Jaspers QB Karrion Morrisey next year!!

Guest Jasper Bulldogs

this thread was started with qb karrion morrisey so I will get back on subject....I think after watching him for a season he is part of the problem not the answer...he is out of position period....put him at running back...develop a qb that can read a defence and can throw until that happens the football program will suck...

[quote name="bigdog90" post="923155" timestamp="1291173329"]
here goes some one else BIGWILDCAT11throwing numbers up again its not the schools thet say who we have in district to play.and numbers dont lie bigwidcat11 i have never heard newton fans complain about numbers when they where in 3a heck i think they did pretty dang good 2 state champions. enough said so stop saying ur a small 3a witch i agree but ur not the only school who gets the raw in of the deal just suit up and play football and be proud of the program u have cause a little bird told me there will be some changes at kirbyville and jasper just hope for the best and good luck next year until u play jasper lol
[/quote]

Well whatever Jasper or Kirbyville does is up to them...I'm just a fan I have no control and I don't get a vote..Let Kirbyville do what they think is best,Then they can live with the result... ;)

[quote name="bigdog90" post="923046" timestamp="1291165862"]
first off before everyone gets there pantys in and uproar there are gonna be some coaches going there  different ways on both programs.starting tonight for one team. and for u to say u playing in 3a with 2a numbers its not our fault thats uil im sure when uil realigns in 2012 we will be crying cause we are in 4a. but u didnt win in 2a eaither. so stop crying about ur numbers. and good luck to both teams next year.
[/quote]UUM ... how many titles have ya won in the last ten years ...NONE ... how many title games ... ONE ... How many title games for Kirbyville ... TWO ... we went three rounds in 3A ... where were you ... Oh, I know at home .. playing with your little round balls ... Game, set, match  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest dawg4life
[quote name="T-daddy" post="923159" timestamp="1291173654"]
this thread was started with qb karrion morrisey so I will get back on subject....I think after watching him for a season he is part of the problem not the answer...he is out of position period....put him at running back...develop a qb that can read a defence and can throw until that happens the football program will suck...
[/quote]
i 100% agree with you my friend!  i thought/said all year why wasnt middleton who is taller and was back up qb on varsity last season behind alvis but did a very good job when he came into the games!! their reasoning the current but thank GOD soon to be gone coaches used was that they wanted to utilize his speed to compliment armstrong being in the backfield but it pretty obvious as u know it would have complimented ben b etter with him as rb. dont get wrong karion brings talent and speed to the table he gave it hell with his effort this year.  yeah he played qb as freshman and it worked but totally different at the varsity level.  lmao one play this year the coaches used what i think should have been the backfield all year that being scott middleton at qb and karion and ben  in the backfield,  during the Center game the play gained 15 yds ! they changed it next play and never used it again.  WOW uh?

[quote name="dawg4life" post="924618" timestamp="1291340471"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=76792.msg923159#msg923159 date=1291173654]
[/quote]
i 100% agree with you my friend!  i thought/said all year why wasnt middleton who is taller and was back up qb on varsity last season behind alvis but did a very good job when he came into the games!! their reasoning the current but thank GOD soon to be gone coaches used was that they wanted to utilize his speed to compliment armstrong being in the backfield but it pretty obvious as u know it would have complimented ben b etter with him as rb. dont get wrong karion brings talent and speed to the table he gave it heck with his effort this year.  yeah he played qb as freshman and it worked but totally different at the varsity level.  lmao one play this year the coaches used what i think should have been the backfield all year that being scott middleton at qb and karion and ben  in the backfield,  during the Center game the play gained 15 yds ! they changed it next play and never used it again.  WOW uh?
[/quote]I would like to address this question ... If I may ... Morrisey .. from what I saw in our game would make a heck of a running back ... kind of like Irvine or Haywood in Kirbyville .. has that same build and running style ... The difference in coaching is what is going to be your downfall ... He is out of position ... The best example is what happened last year with Kirbyville and the quarterback position ...Cucancic had played the position (and had been the starter) since a small boy (peewee, junior high, freshman\JV). When you guys beat us last year he was the quarterback and it was obvious that his skills set was not matched to be the starting quarterback at the varsity level (he is a terrific runner and athlete, ok passer ... sound familiar) ... Jones was the starting WR ... The coaches made a switch ... Jones (while not the athlete Cucancic is, has a cannon for an arm) was moved to QB .... Cucancic is moved to receiver ... both blossomed into thier roles ... as you guys can attest ... sign of a good coach is when they are willing to change, adjust ... Morrisey could be one of the best ... needs to be a RB

[quote name="playdefense" post="925034" timestamp="1291403664"]
as for who anybody other then the coaches thinking who should be at QB is pointless - it is their decision and I would assume they are qualified to make it  What makes you think there will be a change in Jasper? 
[/quote]
2-8

I don't think he will be the QB next year but if he is they really need to work on that O-Line and he kind of remind's me of a [b]Jordan Patton Small Strong and Fast[/b]that year Patton was the QB Jasper ran the ball like carzy and if it was not for that last min. touchdown by Mr.Shiply when he was at Burnet Jasper was one more win from the state game so I just hope Jasper can get things together.

as for who anybody other then the coaches thinking who should be at QB is pointless - it is their decision and I would assume they are qualified to make it  What makes you think there will be a change in Jasper? 
[/quote]

there will be a change because the "coaches" are not smart enough to make a change another good example is the defensive scheme they stayed with it all the way to a 2 and 8 record...

[/quote]

Why, you thinking about moving playdefense? What was your final record?

[quote name="JPT" post="921793" timestamp="1291007642"]
Had a very good junior year at the new qb position, next year he is going to be a monster ;) jasper wins 18-3a next year
[/quote]

i would assume from reading all your previous post JPT your are either Karrion Morrisey or he is your son!  LOL

first off playdefense ive been to every jasper game since 1985 playing and in the stands.ive coached my sons in peewee football we won the super bowl 3 times at jasper.when i seen what i seen this year. the difference from high school to the freshmen team it was a big difference. ty coached the freshmen team and i wouldnt been suprised one bit if that freshmen team would have beat the varsity in a live game.morrisey should have been at running back not qb jmo but there is change in the air at jasper

winds of change huh.  so, chub - since you seem to be in the know - give us your opinion as to the changes.  probably be like the UT thing - get rid of the dc, and a couple of position coaches.  As for Ty Quick - he is a good man and a good coach.  I know him personally and have always thought he did a great job.

[quote name="playdefense" post="928004" timestamp="1291737764"]
winds of change huh.  so, chub - since you seem to be in the know - give us your opinion as to the changes.  probably be like the UT thing - get rid of the dc, and a couple of position coaches.  As for Ty Quick - he is a good man and a good coach.  I know him personally and have always thought he did a great job.

[/quote]
Yes chub is in the know, but my previous post never alluded to that... But I won't post what I know until it is official. I think that 2-8 is unacceptable for Jasper, and the fans and coaches know it.  I think 2-8 is unacceptable for a town that has such a great baseball team, and the athletes are there.  To have a state qualifying baseball team and a subpar football team doesn't seem to add up.

Like having a team win state baseball and the football team going 4-8. Doesn't make sense.  But until people start caring about football in towns like this (Jasper not included, because people do care)...then the football coach gets to keep his job even though he isn't creating a meaningful football program where kids want to participate.

I could give a crap about UT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn