BH vs 5A #14 Atascocita Saturday - 3 PM at BH

HillGuy

Odd time for game, and change from original Friday night slot.  A lot of folks think Atascocita is a top 5 team, and they are loaded with D-1 talent.  There is no Fresh or JV game, so we may be playing to set of parents and few fans.  Spread the word, BH fans...I'm sure the girls would love a crowd for this one.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="911947" timestamp="1290054437"]
[quote author=whattheheck link=topic=76284.msg911897#msg911897 date=1290051146]
Shaw takes over late BH wins by 2 at the buzzer
[/quote]

May be!  But she is going to have to do it against a 6' 7" A&M commit.  I'm just hoping we keep it a competitive game.
[/quote]

had a chance to ref both teams this year. Atascocita has the better guard play which will be the difference. Atascocita pulls away late.

[quote name="beechnut" post="914577" timestamp="1290287790"]
Hillguy glad your kiddo is back.
[/quote]

Thanks...me too  ;)

Well...both teams thought they had the game at their home  ???  So......now we are headed to Atascocita.  Updates later.  Appreciate the fans that showed at the Field House.

Story of this game was a tale of two halves.  In the first, Cita guards dominated with 3 pt shots and everything they put up fell.  In the second half Atascocita never let up, pressing almost to the last 3 min, but BH really started playing well and traded bucket for bucket with one of top teams in Texas.  Shaw played very well against their big, scoring about 16 to her 12.  This was a really good experience for BH and made them a better team.  Like to have had them at home and the disruption of warming up in our gym then a frantic 45 min bus ride to their place with an 8 min warm up did not help the Lady Eagles start off.

I'm a not joking when I say Atascocita would be competitive as a Div II college team right now.  Wow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124