Kirbyville vs Brownsboro

kville

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WildcatGRAD81" post="900467" timestamp="1289148815"]
What do you guys think about rally towels? That would be really cool to see all the fans spinning rally towels
[/quote]

I like the signs that say DEFENCE, with the crowd stompin' the stands in rythem .....DEFENCE!!!! BOOM BOOM DEFENCE!!!!!
Maybe its the fans that needs to get the blood pumpin'....kinda like when you hear "eye of the tiger" while watching rocky. ;) :D ;D

[quote name="wildcatfan2000" post="899966" timestamp="1289095345"]
Wildcats ROLL ON! Stay focused on the game at hand, never ahead! Kcat-fan, it was truely nice to meet you this Friday night. It's nice to finally put a face to some of the names on here. Be safe on all of your travels! Hope to see you in Lufkin! Wildcat_in_pink, I have to agree with you girl. It was a VERY quiet night Friday, but then again, its kinda hard to cheer when your teeth are chattering!  :D Kville68, I'll buy the shoulder pads if you buy the cleats!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
ahhhh i know your not a sissy lala!!!! its never stoped us from cheering before!! :D :D :D

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="900479" timestamp="1289149343"]
[quote author=WildcatGRAD81 link=topic=75635.msg900467#msg900467 date=1289148815]
What do you guys think about rally towels? That would be really cool to see all the fans spinning rally towels
[/quote]

I like the signs that say DEFENCE, with the crowd stompin' the stands in rythem .....DEFENCE!!!! BOOM BOOM DEFENCE!!!!!
Maybe its the fans that needs to get the blood pumpin'....kinda like when you hear "eye of the tiger" while watching rocky. ;) :D ;D
[/quote]I've got one of those signs pinned up in my office ;D. If anyone knows who to send the suggestion to let me know. I seen it on one of the college games yesterday and i thought that would really be cool if we did that.

[quote name="kville68" post="900367" timestamp="1289142306"]
I am glad that I am not the only one! We all love to brag on the Cats and nobody else better talk about them but the truth is they lack any killer instinct. They have been coached to play great football and at the same time coached to be soft. Hooks and Barbay would never take it easy on us or anyone else. Week after week we treat our opponants like we dont want to hurt their little feelings and then when we get into a real fight we expect the same. Well nobody else is worried about Kirbyville's self esteem so we get whipped. They have all the tools but IMO the modern everybody is a winner, everybody gets a trophy, lets swap spit after the game mentality is never going to win a championship. Pull the starters when you have a big lead. Ford should have never played a down after he got what he needed Friday. But when Center came out after halftime they were fired up like they were up by 21. The Cats half troted out and their play after that looked horrible. Yes the play makers did what they always do but as a whole they did not look good and they did not play with heart. Do they even know that they don't get in trouble for shutting someone out? Alverez should be blowing a gasket when they have them on 4th and 15 and let them get the first down.  If he does not get fired up then why would the boys? If thats not his style he better delegate it to someone because you are not going all the way without heart. Sorry I have to vent here but you can bet all of the teams from here out fought for a spot and if the wildcats don't learn to play all four quarters its gonna be a short run in the playoffs. I believe this team has what it takes and they can do it but the fans have to show fire, expect the boys to play with fire and the coaches have to demand some fire or we just need to step aside and let a team that really wants it take our spot.
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel. 

It's easy for us in the stands to see the team lay down so to speak but come on.  It sounds like you are calling Alvarez out and if you are I am sure you know where his office is.  Pay him a visit and tell him what he is doing wrong.  The man has and continues to do more for this program than anyone ever has.  This team has the killer instinct and you are right they haven't shown it too much but come on...look at the district.  It is hard to maintain focus as a 17-18 yr old kid when you are whipping up on someone.  They showed the instinct when the played WOS and BC when in a fight and I feel that they are very capable of doing so when the need arises.  The team is by all means fine and I can guarantee you they are going to continue to take care of nusiness.  Not to mention that just about every good team always has a time during a game when they are off of their "A" game.

I hope your right. And in this case I would love more than anything to be wrong. Bad habits die hard and if they step up as the compitition increases I will be the first to admit I was wrong. Not calling anyone out and not saying anything a couple hundred others in the stands are not saying.  You perform like you practice and that is a fact. Good luck to the Cats but as much talent as they have they should n't need it.

Kirbyville more than 50
BB  less than 20

[quote name="kville68" post="900701" timestamp="1289160289"]
I hope your right. And in this case I would love more than anything to be wrong. Bad habits die hard and if they step up as the compitition increases I will be the first to admit I was wrong. Not calling anyone out and not saying anything a couple hundred others in the stands are not saying.  You perform like you practice and that is a fact. Good luck to the Cats but as much talent as they have they should n't need it.

Kirbyville more than 50
BB  less than 20
[/quote]

sounds about right to me ;)

[quote name="kville68" post="900701" timestamp="1289160289"]

Kirbyville more than 50
BB  less than 20
[/quote]

As I stated Kirbyville has always did this...But as far as Alvarez and his coaching in my opinion it's his job to motivate...And it's hard to find real fault in a man who has took them to two State games and a good possibility to go to another one...Yeah they could use a little more Fire,And I'm sure or at least hoping it gets there.. So I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and back the Kat's and let capable people do the winning... Go KAT'S !!!!!!

A team should ALWAYS want to win, but should NEVER humiliate an opponent. Alverez has brought the cats to the forefront as a program and a team. Quit whining about "killer instinct" and enjoy the ride. Kirbyville is 10-0. You don't get any better. The playoffs are always a new season. Go support the team any way you can. It's always a tremendous experience for the team, band, school, fans, and community. Wildcats by 21. Eagles are behind you!

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="900883" timestamp="1289170482"]
A team should ALWAYS want to win, but should NEVER humiliate an opponent. Alverez has brought the cats to the forefront as a program and a team. Quit whining about "killer instinct" and enjoy the ride. Kirbyville is 10-0. You don't get any better. The playoffs are always a new season. Go support the team any way you can. It's always a tremendous experience for the team, band, school, fans, and community. Wildcats by 21. Eagles are behind you!
[/quote]
i have to agree with you hear.... I also agree that when the fans get pumped so do our boys!! i think that if Kirbyville's going to roll up the sidewalks then we should make it sound like it!!!!! i think the towels is a cool idea!!! and dont forget the cow bells and butaine tanks!!!!! PUMP IT UP CATS!!!! oh what ever happened to the cheer WE WE ARE WE ARE THE WILDCATS!

wow kirbyville is laying 60 plus points on folks and you say they dont have any fire and are soft. What kind of hay are you smoking , been to the state finals twice  back to back years and have a good oppurtunity to do it again , what the hell do you want lol. good luck to the cats . keep on trucken, represent southeast texas well.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="900883" timestamp="1289170482"]
[/quote]

;) Likewise Champ...We are backing the Eagles..

My opinon may be unpopular to some but its the way I see it. Kirbyville's game drastically changes once they are ahead. They make mental mistakes that they should not make because they are taking it easy or not concentrating or whatever reason you care to hang it on. Mistakes make for bad habits and those same habits against a good team will cost you a game. Stupid mistakes, arm tackling, flat play should never be ok weather your up by 1 or 5o points. The idea that it is ok to ride out the game because you are winning means dogging it is acceptable. You have key players giving it their all every down..... some on both sides of the ball. That should be the rule not the exception. I will put my soapbox away now.

Breed and Tyler really laid some hits on those boys from Center. Nothing like watching a QB dig the grass out of his facemask! Cucancic had a great night on D. All of the backs looked great. The threads from north of here said Center was planing on shutting Ford down and we all got to see how well that worked out for them. I don't see Brownsboro doing any better.

[quote name="kville68" post="900948" timestamp="1289174437"]
My opinon may be unpopular to some but its the way I see it. Kirbyville's game drastically changes once they are ahead. They make mental mistakes that they should not make because they are taking it easy or not concentrating or whatever reason you care to hang it on. Mistakes make for bad habits and those same habits against a good team will cost you a game. Stupid mistakes, arm tackling, flat play should never be ok weather your up by 1 or 5o points. The idea that it is ok to ride out the game because you are winning means dogging it is acceptable. You have key players giving it their all every down..... some on both sides of the ball. That should be the rule not the exception. I will put my soapbox away now.

Breed and Tyler really laid some hits on those boys from Center. Nothing like watching a QB dig the grass out of his facemask! Cucancic had a great night on D. All of the backs looked great. The threads from north of here said Center was planing on shutting Ford down and we all got to see how well that worked out for them. I don't see Brownsboro doing any better.
[/quote]

Yeah Give it a rest..lol  Coach Alvarez and his staff has done an outstanding job...So I reckon he can make it just fine without my help..... GO KAT'S !!!!!!! :o ;)

[quote name="kville68" post="900978" timestamp="1289175319"]
What does anyone really know about Brownsboro any way. Kats your ussually up on the compitition what do they look like?
[/quote]

Brownsboro :  6-4 Overall.......2-2 Dist

Points For : 355........Points Against : 298...Give up 30 points per game..>>> Power Rating  21.6

Kirbyville : 10-0 (dist champ)

Points For :487 .......Points against 106.....Give up 10 points per game.. Power Rating 44.1

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="901030" timestamp="1289176997"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=75635.msg901013#msg901013 date=1289176612]
I can't find any stats on them. Do you know what their O look like? Key players?
[/quote]

Nope..This is all I could find....I think this is enough..lol ;)
[/quote]

I'll do some digging and find some stats for daaaa Bears.

according to smoaky.com they run the spread offense and they supposedly have a pretty accurate QB and a couple of good receivers.  Chapel Hill beat them 35-14 and athens beat them 63-21.  Athens lost to Chapel Hill 38-35.  So its hard to tell what we are up against really.  From the stats I have saw from their opponents on maxpreps it looks like the ones that passed the ball well had the most success against them.  Dont know how good the runningbacks were that they faced though.  Taking they were decent we might need to open it up by passing and then hit them with the run.  But then again I am not the coach and I cant say for sure as I have not seen any eveidence with my own eyes. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami