Youth Football Camps

Birddogtx

[quote name="Birddogtx" post="917410" timestamp="1290542713"]
Any ideas on resources for youth football camps in Texas?  I was thinking it might be fun to go to a few with my son this summer.

Birddog
[/quote]

Looked into that for this past summer. I wanted to put my son in a contact camp, not just a drill camp.....which is all that is offered in our area. If you do that, plan on droping $800.00 - $1200.00 for a week. Most of them practice full contact and have a game the last day. 

My 9 yo son went to a full-contact camp this past summer.  I saw a HUGE improvement in his footwork and knowledge of the game.  Definitely well-worth the $$ I spent.  He went as an overnight camper, 4 day camp if I remember correctly.  Overnighters stay in the dorms.  He went with a friend of mine's husband and son.  Dads can sign up to be "father counselors."  My son's already signed up to go next summer and is looking forward to it.  They have camps in Dallas, San Antonio, and "Houston", which is put on at SHSU in Huntsville, where my son went.

The only downsides were there was a lot of upfront hype about the pros they get in, autograph sessions, etc.  There weren't many pros who showed up for it.  Oh, and I heard the administrative side was unorganized, but I haven't run into any problems with it.  However, the coaching was phenomenal and that's what camp is about.  All of their staff has either played or coached at the college or pro level.

It's Offense-Defense http://www.o-d.com/

I forgot...if anyone decides to go, please use me as a reference.  My son will get $50 put into his camper account to spend at camp, lol.

[quote name="NewIndian" post="921824" timestamp="1291030539"]
Chris Gohlke runs one for 6 weeks, not sure how many days a week it is, but its definetly one of the tougher ones. Hes moving into powerhouse gym soon so this year itll be a t port neches, allready paying on it, think its $360
[/quote]

any place I can get more details?

[quote name="NewIndian" post="921824" timestamp="1291030539"]
Chris Gohlke runs one for 6 weeks, not sure how many days a week it is, but its definetly one of the tougher ones. Hes moving into powerhouse gym soon so this year itll be a t port neches, allready paying on it, think its $360
[/quote]
A contact camp???

im trying to get Chris to come on here and put up details about his camp, talked to him today about it while my son was training, he does it 2 times a week, i dont know about contact, but fundamentals, speed and agility, he said it was about muscle memory is why it is so long of a camp.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="921913" timestamp="1291044157"]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=76567.msg921824#msg921824 date=1291030539]
[/quote]

any place I can get more details?
[/quote]

i picked up a brochure in the PNG field house, all i got is the onr from last year, but you can go to GTS.com i think

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami