Houston Memorial's District standing.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="927765" timestamp="1291687611"]
Does anyone know Houston Memorial's district standing?  Noticed they have 5 losses so was wondering how they placed in their district. Going to the semi-finals with 5 losses is an impressive feat.  (also several 10-3 teams still playing).
[/quote]

4-3 according to Chron.com.  Loses to Katy, Cinco Ranch, and Katy Taylor

[quote name="SFA85" post="927797" timestamp="1291689307"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=77137.msg927765#msg927765 date=1291687611]
Does anyone know Houston Memorial's district standing?  Noticed they have 5 losses so was wondering how they placed in their district. Going to the semi-finals with 5 losses is an impressive feat.  (also several 10-3 teams still playing).
[/quote]

4-3 according to Chron.com.  Loses to Katy, Cinco Ranch, and Katy Taylor
[/quote]
Other two losses were to Pearland(49-42) and Westfield.

The loss to Katy Taylor was crazy...I think they had like 6 turnovers and lost by 3.

I know that I am like a lot of ya'll, played in late 70's or early 80's--but I disagree with most of you who think that the playoffs are too saturated--I have coached 28 years and Memorial is another example of WHY having 4 teams in your district go to your playoffs is a good thing. Easy to jump on the bandwagon of the "good old days", but I am old and crusty like a lot of ya'll, but the good old days are often seen through rose colored glasses. I also believe there needs to be a 16 team playoff in D-1 football like other divisions (not sure of the #  in D-2 etc..) Good luck to Memorial and all the other teams in Texas. If you love football, like me, life is good right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder