**Hardin Jefferson Vs. Kountze....HJ wins 94-80

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="whsalum" post="915569" timestamp="1290361510"]
You could tell Bosha is gonna be something special by watching friday night.If the Hawks get Anderson back the district race is gonna be a dandy.Watching the HJ staff friday night looking down the bench for combinations,due to foul trouble, was like working a rubics cube.They desrve a lot of credit for that win.I was really surprised how good a game it was this early in the season.
[/quote]

District is going to be more competitive than many think.  Those who have already preordained Silsbee as District Champ have good reason to do so, but I think its going to be a little harder than they do.

Anyone who has been in the gym watching the last couple of years knows that s district title is nowhere close to being a lock for the Tigers. Seeing the talent and size HJ had coming up and returning guarantees that this years matchup will be like the last few years. Very tight.

I could see a split and a playoff for seeding easily here.The only good thing about injuries is they give a lot of kids experience early that would otherwise not get much until the tournament pool play format.The Hawks are gonna be fine as long as the PG stays healthy.As good as everyone else is in the lineup ,he would be hard to replace.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="914724" timestamp="1290294264"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=76374.msg914037#msg914037 date=1290230828]
Scorers for each team.......

HJ---94

Prudhomme  32
Bosha  20
Persohn  12
Villasin  10
Gustafson  8
Colbert  6
Vallery  6
Harmon  0 (Injured in 1st quarter)
Lewis  0
Sutherland  DNP
Anderson  DNP

KOUNTZE---80

Linn  33
Haynes  12
D'Armond  12
McDaniel, Zay  7
Williams  5
Powell  3
McDaniel, Zeannie  3
#5  3
Warren  2
[/quote]             Who is the Haynes kid.
[/quote]Congrats Bosha on putting up the points. Way to kick off your high school basketball career!

[quote name="bullets13" post="914814" timestamp="1290299471"]
32 for prudhomme?  HJ might have their superstar for the next two years... wait, 20 for the freshman bosha?  HJ might have their superstar for the next 4 :)
[/quote]As long as those two guys keep looking for the pass from Gus as he cuts through the lane, they'll keep up these numbers.

I bet he had 15 assists tonight and most of them were easy layups!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="916254" timestamp="1290400552"]
Congrats Bosha on putting up the points. Way to kick off your high school basketball career!
[/quote]My only fear with Bosha is that he made his first two three points - one from left field and the other from behind the right field bleachers (a bank shot, if I recall correctly).

He ended up missing his next 3 or 4 three points attempts.  I hope he doesn't intend to continue raining 26 and 27 foot 3 point shots and tries to drive and shoot for the two.  He pulled up and made a couple of real pretty 15-foot jump shots.  I think this will fit better into the HJ game plan.

Overall I was very impressed with HJ's half-court game, even without Grayson and Anderson and with Gus running on low-fuel from the 2nd quarter on.  Of course, that may have been due to Kountze's lack of size, but it was still very impressive for a team that relies so heavily on intensive pressure on defense to keep the game at a fast pace.

Teams that want to slow down the game on the Hawks may be due for a rude awakening!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed