Thank you Silsbee Tiger Basketball Team!!!!

You guys do not know how much it meant to me and my family when we looked up and saw the entire Silsbee basketball team walk in the church today for my dad's funeral. We were so overwhelmed!! We were truly blessed!

I want to thank Coach Travis Williams, Coach James Collins, Coach Ira Brooks and the Silsbee basketball team for showing their respects for my father, who was one of their best fans and supporters.

Ira, I personally want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know that you had a special relationship with my dad and mom and this was tough on you as well. You spent many an afternoon sitting on the swing in my parents front yard talking with my dad. He thought a lot of you and was proud to be your friend.

Again, it was very special to have you guys there at the funeral, it really touched our hearts. My mom was really grateful. I had thought I had some control over my emotions until you guys walked in, and that did it for me and everyone else there. I am so proud to be a Silsbee Tiger. My dad is smiling down with joy in his heart.

I love you guys and I will never ever forget this.

Knowing that these coaches and players had a game today at 5:30 in Beaumont, yet still made time to come to a 2pm funeral in Silsbee to show their respects to my father, was extremely moving to me and my family. It's something that we will cherish forever.

I am still overwhelmed! I cannot get that scene out of my mind.

I am so looking forward to broadcasting next Tuesday's game!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="919772" timestamp="1290832993"]
Knowing that these coaches and players had a game today at 5:30 in Beaumont, yet still made time to come to a 2pm funeral in Silsbee to show their respects to my father, was extremely moving to me and my family. It's something that we will cherish forever.

I am still overwhelmed! I cannot get that scene out of my mind.

I am so looking forward to broadcasting next Tuesday's game!!
[/quote]

I can't imagine.  It gave me an emotional response hearing some of the displays during the football tragedies this year.  I can't imagine the feeling  when it is your own personal loss.  I hope you and your family are doing well.

Awesome gesture!  Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez have supported the Silsbee Tigers for years.  They have spent many hours sitting in the bleachers watching those boys.  It is nice to know the Silsbee Tigers came out to show this family their support.  Thanks Travis, Ira and James for making this possible.  Proud to be a Tiger everyday, but maybe just a little prouder today.

Guest bleed orange
Your message brought tears to my eyes. What those young men did was awesome. Sorry to hear about your dad Mike. That is a feel good story in a sad situation. Stories like this means people do and still care about others. Glad you shared this with us Mike.

Your message brought tears to my eyes. What those young men did was awesome. Sorry to hear about your dad Mike. That is a feel good story in a sad situation. Stories like this means people do and still care about others. Glad you shared this with us Mike.

Very well said bleed orange. My sentiments also

Pure Class. Thats what that is. Teaching young men to become men.  Thats what High School Coaches should be doing.  Teaching young men on the court and off the court.  I know coach Travis and Coach Ira and that gesture was phenominal.  They didnt do it to get noticed, they did it for respect for a man they both knew and to show their team that life is more than just basketball. 

[quote name="38 years" post="921248" timestamp="1290956902"]
Pure Class. Thats what that is. Teaching young men to become men.  Thats what High School Coaches should be doing.  Teaching young men on the court and off the court.  I know coach Travis and Coach Ira and that gesture was phenominal.  They didnt do it to get noticed, they did it for respect for a man they both knew and to show their team that life is more than just basketball. 
[/quote] I agree!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami