5A Division 2: Longview vs Horn

Guest Ranger83

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="AstrosDawg07" post="924308" timestamp="1291317533"]
That was Longview's preference. 
[/quote]

Did not know that playing a playoff game out of state was possible. Interesting.

[quote name="Who'sYourPatty?" post="924319" timestamp="1291318105"]
[quote author=AstrosDawg07 link=topic=76968.msg924308#msg924308 date=1291317533]
[/quote]

Did not know that playing a playoff game out of state was possible. Interesting.
[/quote]

I remember 8-10 yrs ago Maybe it was Jasper or LCM, I don't know, but they played a playoff game in Nachitoches La at Northwestern State.  I would say advantage Longview on this one.

Guest ECBucFan
I read some commentary on this decision. Longview chose this out-of-state site just to tick off Mesquite, by making them drive a really long way. I hope Mesquite beats Longview by 50! 

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="924402" timestamp="1291322518"]
[quote author=Who'sYourPatty? link=topic=76968.msg924319#msg924319 date=1291318105]
[quote author=AstrosDawg07 link=topic=76968.msg924308#msg924308 date=1291317533]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember 8-10 yrs ago Maybe it was Jasper or LCM, I don't know, but they played a playoff game in Nachitoches La at Northwestern State.  I would say advantage Longview on this one.
[/quote]Yeah it was LCM

Horn is very definitely legit, but Longview has history on its side, as well as "home field".

The coaches could not find an agreeable midway point, and decided to flip a coin.  Horn's choice was SMU.  Longview won.  The Horn kids are ecstatic about getting to make the trip out of state to Independence Stadium.  So far they have played at Tarleton, Baylor, Cowboys Stadium, and now Independence.  Great experience for a team that had never won a playoff game until now.

This will be a tremendous game with lots of storyline, and no shortage of incentive for either team.

If Horn plays a flawless game, Longview will be in big trouble, however, the Jaguars made many severe mistakes against both Rowlett and Leander.  Copperas Cove witnessed what happens when all cylinders are firing.

Real nice forum you all have here BTW!

[quote name="highcountry" post="925103" timestamp="1291410740"]
Horn is very definitely legit, but Longview has history on its side, as well as "home field".

The coaches could not find an agreeable midway point, and decided to flip a coin.  Horn's choice was SMU.  Longview won.  The Horn kids are ecstatic about getting to make the trip out of state to Independence Stadium.  So far they have played at Tarleton, Baylor, Cowboys Stadium, and now Independence.  Great experience for a team that had never won a playoff game until now.

This will be a tremendous game with lots of storyline, and no shortage of incentive for either team.

If Horn plays a flawless game, Longview will be in big trouble, however, the Jaguars made many severe mistakes against both Rowlett and Leander.  Copperas Cove witnessed what happens when all cylinders are firing.

[/quote]welcome to the board!  8)

[quote name="highcountry" post="925103" timestamp="1291410740"]

[/quote]

Good post...welcome to the board!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed