Todd Dodge to Abilene High??

Would do a good job, no doubt.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="910651" timestamp="1289929124"]
as of last night HC Steve Warren is the leading candidate for the Angelo State coaching job. Dodge name and Randy Mayes name has been on fire since this news broke. more to come....
[/quote]

It's just a matter of time before Dodge is at a high profile job SOMEWHERE.... I'd be surprised if he jumped in somewhere this early before hearing all of the other options that might be available.....  There aren't many schools in the state that wouldn't get rid of their current man if they had a shot at Dodge....

Guest Ranger83
Schools can't just "get rid of" their current coach. Some school districts do have contracts and they do abide by them.

Dodge will no doubt have the pick of the litter.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="910879" timestamp="1289945090"]
I think Scooter was day dreaming out loud!   :D
[/quote]Nah, it's all over the news out here. And with the Sims cousins graduating it would make sense for Warren to move up to the small college ranks.  8)

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="910872" timestamp="1289944374"]
Schools can't just "get rid of" their current coach. Some school districts do have contracts and they do abide by them.

[/quote]

I agree Patty, there are schools who abide by their contracts, but don't think for a second that a lot of schools would find their way out of a contract to hire Dodge...

[quote name="HubTx" post="910972" timestamp="1289956679"]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=76204.msg910872#msg910872 date=1289944374]

[/quote]

I agree Patty, there are schools who abide by their contracts, but don't think for a second that a lot of schools would find their way out of a contract to hire Dodge...
[/quote]there's always that hidden clause  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="910980" timestamp="1289956894"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=76204.msg910972#msg910972 date=1289956679]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=76204.msg910872#msg910872 date=1289944374]

[/quote]

[/quote]there's always that hidden clause  :D
[/quote]

Yep, it's called "we owe you how much?  OK, here it is, hit the road"  BH used that one recently.  ;)

Doubt Dodge would go HS at this point. Pretty sure that Todd will continue to be paid well by UNT until he gets another position since he was in a contract. Usually thats how it works, the contract is void when he becomes employed again. This is one reason a lot of coaches sit out a few years after loosing a job.

Best Abilene could do is $100K - $110K per and that would mean a significant pay cut. If he takes any job over the next few years it will be at a major college program that can pay him enough to subsidize the UNT contract.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83