you ask why dan hooks stays around

skipper

Just out of curiousity ???..... after reading this post from sportsfreak2008.....

"Let's be sensible here.  The only reason the 9th grade team lost was most of the team played up on JV.  Next year add in the incoming Freshman, who are undefeated as 8th graders and Silsbee doesn't stand a chance.  Nice try though."

I was left wondering who exactly or how many exactly from the freshman group were moved up??? I know a bunch of those guys in that class as well as their parents and that was never a topic of discussion. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just curious as to who these freshmen are that were allegedly moved up. I'd like to keep an eye on them in the future.  ;) ;)

[quote name="badndn" post="901647" timestamp="1289234179"]
Dan will retire after this 8th grade group graduates!

Not many 8th grade teams out there running a true spread offense and the no huddle to boot! :o
[/quote]

There is a group of 6th graders running the spread and no huddle. Coach might want to hang on a couple more years. Not only that they are kicking extra points. Not making all of them of course but the boys are on the right Mustang track.

[quote name="td" post="902759" timestamp="1289342834"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=75655.msg901647#msg901647 date=1289234179]

Not many 8th grade teams out there running a true spread offense and the no huddle to boot! :o
[/quote]

There is a group of 6th graders running the spread and no huddle. Coach might want to hang on a couple more years. Not only that they are kicking extra points. Not making all of them of course but the boys are on the right Mustang track.
[/quote]

Can't wait until those kids get to the Middle School!!!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="902343" timestamp="1289309112"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=75655.msg899302#msg899302 date=1289065056]
Had a REF tell me WOS 8th grade looks like a 2A Varsity!
[/quote]

Well it's "official", a ref said it was so......... ;D ;D  Those clowns cant even call a decent game anymore. They are to worried about paying the UIL.... ;)

I'll give WOS one thing for sure, they always "beleive"....just never do anything with it.  ;) 

Guess they can always go clean their 1980's State sign near the stadium.   ;D ;D
[/quote]
Looks like you misspelled "believe", Jody.  Are you a [i]little[/i] "short"-sighted? 

[quote name="td" post="902759" timestamp="1289342834"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
TD, I was gonna mention the same thing, lol. And the group under them is not that bad either. (WO-S junior team in the stjfl).

[quote name="jr1979" post="903095" timestamp="1289375524"]
[quote author=td link=topic=75655.msg902759#msg902759 date=1289342834]

[/quote]

[/quote]
TD, I was gonna mention the same thing, lol. And the group under them is not that bad either. (WO-S junior team in the stjfl).
[/quote]

Not bad is an understatement. Hopefully those guys will go get them a Championship Saturday. They looked good at practice yesterday.

TD, we both know that is an understatement, but there are people on here that think they may have a chance of beating this junior squad in the STJFL Championship. These kids are talented, well coached, have great chemistry, and make very few mistakes. The team as a whole has a very high football IQ for 8-10 year olds. Also the #4 kid that everyone is "talking about" actually played up with you guys in the elite tourney in Houston and played very wellll imo. Thanks for the reply and good luck this weekend in Austin. I'll be there rooting for yall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami