton had the loudest and rowdiest fans by far more than any other team we played. They have something going over there.

Several years ago I was able to attend the Oregan High School Football state champoinship games held at Autzen Stadium in Eugene Oregon(home of the Oregon Ducks for those of you who were wondering). They held the 2-5A games there if I remember correctly. The fan support at the game may have numbered 5K for the whole day on both sides. I think that our district 20-or 19-4A would be deep in there playoffs or even state champs yearly. Last Friday night I attended the Wando High School football game in Mt. Pleasant South Carolina. I was there on Vacation. I can not resist seeing out of town and state football games. I like to be able to see what we all take for granted year in and year out. Wando lost to Summerville 14-9. They have a nice stadium though. But there fan support would not touch ours here nor is their football near as big as it is here in SE TX. Remeber one thing about us, football is best here among us so its kinda hard to see when you are at are near the top oe the high school food chain in football. Next time you are out of state I encourage you to go to a high school football game if its during the season. I think you will see how great SE TX football really is.

Now for my answer PN-G no doubt but this whole area for the most part deserves credit for there own fans and support.

I have to say, PNG! I've been to PNG games and I love it. I love the spirit they bring. I'm from Kirbyville, and I love my Wildcats, but those Indian Fans know how to Rock. I was at the Dome win they went to state that year..and it was awesome. Kirbyville, I will say, is catching on though. For our small town, we can bring the noise!!!

But Indians hands down.

Nederland and PNG are basically both the best. We can both be 0-9 or whatever and still pack the house on Friday nights; Home or Away games.

Correct!

Except....

PN-G's homeside is now 8,000 versus 5,500 for Nederland.

That's over 50% more fans.

Can't wait to see the new Indian Stadium.

PNG definitely has the BEST and most spirited fans!  Nederland/Lumberton is a close second!  The new stadium is magnificent!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami