HF 20 OF 7 Final/Comments

lonestar

yes i must say that if hf played in every game like they did in the second half of the game tonight, i dare say that they would be in the hunt for playoffs. the offense FINALLY began clicking. hey you know, throwing wright in there to throw off the defense might be key. but they will have to let him do something besides the draw. his role tonight reminds me of tim tebows at florida. i cant say enough how impressed i was by hfs offense in the second half tonight. good job horns.

i would also like to add that my prediction was only 7 points off of the correct score, i predicted 20-14 hf on top. that was a little icing on my cake

HFs #11 played his best game of the year. I guess #2 pushed him to get it done?! Coach surprised everyone including OF with our two headed QB system. Good job by whole team. The D is real stout! We got 20 this week can we score more? We will probably need 30 or so the next two weeks to win. Lets be a spoiler and knock someone out of the playoffs :twisted:

Hopefully the helmet to helmet play after the whistle that knocked #2 out off the game on that one drive was inadvertant? He was hit in the face by an OF player as he got up off the ground. He thought his two front teeth were knocked out! That injury was why he didn't take any more snaps at QB the rest of the night. He was finally getting a feel for the position when that happened. Hopefully the coaches will continue to give him snaps. He seems to be able to make some plays with his feet. Can he make them with his arm?

EDBLU i disagree with you on the fact that we will need at least 30 the next two weeks. So long as we can keep scoring 20 we will be ok cuz our D is BAD. They havent allowed more than 13 points in a district game other than WOS but the D wasnt focused that night. I think if we played west orange again then we would do a lot better than 50 something to 0.

I'll give on the scoring part 30 or less if the D plays the same but the WOS part :shock: You are going a little too far my friend! They would still put 50 in us :!:

He sure is. Wos will double the last score. They might beat BC but, Kirbyville has too much speed and will be too much period. You will find out in a couple of weeks. Kirbyville meet solid defenses in the playoffs every year but manage to take it to them.

edblu, how could you think that jordan wouldnt be alternating at qb anymore? the horns won their first district game using this 2 qb system for cryin out loud. doing this is adding new dimensions to the offense, which will give the defense even more to prepare for. what i didnt realize is how quick jordan is. like i said in earlier posts, this the urban meyer approach and it seems to be working, he has them at #9 in the nation. so i believe it would be smart to stick with this offense.

when did he get hit in the face? hopefully it wasnt intentional.

He sure is. Wos will double the last score. They might beat BC but' date=' Kirbyville has too much speed and will be too much period. You will find out in a couple of weeks. Kirbyville meet solid defenses in the playoffs every year but manage to take it to them.[/quote']

No matter what, you always seem to find a way to talk about Kirbyville in every single one of your posts. Anyways, H-F surprised me a lot. They played like they usually did during the first 3 quarters, but got it going in the 4th. And I have to say #75, who is a sophomore, got moved up from jv this week and did an awesome job on the line.

edblu' date=' how could you think that jordan wouldnt be alternating at qb anymore?

when did he get hit in the face? hopefully it wasnt intentional.[/quote']

You never know with our coaches what they will do with this alternating deal! They surprised us once they may surprise us again by stopping it. Hopefully they will continue the experiment.

The first scoring drive to about the 20 was #2s. When he ran off the field spitting blood was when he got hit in the mouth and then #11 drove the team in the rest of the way. I don't think it was intentional I was just trying to see if we had any OF fans on here. The coach didn't use him anymore at QB because of the injury around his teeth. Nothing serious a little soreness around the inside lip. #11 did a great job the rest of the game! We've got to get more passes completed. BC and Kirbyville will be hard wins. We will need all weapons.

#2 has always been quick. I think he might be able to beat #84 this year in the 40! Thats why he was a starter at Z through the first few games. I was happy to see us finally use slants this game. The slant was open almost every play. The coaches either need to allow the QB to change the play or call from the sidelines with a change. We never run hitches. The QBs would have more completions and less ints with shorter pass routes. When we started the season the two fastest players (arguably) were on the outsides at X and Z. But #84 is the only one they throw to. Sometimes the RB or TE.

#75 did play great along with the rest of the Oline.

i dont understand why people think it is embarrassing to lose to hf. they really arent that bad of a team. they just finally put it all together this past friday. if they wouldve played like that all season, people would be saying, "man i hope we can beat hf, if we win, playoffs, if not, then they go".

so dont be embarrassed, because there really are no slouches in 24-3a.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124