Friendswood vs. Humble 3rd Round Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fwstangs" post="917153" timestamp="1290520015"]
[b]Nice try Bronx Rox frustrated yankees fan [/b] - oh I get it Broncos - well you act like a Yankees fan, but no one falls for your bait. Glad to see that people realize all fan bases have folks who get on other nerves because they are proud of their team, all!! Lots of good points and bad points in here. I have been to every FW game and watched 3 Humble games because I had a feeling!!! Some point counter points on what has been said.

1. FW has not played well the past 3 games
2. Maetzold can handle pressure
3. When ever you assume you are faster than another team and have no idea what the field speed is, folks will react. Speed has not been our issue this year. Walton from SF has very very average speed and he had a decent game, 100 yards. Bottom line - our defense is not very good against the run, any run.
4. Best DB is Kennemer, Wood has a lot to learn - good talent for a soph, plays safety.
5. Our best receiver is Kennemer - way above any of our others.
6. I am not related to Kennemer so dont try that Bronz stinks!
7. Humble D line is the real deal! We will have to block well and pass well!! Not sure our little running back can get any yards againts this D line.
8. Humble Dbacks are burnable - struggle reading routes.
9. Humble O is plain jane and effective - it will gain yards against us.
10. Turnovers will decide this game - some games you can lose the TO battle by two or three, and win the game, but not this one.

I am expecting a close game, but FW is my pick to win by 14. Imagine that , a FW fan picking his team to win! That makes me obnoxious and rude and spoiled and I think FW is the best team ever, - according to many of the SETX regulars that is!!

Hum398 - you have a right to be proud of this team - and looking forward to this game.
[/quote]
I see I made a new friend :D

[quote name="shabang" post="917314" timestamp="1290534721"]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

I think this is as good as it gets in the 3rd round, two teams that have strengths that play into the others.  Should make for a great day at Throne.  

Friendswood features a spread offense that is run probably better then anyone in the region, and Humble features a defense that is probably better then anyone in the region.

I am interested to see how the Humble coaching staff handles Friendswoods quick passing attack.  That is probably the most impressive thing to me, is that they can get rid of the ball so quickly and effectively.

Our guys will be ready though.  This coaching staff has done such a great job preparing these kids for success its unbelievable.  and the kids have done such a great job at responding to the adversities in front of them.   If you make it this far, you are a good football team.

Im proud of our coaches, players, and parent volunteers.  It's been a great year, and i say we still have a couple more weeks to go.

Good luck to both teams, and look forward to saturday.  ill be reading but not likely posting, i have a ton of work to do this week.  

[quote name="Wildcat05" post="917326" timestamp="1290535490"]
[quote author=shabang link=topic=76423.msg917314#msg917314 date=1290534721]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

I think this is as good as it gets in the 3rd round, two teams that have strengths that play into the others.  Should make for a great day at Throne.  

Friendswood features a spread offense that is run probably better then anyone in the region, and Humble features a defense that is probably better then anyone in the region.

I am interested to see how the Humble coaching staff handles Friendswoods quick passing attack.  That is probably the most impressive thing to me, is that they can get rid of the ball so quickly and effectively.

Our guys will be ready though.  This coaching staff has done such a great job preparing these kids for success its unbelievable.  and the kids have done such a great job at responding to the adversities in front of them.   If you make it this far, you are a good football team.

Im proud of our coaches, players, and parent volunteers.  It's been a great year, and i say we still have a couple more weeks to go.

Good luck to both teams, and look forward to saturday.  ill be reading but not likely posting, i have a ton of work to do this week.  

[/quote]

I just stole one of your clients...

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="917331" timestamp="1290535964"]
[quote author=Wildcat05 link=topic=76423.msg917326#msg917326 date=1290535490]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D :D :D

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="917331" timestamp="1290535964"]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

been a lot of that going on today.  My car is not currently operational, so i am not able to go on my calls.  Having to do everything via phone and email. 

Ill swoop them back up tomorrow with a dozen kolaches.

[quote name="Wildcat05" post="917373" timestamp="1290538006"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=76423.msg917331#msg917331 date=1290535964]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

been a lot of that going on today.  My car is not currently operational, so i am not able to go on my calls.  Having to do everything via phone and email.   

[/quote]

I'm in sales too...it always amazes me how excited people are to get the following:

food
tickets to events
their name mentioned on the radio

:D

[quote name="Wildcat05" post="917373" timestamp="1290538006"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=76423.msg917331#msg917331 date=1290535964]
BIGWOOD wins this by 14.
[/quote]

I hope not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
now thats a salesman :D NICE

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="biaplayer" post="917760" timestamp="1290567151"]
not impressed with humble overated if you ask me. In my OPINION Friendswood is the better team with the better coaching and will take humble to the woodshed!!!! It wont even be close, mustangs by 21 or better!!!!!!
[/quote]
"Woodshed"  ;D

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="917835" timestamp="1290570205"]
This game is a matchup nightmare for friendywoods Humble will be able to impose their will on the pony bunch.  look for a score in the range of 35 to 24. Best of luck to humble its time to hammer em
[/quote]

You are so predictable jackie hammer! Do you really think that is going to upset folks? And you are right - they have a good dline. But 35-24 does not look like an impose their will score, make up your mind.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="918239" timestamp="1290636421"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76423.msg917835#msg917835 date=1290570205]
This game is a matchup nightmare for friendywoods Humble will be able to impose their will on the pony bunch.  look for a score in the range of 35 to 24. Best of luck to humble its time to hammer em
[/quote]

You are so predictable jackie hammer! Do you really think that is going to upset folks? And you are right - they have a good dline. But 35-24 does not look like an impose their will score, make up your mind.
[/quote]
Impose your will for HUM is score every time they touch the ball and burn the clock with the run game. Limit the amount of time the FW O has the ball and keep their D on the field. So the score is right for what HUM wants to do ???

[quote name="fwstangs" post="918239" timestamp="1290636421"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76423.msg917835#msg917835 date=1290570205]
[/quote]

[b]You are so predictable jackie hammer[/b]! Do you really think that is going to upset folks? And you are right - they have a good dline. But 35-24 does not look like an impose their will score, make up your mind.
[/quote]
Remember FWstang (off the 17 18 19 & 20 Dont Let It Happen!!! thread) "Simply explain what your team will do to win and do not bash the other team or its fans" (in my best crybaby,double standard, been picked on all my life , high pitched sobbing voice) ;D Practice what you preach

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918574" timestamp="1290691583"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76423.msg918239#msg918239 date=1290636421]
[/quote]

[b]You are so predictable jackie hammer[/b]! Do you really think that is going to upset folks? And you are right - they have a good dline. But 35-24 does not look like an impose their will score, make up your mind.
[/quote]
Remember FWstang (off the 17 18 19 & 20 Dont Let It Happen!!! thread) "Simply explain what your team will do to win and do not bash the other team or its fans" (in my best crybaby,double standard, been picked on all my life , high pitched sobbing voice) ;D Practice what you preach
[/quote]

Here is the value added I speak of Broncs - sp??? Only respond to what the SETX regulars choose to dish out. Can not handle it get out of the kitchen. Nice try with the attack again - so predictable. To bad we will not play Dayton this year, would be fun and some winning streaks are more fun than others! Practicing what I preach!

Nice try Bronx Rox frustrated yankees fan - oh I get it Broncos - well you act like a Yankees fan, but no one falls for your bait. Glad to see that people realize all fan bases have folks who get on other nerves because they are proud of their team, all!! Lots of good points and bad points in here. I have been to every FW game and watched 3 Humble games because I had a feeling!!! Some point counter points on what has been said.

3. When ever you assume you are faster than another team and have no idea what the field speed is, folks will react. Speed has not been our issue this year. Walton from SF has very very average speed and he had a decent game, 100 yards. Bottom line - our defense is not very good against the run, any run.
4. Best DB is Kennemer, Wood has a lot to learn - good talent for a soph, plays safety.
7. Humble D line is the real deal! We will have to block well and pass well!! Not sure our little running back can get any yards againts this D line.
10. Turnovers will decide this game - some games you can lose the TO battle by two or three, and win the game, but not this one.

I am expecting a close game, but FW is my pick to win by 14. Imagine that , a FW fan picking his team to win! That makes me obnoxious and rude and spoiled and I think FW is the best team ever, - according to many of the SETX regulars that is!!

Hum398 - you have a right to be proud of this team - and looking forward to this game.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="919143" timestamp="1290786698"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76423.msg918574#msg918574 date=1290691583]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76423.msg918239#msg918239 date=1290636421]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Here is the value added I speak of Broncs - sp??? Only respond to what the SETX regulars choose to dish out. Can not handle it get out of the kitchen. Nice try with the attack again - so predictable. To bad we will not play Dayton this year, would be fun and some winning streaks are more fun than others! Practicing what I preach!

Nice try Bronx Rox frustrated yankees fan - oh I get it Broncos - well you act like a Yankees fan, but no one falls for your bait. Glad to see that people realize all fan bases have folks who get on other nerves because they are proud of their team, all!! Lots of good points and bad points in here. I have been to every FW game and watched 3 Humble games because I had a feeling!!! Some point counter points on what has been said.

[/quote]
Thankx for reposting and proving my point ;) But.......................you are right on point with the keys to the game and I think the weather tomorrow will favor the O with the best run game and the better D.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
  • Topics