PN-G 14 Vidor 7 FINAL/COMMENTS

Man yall sure turn on your coach in a minute, and hes done great things in Vidor[/quote

First off no one is turning on anyone..just a few dads in the stands last night.

Is a Indian talking about turning ona coach..Yall have a whole thread about Matt Burnett on yalls website.."concerned fans"

so dont even start that .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is MB has been at the REZ for 13 years now' date='Mathews is just starting. MB is being very predictable and just about everyone knows what we are gonna do, Im not one calling for his head as a few fans are i just want a new OC whos not afraid of MB.[/quote']Jeff has been there 8 years...

i have to hand it to png yall played a good game take away the kickoff return and big pass play and we win but we made mistakes on those and yall explioted us for them. also there were some questionable calls made like the intentional grounding, but in all are offense couldnt capitilize, are defense played a great game png only had 5-6 first downs the entire game. and for all the fans that dog coach matthews, he is a good coach and im with the guy that said give him the talent and he would take a team far, we dont have much talent and look what he has done with us

Mathews has been there long enough and it's time that he says his good-bye. Even though Mathews has always been a great motivator and always has his team believing that they can win. He hasn't been the coach the team needed. He sparked the whole city of Vidor when he became the head coach. This was all due to the support from his players because the school board didn't even want to give him the job. The players he once had do not feel the same about the coach any longer. Many still respect him as a man but not as a coach. I have thought of several reasons for the downfall.

1. Discipline-Where has it gone? I saw a kid throw some equipment on the sideline this past friday night. 8 years ago that would have never happened. Oh but the kid just ran back on to the field when it happened. Maines gets much respect because he has that fire and jumped all over that kid when he returned. Mathews needs to quit being the players buddy and start being a coach.

2. Coaches-Now not all of the assistant coaches have been horrible. Many were great but they are all gone. Though it's great to hire your friends but when the ship is going in the wrong direction you need to let go of wheel and jump overboard. Mathews stuck with his coaches/friends too long. In the end they all left and took other positions at other schools leaving him steering the burning vessel.

3. Motivator-Mathews are you still passionate about your job just like the day you were hired? I think everyone can see the evolution of his career. From the top to the bottom. All I see is smoke and no flame. Get back that desire and fire to be the best and maybe your players will follow like they once did. Vidor was close but now it's fading away.

"Pirate Pride"?

Where are you???

I did not mean to disrespect the team' date=' but you need to get out of the district and watch real quality 4A football.

Vidor has talent but they do not have enough 4A playoff level talent for Coach Matthews to work with, at least not yet... I am telling you if Vidor ever gets REALLY serious about preseason condtioning and gets a batch of well rounded athletes on both sides of the ball Coach Matthews can get into the playoffs and make a serious run. Vidor defintely has the will to win and a lot of heart and pride.. But they are not even CLOSE to a serious contender.. Just go to Houston this year and watch all of the playoff games you can. Watch the size and speed of their big guys, they are BIG and they are FAST and they are STRONG. Sure Vidor has some speedy players but great teams have lineman that are as fast as your wide receivers man. Im telling you.. Theres a much bigger picture than you are seeing in district play,,, I know because I have seen it.. Try me and I GUARANTEE you you will come back agreeing with me.[/quote']

Well you can't coach speed or size that is a fact, ask any coach. And you are not able to recruit in high school so I'm not sure where you are going with this. Vidor has just as much talent as every other 4A team in this district. A guy who is 6'5 220lbs. and runs a 4.4 40yrd is natural talent, you cannot coach that so your have no point to your statement. Sure other teams have these type of players in Houston but there is nothing you can do about that. And conditioning has nothing to do with it. Our kids play the best in the 4th quarter so you make no sense at all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476