Nederland Tournament

Bobkat

[quote name="HillGuy" post="912344" timestamp="1290110846"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=76321.msg912312#msg912312 date=1290108502]
Dayton 65
PAM.    56

FINAL
[/quote]

Didn't think it would be that close...thanks for the updates!
[/quote]

I didn't either.  Maybe Dayton had a bad game, but they are an average 4A team.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="912480" timestamp="1290123758"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=76321.msg912472#msg912472 date=1290123221]
Watched the OF game and was really impressed with the play of Marissa Wyatt from Orangefield.
[/quote]

She had 20pts!
[/quote]

She looked liked the player I had hoped she could be. She is finally playing with a lot of confidence. I am really proud of her. I did not recognize her at first. I was sitting next to Marty and I said where is Marissa? Marty pointed her out to me and I said WOW, does not look like the shy freshman I remember. Good for Marissa. I like sitting by her parents at games because they say nothing. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="912510" timestamp="1290125945"]
Proud of you Bobcat05, you was quiet today. ;D ;D
[/quote]

I wasn't yelling everything I thought this time it was only under my breath...Trying not to get the coach or any parents pissy with me this year.  :D Believe that? 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="912601" timestamp="1290132345"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=76321.msg912510#msg912510 date=1290125945]
Proud of you Bobcat05, you was quiet today. ;D ;D
[/quote]

I wasn't yelling everything I thought this time it was only under my breath...Trying not to get the coach or any parents pissy with me this year.   :D Believe that? 
[/quote]

No, Of course. ;D ;D

Day 1 scores....

Lady Bulldog Classic

Thursday's scores

Lumberton 54, East Chambers 51, 2 OT

Hamshire-Fannett 55, Little Cypress-Mauriceville 38

Dayton 65, Port Arthur Memorial 56

Orangefield 55, Goose Creek Memorial 41

Vidor 60, Kirbyville 58

Liberty 56, Nederland 51

Jasper 45, West Orange-Stark 43

Liberty-Eylou 89, Kelly 44

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics