Friendswood vs. Montgomery Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="923911" timestamp="1291258260"]
[quote author=SeanMitchellArticles link=topic=76729.msg923893#msg923893 date=1291256743]
Here's my preview.

Personally, I take Friendswood. One of the coahes mentioned to me the Montgomery's d-line was undersized and I think Friendswood will take advantage. Granted that line didnt make much of a difference against Dawson but F'Wood is even better than Dawson.
[/quote]

Everybody the Bears have faced in the playoffs, with the exception of Huntsville, were always "Bigger, Stronger, and faster" "Gonna send Montgomery home" "Same ole story every time........

Well here they go again, got to face "almighty" Friendswood........
[/quote]

I keep noticing you like to refer to us as almighty Mark Barnes. We do appreciate your comment, but we do not think about our selves in those terms. PS - How did you gain those 60 pounds after your playing career? Very swole dude!

Fox Sports Interview

This week, Friendswood’s defense faces a much more difficult challenge. It will have to devise a way to stop Montgomery running back Leroy Dobbins, who rushed for 216 yards and the game-winning touchdown against Dawson.

“He’s a combination of J.J., Joseph Walton (Santa Fe) and (Tim) Wright (La Marque),” Van Meter said. “He can take it the distance, and he’s got the power of Walton. He reminds me of another back that was too small, Emmit Smith, look how that turned out."

“He’ll touch it 35 times behind a good offensive line. Their quarterback throws the ball well, too.”

Maetzold will have to decipher Montgomery’s confusing looks in an effort to produce points.

“They present a unique challenge for us,” Van Meter said. “They’re not like anybody we’ve played.

“You look at them up front on defense, and they’re not intimidating, but they are always in the right place at the right time and they are fast and strong."

“They slant, they loop and they stunt every play. They’re a very well-coached team that knows their assignments. They will be our toughest challenge to date, we have to do our jobs or we're done. They force a lot of turnovers and errors. In 13 games they've only given up 179 points, Third in the state behind Cedar Park and Aledo. They are very underrated.” Van Meter concluded.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="924058" timestamp="1291296347"]
I have to pick the underdog this week, sorry fwstangs.  Montgomery by 7. 
[/quote]

It could go either way!! They are a good team!! Both teams will need to play well and shutdown the big weapons or at least keep them from having huge games!! No need to apologize to me for picking Montgomery - they are good. I just happen to be a Friendswood resident and think we will win - almighty as we are!! Oops - that just slipped out!! First time I have said we are almighty - Maybe Barnes is wearing on me!!

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="924169" timestamp="1291306805"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=76729.msg924166#msg924166 date=1291306453]
FW takes this game by 2 TD. they have been rolling and will find something special in their O to push through the MONT defense.
[/quote]
Seen your pick-ems last week ;D  :D
[/quote]
Spot on for 4a and 5a. everything else i dont really care about and or dont know them...

Going to be a game won by a defense stepping up to stop (or slow done) the others offensive weapon. Montgomery secondary will be tested and pass rush on the Friendswood QB will be important and not let him run under pressure. Dobbins is going to test the Friendwood run D and Bolfing needs to be accurate to keep Friendswood playing 8/9 in the box. Going to be a great game Friendswood has a very good team and well coached.  Montgomery-28  Friendswood-24 Go Bears!!!                 

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="926648" timestamp="1291535604"]
I know I was at the game.......

Appreciate you addressing me directly tho........

If you bothered to read the game thread I addressed the victory over there........
[/quote]

We know that, but this is the thread where the pregame talk is and folks like to remind folks what they said. Especially on this forum. But you must be careful how you do it. I will just remind Mr. Barnes of one word he liked to use a lot, Almighty and we sure appreciate you building us up!

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="924187" timestamp="1291308909"]
Hmmmmm! Wow![quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=76729.msg924166#msg924166 date=1291306453]
FW takes this game by 2 TD. they have been rolling and will find something special in their O to push through the MONT defense.
[/quote]

Hmmmmm! Wow!
[/quote]

Hmmmm - very accurate!!

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="925452" timestamp="1291431576"]
Going to be a game won by a defense stepping up to stop (or slow done) the others offensive weapon. Montgomery secondary will be tested and pass rush on the Friendswood QB will be important and not let him run under pressure. Dobbins is going to test the Friendwood run D and Bolfing needs to be accurate to keep Friendswood playing 8/9 in the box. Going to be a great game Friendswood has a very good team and well coached.   Montgomery-28  Friendswood-24 Go Bears!!!                 
[/quote]

You had the keys correct, but no way could that Dline put any pressure on Peter! I said that would be the key to the game and it was, he had all day. Our Dline also responded to the challenge and got tons of penetration. Montgomery had a good year, but they must feel like we did in 2008 when we ran into the LT machine! Just a notch better. Best wished to Montgomery next year, they keep getting better and better! I am confident that FW will give it a go Saturday and hope the results are better than 2008!!!

Great season Montgomery!  You lost to 2 very good teams this year, so there's nothing to be ashamed of.  i'm looking forward to next years game already...  Both teams are losing key parts, but as we do, i'm sure y'all will reload as we do.  Your program is headed in the right direction.  Again, hats off on an amazing season.

Thanks Brenhamfan/Fwstangs- the game was won in the trenches, and the second half ya'll dominated the Montgomery O-line/D-line. Dobbins was lucky to have the yards he did, most of his runs where all him and braking tackles. The second Half was our achiiles heel in both loses this year. No matter what, it was the best year in Montgomery Football ever and maybe can start a tradition of playoff runs each year. Great year Bears and Go win state Mustangs!!

[quote name="RCOLE68" post="928133" timestamp="1291750661"]
Thanks Brenhamfan/Fwstangs- the game was won in the trenches, and the second half ya'll dominate the Montgomery O-line/D-line. Dobbins was lucky to have the yards he did, most of his runs where all him and braking tackles. The second Half was our achiiles heel in both big games this year. No matter what, it was the best year in Montgomery Football ever and maybe can start a tradition of playoff runs each year. Great year Bears and Go win state Mustangs!!
[/quote]

Thanks and tell Dobbins to keep it up - he has some special skills. Great season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami