K-ville Next Year?

SFAJACK02

[quote name="Lefty99" post="920057" timestamp="1290879451"]
There is no doubt they will have to replace some great players but there are some good young kids coming up through the ranks.  This teams will still be very competative and will make the playoffs IMO.  Of the last 3-4 yrs it will be the true reloading yr for the Cats
[/quote] Lefty they will be fine.....trust me ;)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="920062" timestamp="1290879764"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76706.msg920057#msg920057 date=1290879451]
There is no doubt they will have to replace some great players but there are some good young kids coming up through the ranks.  This teams will still be very competative and will make the playoffs IMO.  Of the last 3-4 yrs it will be the true reloading yr for the Cats
[/quote]

I know they will, but this was the best group of seniors they've had during this run with Alvarez.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="920080" timestamp="1290881150"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=76706.msg920062#msg920062 date=1290879764]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76706.msg920057#msg920057 date=1290879451]
[/quote] True but the good thing is the talent is still there.

I know they will, but this was the best group of seniors they've had during this run with Alvarez.
[/quote]

Kville will be fine next year.  I think they will compete in the preseason schedule but not do as well as they did this year.  I think they will win district again next year and maybe survive the first round.  They are returning some good athletes.  Two of the three (1-2-3 punch) backs will be back next year in Haywood and Ervine.  I think the next Ford will be Brooks who will step up from JV next year.  Vanya #15 TE will be back along with his younger brother stepping up.  It will be interesting to see who the QB will be next year.  Defense will have several good players returning.  #5 Decorian Smith, #7 Jacko, #11 Goings, #33 The Big Will Tyler, #56 Kennebrew.  Also moving up should be a few good sophs  Jacob Keene (Justin younger brother), Thibodeaux, Kirbow, Pipes and yes another freshman Hughey!  Dont count these boys out yet!!

I am sure Kirbyville will be fine next year. (it also helps playing in a weak 5 team district that 3 teams qualify for the playoffs ;))

I will say that I was not too impressed with Kirbyville's JV and Freshmen teams. Each time I saw them this year, they got it handed to them fairly good.

I honestly think they'll be fine next year, but after that, they will be rebuilding.

A few of the good freshman and the majority of the good Soph were on varisty.  I didnt see any underclass games but I bet they werent very good.  Most of their talent gets moved up.  LOL 

I agree next year they will be fine and the next year you never know.  I bet they are back to 2A and should be in good shape as well. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="920112" timestamp="1290883945"]
Kville will be fine next year.  I think they will compete in the preseason schedule but not do as well as they did this year.  I think they will win district again next year and maybe survive the first round.  They are returning some good athletes.  Two of the three (1-2-3 punch) backs will be back next year in Haywood and Ervine.  I think the next Ford will be Brooks who will step up from JV next year.   Vanya #15 TE will be back along with his younger brother stepping up.  It will be interesting to see who the QB will be next year.  Defense will have several good players returning.  #5 Decorian Smith, #7 Jacko, #11 Goings, #33 The Big Will Tyler, #56 Kennebrew.  Also moving up should be a few good sophs  Jacob Keene (Justin younger brother), Thibodeaux, Kirbow, Pipes and yes another freshman Hughey!  Dont count these boys out yet!!
[/quote]

Ryker I just imagine Vanya will be considered for the QB spot... ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="920118" timestamp="1290884656"]
I am sure Kirbyville will be fine next year. (it also helps playing in a weak 5 team district that 3 teams qualify for the playoffs ;))

I will say that I was not too impressed with Kirbyville's JV and Freshmen teams. Each time I saw them this year, they got it handed to them fairly good.

I honestly think they'll be fine next year, but after that, they will be rebuilding.
[/quote] Kirbyville will be fine....i can promise you that. 7th and 8th grade have alot of talent as well. And for you saying weak district...cmon man. A weak district wasnt a big success to us getting to the playoffs this year and none of the of the previous playoffs berths.

I have to tell you guys that Southeast Texas WILL watch out for Woodville in the next 3-4 years!!! Our kids have been playing pee-wee league and giving Lufkin and Crockett for example nail bitters and some teams advancing to the super-bowl. Woodville will be the one to watch then even though may not be in your district. Mark my words!!!!

I'm just glad to see everyone still thinking we will be ok. I've been hearing by more than one person that this was Kirbyville's year and that next year is going to be horrible. I also heard that Jasper will be a team that is going to make a statement next year. I think Houston would make a fine qb and hope the Mighty Cats are ready to come back next year and show everyone not to count us out just yet.....

[quote name="wildcat_in_pink" post="920879" timestamp="1290915913"]
I'm just glad to see everyone still thinking we will be ok. I've been hearing by more than one person that this was Kirbyville's year and that next year is going to be horrible. I also heard that Jasper will be a team that is going to make a statement next year. I think Houston would make a fine qb and hope the Mighty Cats are ready to come back next year and show everyone not to count us out just yet.....
[/quote]

You heard this is the year because the talent that they had this year.  They will not have the talent they did this year but dont just write them off as horrible yet!!  Alvarez will have them ready!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="921189" timestamp="1290947360"]
[quote author=wildcat_in_pink link=topic=76706.msg920879#msg920879 date=1290915913]
[/quote]

You heard this is the year because the talent that they had this year.  They will not have the talent they did this year but dont just write them off as horrible yet!!  Alvarez will have them ready!
[/quote]

As it stands now all Kirbyville has to do to make the play-offs is win 2 district games..I think that can be done,But Alvarez is never satisified with just getting in...He has a long time to plan the course they will take...They will be in the running.... ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="920118" timestamp="1290884656"]

[/quote]

THe Freshman Class this year is strong, as are the 8th and 7th grade teams.  So Here is the 3 year forcast of the mighty hopefuls

2011   7-3  (3-1)  + 2 games deep in playoffs  8-4 overall
2012   8-2  (4-0)  + 2 games deep in playoffs  9-3 overall  (STAY IN CLASS 3A....I believe even if #'s are not there.
2013   9-1  (4-0)  + STATE FINALS  We'll see what happens  

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="920131" timestamp="1290885481"]
Houston I think will get a shot at it...
[/quote]
Young H Vanya is a great kid/student/player and is very coachable...Can he stay Healthy....I know he has a great head on his shoulders and could be that coach on the field player...but will he be able to stay on the field......If he does add a game or two to the projections.... (see previous input)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont