Zavalla Tournament Championship/Woodville vs. Huntington/Woodville wins 50-35!!!

Woodville played a great game against a well coached, very organized huntington team that had a few good athletes. Woodville needed a big game to win and did that and more. They beat a solid huntington team and bring their record too 9-3. Sells ONLY HAD 11 POINTS. So too all the critics that ask if woodville has anyone else....yes they do. The sophomore harrison had a great night. As a team, wville is playing great basketball. With two of their three losses coming too one of the best 3A teams in the state, the defending state semi-finalists silsbee, i think theyve had a pretty successful year this year. Dont quite count them out in 22-AA. Its a long shot but i believe anything can happen in that district.

Good win for Woodville.  They wont beat CH though. It will take their best game and CH worst.  Coach Bartlett does a good job with Huntington.  They play very hard.  I just can not stand all of their turnovers.  That may be their achilles heel.  I saw a game where they played a very average team and had 27 turnovers.  And I am a supporter of them. For Huntington to ever turn it around it will take beginning at the lowest level (foundation) and working up.  Having a finger in all of it.  They do that Huntington will be in the Playoffs year after year and will not jsut be talking about them playing hard.  I hope they can turn it around, they are working hard at it and have tradition, it is just so far back since they won big, few remember it.
Anyway, CH beat Huntignton 2wice, both at Huntington by 15 and it could have been much worse if they would have shot the ball like they are capable.  It looks like CH found its rythym in the Pleasant Grove Tourny. 

I say CH, Woodville for 1st and 2nd.  Woden, SA, Newton, Corrigan Camden for the last spot.  I would toss that spot up to Woden or SA who are in the front as of now. IMHO 

[quote name="stevenash" post="931952" timestamp="1292189819"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=77373.msg931461#msg931461 date=1292120241]
Woodville played good ball tonight. Outside game came to life in third quarter. They are well coached and will make a run in their district.
[/quote]

The results would have been reversed if game had been in H-town
[/quote]Almost like winning one in J-town..  ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="932034" timestamp="1292200905"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=77373.msg931952#msg931952 date=1292189819]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=77373.msg931461#msg931461 date=1292120241]
Woodville played good ball tonight. Outside game came to life in third quarter. They are well coached and will make a run in their district.
[/quote]

The results would have been reversed if game had been in H-town
[/quote]Almost like winning one in J-town..  ;D
[/quote]

Especially if accomplished via half court 3 pointers!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="932147" timestamp="1292208802"]
hahahaha no. Huntington couldnt keep up with them. Nor did they have the outside game that woodville did. It was on a neutral site. At woodville, woodville wins by 30 or 40. At huntington the score is +10 or 15, Woodville.
[/quote]Dont laugh eagles.....we will put another 5-3 whipping on you next time....

EaglesWoodville#1, you must be talkingto no look on the Ball deal.  But all kidding aside, was impressed with yalls team.  Big, athletic, had some shooter, Sells can do alot of good stuff with the ball, played pretty good together.  And yall play 9-10 deep when I watched yall.  Before I saw yall I didnt think yall had a shot at Woden or SA but when I saw yall play Newton I knew you would give them a good game and more than likely win. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed