Soccer At BH

Ever since I entered high school I wished their was a soccer team for our school. Im currently a senior and we don't have one. Some of the students and I have tried..got ppl to sign their signature agreeing that soccer would be good at BH and they would consider playing. Still nothing. Had a cousin mention it to coach gage. Also nothing..with price also nothing. We tried and did not succeed. There is some talent on soccer at the hill played a few pickup games with some classmates every now and then for some fun.... That is one thing I wish BH had and one thing I would have loved to do. Just hopefully in the future they do get one because I know there are kids out there who love the game and want to be apart of it. Why not have a school who supports it?

[quote name="StarlessTexas" post="917104" timestamp="1290489283"]
Ever since I entered high school I wished their was a soccer team for our school. Im currently a senior and we don't have one. Some of the students and I have tried..got ppl to sign their signature agreeing that soccer would be good at BH and they would consider playing. Still nothing. Had a cousin mention it to coach gage. Also nothing..with price also nothing. We tried and did not succeed. There is some talent on soccer at the hill played a few pickup games with some classmates every now and then for some fun.... That is one thing I wish BH had and one thing I would have loved to do. Just hopefully in the future they do get one because I know there are kids out there who love the game and want to be apart of it. Why not have a school who supports it?

[/quote]
I dont understand it either. Gage has been spoken to it about it and i think might be coming in next year or the year after. Those pick up games sure on fun huh? ;)

Dayton and Barbers Hill are the ONLY Texas 4A schools without soccer that aren't in the panhandle.  Unbelieveable....... 

TRUE STORY Sidenote - When I was the head coach at the Univ of Houston, I had a player that had graduated from Dayton HS around' 87 or '88.  He moved there as a junior after growing up in Pennsylvania. Since they didn't have soccer, he tried out for football.  When he showed up, they asked him what position he played?  He told them kicker. They said NO, what position do you play? He said he just kicked and punted.  This baffled the hell out of them.  The head coach said they already had a kicker but an asst said let him try. Soooo, they bring out a pair of shoes and my player asks what the heck are these?  They are kicking shoes, say the coaches (you know what shoes I'm talking about).  So, my player says he'll just kick barefoot.  Of course, they look at him like he is an idiot. Anyway, someone holds a ball on the ground and he kicks a field goal.  The head coach says that not bad, I guess.  His asst quickly points out that his kick would have broken the school record by more than ten yards. So, Dayton had a new kicker and punter (Randy Pavlat).  BTW - he was a great outside back!

Unfortunately, I see that things haven't changed in Dayton, probably since reconstruction......  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124