Orangefield Tournament Update Thread/Vidor wins tournament!

WOSgrad

Congratulation to the HF Horns for winning 2nd place in this tournament.  

The Horns worked hard for redemption and despite doubters and unbelievers, yes, they did beat Orangefield to move into the championship game.  I did not attend the game where the HF lost to Vidor and only scored 15 points so I can not say what happened in that game but the score was unbelievable.  After this being the third time that HF and Vidor have been matched up I have had plenty of time to see that Vidor is not a team that HF could not beat or compete with.  Not to mention they will meet again on this coming Tuesday at HF.

Just to show how this game went:
15 18 - Vidor end of first
27 37 - Vidor at the half
46 49 - Vidor end of third
56 72 - Final Vidor wins - reason gap widened IMO - some players giving up and not playing defense, subs, Vidor's outside shooting, HF fouling to get the ball back but not capitalizing on that (missed easy shots - lay ups)

jacobmccandles - "Vidor is a powerhouse"...hopefully you were being sarcastic because I would not consider them a "powerhouse" if they are winning championships at 1a or 3a tournaments.  Why is Vidor not competing in 4a or 5a tournaments if you are considering them "powerhouse"?  

So, to all you doubters and unbelievers, as I've said before on this site regarding any sport when it comes to HF the talent is there and the talent can compete with and/or beat many teams out there if the talent is used to it's fullest potential.  It's not being done and that's the problem.  The blame is not to be laid on any one person, player, coach, parent, culture, etc...there are many issues that need to be addressed.

Glad to see HF supporters (other than parents) out to support the team.  Hopefully this means that there is some concern over what is going on with our program.  

Even a Vidor fan commented at the game that he notices every time HF makes a run subs are made and the gap widens.  Many people know of the issues that HF face but these are not the people who can make a change happen so hopefully one day HF will realize that at this level we are no longer playing little dribblers and having to qualify every player on the team.

Keep up the good work Horns...you have many supporters!

Very good review. I'm just happy to see some things are being said in public. I'm sure many will agree that the forum may not be the proper channels to discuss such issues. I disagree. I believe in the court of public opinion. Put it out there and you decide for yourself. HF has one of the biggest teams in 3-A for this area. Someone told me last night at the Silsbee game (whom I shall keep him nameless from Silsbee who is also  the ........ah sorry. Getting carried away) that we have to have patience. Five plus years is a long time to wait with no accountability.

T[quote name="hfmom08" post="931821" timestamp="1292172034"]
Congratulation to the HF Horns for winning 2nd place in this tournament.  

The Horns worked hard for redemption and despite doubters and unbelievers, yes, they did beat Orangefield to move into the championship game.  I did not attend the game where the HF lost to Vidor and only scored 15 points so I can not say what happened in that game but the score was unbelievable.  After this being the third time that HF and Vidor have been matched up I have had plenty of time to see that Vidor is not a team that HF could not beat or compete with.  Not to mention they will meet again on this coming Tuesday at HF.

Just to show how this game went:
15 18 - Vidor end of firstu
27 37 - Vidor at the half
46 49 - Vidor end of third
56 72 - Final Vidor wins - reason gap widened IMO - some players giving up and not playing defense, subs, Vidor's outside shooting, HF fouling to get the ball back but not capitalizing on that (missed easy shots - lay ups)

jacobmccandles - "Vidor is a powerhouse"...hopefully you were being sarcastic because I would not consider them a "powerhouse" if they are winning championships at 1a or 3a tournaments.  Why is Vidor not competing in 4a or 5a tournaments if you are considering them "powerhouse"?  

So, to all you doubters and unbelievers, as I've said before on this site regarding any sport when it comes to HF the talent is there and the talent can compete with and/or beat many teams out there if the talent is used to it's fullest potential.  It's not being done and that's the problem.  The blame is not to be laid on any one person, player, coach, parent, culture, etc...there are many issues that need to be addressed.

Glad to see HF supporters (other than parents) out to support the team.  Hopefully this means that there is some concern over what is going on with our program.  

Even a Vidor fan commented at the game that he notices every time HF makes a run subs are made and the gap widens.  Many people know of the issues that HF face but these are not the people who can make a change happen so hopefully one day HF will realize that at this level we are no longer playing little dribblers and having to qualify every player on the team.

Keep up the good work Horns...you have many supporters!
[/quote]Well....all I know is I saw competitive basketball last night at the Nederland Classic. That's what I want for HF! HF has a small window in my opinion....3-4 year window to really make its mark in basketball. The tools are in the shed....its up to the master carpenter. But I am off the soap box...it is what it is. And Dove the court of public opinion means nothing when the court is on vacation and they have no opinion! Congrats HF!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124