Best Place to Eat After a Game!

BADSANTA

Before the game: El Jalapeño in Sour Lake has some good Tex-Mex.  Seriously.  I miss it.  Charra beans better than Pappasito's.  The pizza place a few blocks west on 105 was pretty good, too.  There was a new soul food place, Mother's, in downtown Sour Lake, near El Jalapeño-- they had good food, but I don't know if they're still in business.

After the game in Sour Lake: DQ.  There's been a Sonic rumored to be in the works for at least the last five years, but DQ's still got the monopoly on fast food in Sour Lake, far as I know.

Of course, Big Rich's gumbo, served every year at the HJ Tournament, is Sour Lake's culinary [i]ne plus ultra[/i].

[i]Bon appètit[/i], basketball peeps!

[quote name="setxslam" post="930189" timestamp="1292018044"]
Before the game: El Jalapeño in Sour Lake has some good Tex-Mex.  Seriously.  I miss it.  Charra beans better than Pappasito's.  The pizza place a few blocks west on 105 was pretty good, too.  There was a new soul food place, Mother's, in downtown Sour Lake, near El Jalapeño-- they had good food, but I don't know if they're still in business.

After the game in Sour Lake: DQ.  There's been a Sonic rumored to be in the works for at least the last five years, but DQ's still got the monopoly on fast food in Sour Lake, far as I know.

Of course, Big Rich's gumbo, served every year at the HJ Tournament, is Sour Lake's culinary [i]ne plus ultra[/i].

[/quote]I will second that about the EL Jalapeno....ate there last year during the tourney.....

[quote name="setxslam" post="930189" timestamp="1292018044"]

[/quote]I'm assuming downtown is where the one bank is located in Sour Lake, right?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="930205" timestamp="1292018883"]
[quote author=setxslam link=topic=77295.msg930189#msg930189 date=1292018044]

[/quote]I'm assuming downtown is where the one bank is located in Sour Lake, right?
[/quote] Now Blue :D :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="930225" timestamp="1292021304"]
I am with ya setxslam!!!!!  I ate two bowls of red beans and rice yesterday and today it has been three bowls of chicken and sausage gumbo!!!!!  I am hurting right now!!!!!  Gotta ease up for those two broadcast tonight!!!!
[/quote] I hope nobody get around u in a day or 2 :D :D :D :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="930205" timestamp="1292018883"]
[quote author=setxslam link=topic=77295.msg930189#msg930189 date=1292018044]

[/quote]  Yes, one bank - you know- the one that is solvent unlike many others

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476