UFC 123 Rampage v. Machida

Astros7

I think this is going to be an action packed card, or atleast three of the fights will be.
Machida v. Rampage
Both guys have great striking. Rampage has that ability to just clip you and your asleep.
Machida is one of the hardest guys to hit in the ufc. But if rampage can get inside i pick rampage with a knock out.
Penn v. Hughes 3
The first 2 fights were great and i dont see the third being any different. Penn has some of the best boxing in mma. Im not going to pick the winner but if either fighter wins its penn by tko or hughes rear naked choke.
Lauzon v. Stirlopous.
This is the fight im really looking forward to. Two great guys in the division looking to move up in the rankings for a title shot.
Ive seen a lot of fights from Lauzon and he is one of my favorite fighters to watch. Always getting better with each fight.
I dont know a lot about Stirlopous so i cant say much about him other than he has heavy hands.
Lauzon wins via submission.

Guest baseball25
Ok, I am going to stop picking the fighter I want to win and make legit picks, machida vs rampage, rampage said he's going to fight like he did in the pride days for this fight, uh oh machida better get ready to get knocked out if that happens, so I'm picking rampage, Penn fight is a tough one for me, Hughes has 3 fight in streak and it's been against descent competition, Penn 2 straight losses to a guy that has his number, I say split decison win for Hughes with Penn saying after the fight that he thought he won and might retire!!!!then we will will get Hughes vs fitch for number 1 contender

I have to go with Machida. He fought Shogun pretty tough twice.

Because of the recent records for each fighter I have to go with Hughes. He's one of my favorites anyway. Penn has to step up to keep himself a credible competitor but he wasn't able to do with a second shot at Edgar so I don't see it happening this time. I really don't see this being an action packed fight because their both smart fighters.

I also like Lauzon.

Should be some good fights.

I'm going to go with Machida, Rampage just hasn't impressed me lately although his knockout power is undeniable so if he catches Machida..... The dragon is going to sleep. I think Penn will go the distance and beat Hughes. I like Sotiropoulos he fought well in his last fight so I am going to take him vs. Lauzon.

Guest baseball25
Nah,  I had rampage winning rounds 1 and 2, he was the aggressor in both rounds, only lopsided round was 3rd round, the first 2 rounds were close but rampage won because he was the aggressor in the fight just plain and simple, I thought it was a very close fight but the decison wasn't a bad decison like some of these fights, UTGUY you act like Machida won the fight handily, what did machida do in the 1st and 2nd round to make you think he won that fight? Please don't say those 4 rinky dink leg kicks, Rampage was by far the aggressor,Rampage won based on the fact that he came to fight and was engaging the whole time where as Machida just waited to counter and was only successful in the third round when he finally threw an offensive attack.  Fights are scored per round and when you do nothing for the first two rounds and win the third, you lose the fight.  Enough with the Machida shoulda won bs, I say we will see Rampage fight Machida for a rematch or the winner out of Griffin vs Franklin or Bader vs Jones..

[quote name="mat" post="912033" timestamp="1290088179"]
I have to go with Machida. He fought Shogun pretty tough twice.

Because of the recent records for each fighter I have to go with Hughes. He's one of my favorites anyway. Penn has to step up to keep himself a credible competitor but he wasn't able to do with a second shot at Edgar so I don't see it happening this time. I really don't see this being an action packed fight because their both smart fighters.

I also like Lauzon.

Should be some good fights.
[/quote]
Well I made three picks in this fight and all three were wrong; shows how much I know.

Man was I disappointed in how quick Hughes went down. He may decide to retire.

[quote name="basketball25" post="915349" timestamp="1290321080"]
Nah,  I had rampage winning rounds 1 and 2, he was the aggressor in both rounds, only lopsided round was 3rd round, the first 2 rounds were close but rampage won because he was the aggressor in the fight just plain and simple, I thought it was a very close fight but the decison wasn't a bad decison like some of these fights, UTGUY you act like Machida won the fight handily, what did machida do in the 1st and 2nd round to make you think he won that fight? Please don't say those 4 rinky dink leg kicks, Rampage was by far the aggressor,Rampage won based on the fact that he came to fight and was engaging the whole time where as Machida just waited to counter and was only successful in the third round when he finally threw an offensive attack.  Fights are scored per round and when you do nothing for the first two rounds and win the third, you lose the fight.  Enough with the Machida shoulda won bs, I say we will see Rampage fight Machida for a rematch or the winner out of Griffin vs Franklin or Bader vs Jones..
[/quote]
Sorry didnt watch the fight that was my brother posting.
From what he told me the main even was pretty lousy. But i wouldnt know cause i didnt see it

Guest baseball25
Main Event was, but Rampage was trying to engage and make it a fight but Machida used his awkarde elusive style to stay away and tried to counter so thats why Rampage won the fight..

[font=Courier]I am a Rampage guy and he lost the fight...he even thought so:

“Machida whipped (me) tonight,” Jackson said. “I’m so ashamed of myself tonight. He did a great job. I didn’t get to do what I wanted. I say the fight was so close, even though I don’t want to, I have to give him a rematch.”

Tired of UFC shenanigans.[/font]

Guest baseball25
That's just rampage personality, he acts goofy like that have u read there comments by Dana white? He said he's mad by rampage comments and that it was a no brainer  he won the first two rounds of the fight so there won't be a rematch!!!

According to the scoring rules Rampage won two out of three rounds and that would make him the winner.

I've seen fights where a fighter takes a beating and comes back the third round and turns the fight around and I really felt they deserve the win but it doesn't work that way

Rampage definitely won the first 2 rounds so that would make him the winner. I would like to see a rematch but I don't see it happening.

I was happy with all the fights before the Main Event. The Phil Davis submission was AWESOME and BJ got an easy knockout vs. Hughes. Do you think Matt Hughes will retire?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124