Friendswood vs. Lake Travis Semi Final Predictions?

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="928128" timestamp="1291750048"]
Friendswood looks like a team on a mission this year and Lake Travis has not been the juggernaut (undefeated) power this year but have had a few injuries slow them down. Going to be a good one- Friendswood-42 Lake Travis-35 Go win state Mustangs!!
[/quote]
This will be our toughest test to date. After laying eggs vs Santa Fe, Texas City, Foster and Wheatley - we have come alive the last 2 games. Hope we can keep it up. Much better team leadership than previous years!

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="928128" timestamp="1291750048"]
Friendswood looks like a team on a mission this year and Lake Travis has not been the juggernaut [b](undefeated)[/b] power this year but have had a few injuries slow them down. Going to be a good one- Friendswood-42 Lake Travis-35 Go win state Mustangs!!
[/quote]
Who did FWood lose to?
Who did LT lose to?

By the way not slamming FW. You asked for a prediction!
So how is picking the 3 time defending State Champion, whose only losses this year were to the other defending Champion and A now 13-1 Cedar Park team (vindicated), a slam to FW. Champion is still champion until prooven otherwise. Look folks, if you had your choice of opponent this week, Callalen or LT, with a tilte game appearance on the line, who are you picking. LM got a better draw.

Friendswood has beat some good teams to get to this point also-Montgomery-Humble-Manvel-La Marque-Pearland Dawson-Texas City which has prepared them for this game. One of the best Districts in the state, period. Friendswood will have to bring it to win no doubt, but LT is not going to scare them like years before, Friendswood has some senior leaders now.

[quote name="badndn" post="928139" timestamp="1291751035"]
[quote author=RCOLE68 link=topic=77055.msg928128#msg928128 date=1291750048]
Friendswood looks like a team on a mission this year and Lake Travis has not been the juggernaut [b](undefeated)[/b] power this year but have had a few injuries slow them down. Going to be a good one- Friendswood-42 Lake Travis-35 Go win state Mustangs!!
[/quote]
Who did FWood lose to?
Who did LT lose to?

By the way not slamming FW. You asked for a prediction!
So how is picking the 3 time defending State Champion, whose only losses this year were to the other defending Champion and A now 13-1 Cedar Park team (vindicated), a slam to FW. Champion is still champion until prooven otherwise. Look folks, if you had your choice of opponent this week, Callalen or LT, with a tilte game appearance on the line, who are you picking. LM got a better draw.
[/quote]

Did I say anything about you picking LT, in fact I missed that post! I was reacting to this cute post.

"LaMarque plays for a state title! That's all I have to say about the FW / LT game."

That does not look like a FW LT prediction now does it. Cute indirect slam, sorry I hurt your feelings when i called you on it. PS - LM did not get a better draw - they are in the small school division. Numbers dude numbers!

Do not blame folks at all for picking LT! Yep we lost a game to Santa Fe!! Bad game. LT lost to CP and Aledo - two good teams. They need to play tough pre district games, because that district aint much, LT and CP is all they got - two great teams but the rest.......

Best of luck next year PNG!

[quote name="bearfan14" post="928176" timestamp="1291754456"]
FW almost(and probably should have) lost to 3A West Orange Stark........................LT in this one boys :)
[/quote]

I'm not saying FW will win... but... Come on man!!!! judging them by a game played 3 months ago?!?!

[quote name="dayton" post="928189" timestamp="1291755996"]
[quote author=bearfan14 link=topic=77055.msg928176#msg928176 date=1291754456]
FW almost(and probably should have) lost to 3A West Orange Stark........................LT in this one boys :)
[/quote]

I'm not saying FW will win... but... Come on man!!!! judging them by a game played 3 months ago?!?!
[/quote]

Right - LT and FW are both different and better team than they were three months ago, we will see how much better each is.

Preview in my twitter link below.

This game will come down to which Friendswood team shows up. Although they've been able to get away with it except for one game (Santa Fe), Friendswood is kind of up and down. They nearly lost to Foster in the first round, blew a 17 point lead against a Texas City team that was in a tailspin to end the year before scoing late to hold on. Beating Wheatley 50-6 in round 2 didn't tell much because Wheatley and most of the rest of the HISD schools are the equivilent of small 3A schools as far as the amount of boys that can realistically go out for football (and Friendswood is a small 5A school in disguise in some ways).

Then they blew out Humble and Montgomery to head to state.

I think Johnathan Johnson is key. If Friendswood can establish the run to set up their passing attack they will at least be able to stand a better shot going toe to toe with Travis.

I think it'll be something like 38-35/35-31 depending on who has the ball last.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124