*20 4A Playoff Teams!!!!!*

[quote name="shovelhead" post="898989" timestamp="1289047397"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=75633.msg898980#msg898980 date=1289046699]
How does Coach Nuemann do this every year? Maybe the guys are coachable, come on, who gave Nederland a shot after 1-4?

[/quote]
I'll be honest and say that I didn't. I saw their first game against WOS and wondered if they could win a game. They got their starting QB and running back in time for MCM and beat a struggling PNG team. They have rolled ever since. Here is my thoughts on the rest of 20-4A (through purple-colored glasses!):   ;D

First of all, I want to congratulate the PNG Indians and coaches for taking the 20-4a district champs to the woodshed last night! What a game. The Indians were firing on all cylinders and couldn't be stopped. We did not see Central's best game last night, but it really didn't matter. The boys were hungry for a win and wouldn't be denied. What a way to enter the post-season play. Way to go guys! Continue to get better each week and lets see how far we can go.
I know that Central had nothing but pride riding on the last game of the season, but I really expected better of them last night. A crushing defeat is not the way that I would want to enter the playoffs.
Livingston has a very one-dimensional offense, but they run it very well. After giving us all we could handle, I am glad to see them make the playoffs.
I am dissapointed that LCM missed the post-season this year. They started the year with a bang, winning their first 5 games. They won 7 of 10, but lost to Central, PNG and Nederland, barely missing the playoffs.
I am really baffled by Ozen. They have got to be the best 2-8 team in the State!
This really was a fun and exciting season. We had excellent weather every Friday night this year and every week, we got our moneys worth. Looking forward to some good things in the playoffs.[b] Good luck to our Indians and our 20-4A brothers each week in the post-season.[/b]
[/quote]Right back at ya!  8) 8)

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="898995" timestamp="1289047753"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=75633.msg898989#msg898989 date=1289047397]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=75633.msg898980#msg898980 date=1289046699]
How does Coach Nuemann do this every year? Maybe the guys are coachable, come on, who gave Nederland a shot after 1-4?

[/quote]
I'll be honest and say that I didn't. I saw their first game against WOS and wondered if they could win a game. They got their starting QB and running back in time for MCM and beat a struggling PNG team. They have rolled ever since. Here is my thoughts on the rest of 20-4A (through purple-colored glasses!):   ;D

First of all, I want to congratulate the PNG Indians and coaches for taking the 20-4a district champs to the woodshed last night! What a game. The Indians were firing on all cylinders and couldn't be stopped. We did not see Central's best game last night, but it really didn't matter. The boys were hungry for a win and wouldn't be denied. What a way to enter the post-season play. Way to go guys! Continue to get better each week and lets see how far we can go.
I know that Central had nothing but pride riding on the last game of the season, but I really expected better of them last night. A crushing defeat is not the way that I would want to enter the playoffs.
Livingston has a very one-dimensional offense, but they run it very well. After giving us all we could handle, I am glad to see them make the playoffs.
I am dissapointed that LCM missed the post-season this year. They started the year with a bang, winning their first 5 games. They won 7 of 10, but lost to Central, PNG and Nederland, barely missing the playoffs.
I am really baffled by Ozen. They have got to be the best 2-8 team in the State!
This really was a fun and exciting season. We had excellent weather every Friday night this year and every week, we got our moneys worth. Looking forward to some good things in the playoffs.[b] Good luck to our Indians and our 20-4A brothers each week in the post-season.[/b]
[/quote]Right back at ya!   8) 8)
[/quote]

[quote name="LCM76" post="899309" timestamp="1289065477"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=75633.msg898665#msg898665 date=1289017084]
cant believe LCM didnt make it  :o
[/quote]

What were the tie-breaker rules?  How did Livingston get in ahead of LCM since LCM beat Livingston head-to-head?
[/quote]
Because it was a 3way tie between lcm nederland and livingston.

[quote name="utguy09" post="899315" timestamp="1289065724"]
[quote author=LCM76 link=topic=75633.msg899309#msg899309 date=1289065477]
cant believe LCM didnt make it  :o
[/quote]

What were the tie-breaker rules?  How did Livingston get in ahead of LCM since LCM beat Livingston head-to-head?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, I know it was a 3-way tie.  What were the tie-breaker rules to decide which of the two schools made the playoffs.  Normally I would think the first tie-breaker would have been the head-to-head result however, since LCM beat Livingston, Livingston beat Nederland and Nederland beat LCM it would need to fall to the next tie-breaker(s).

Any of you football gurus out there know the answer?

[quote name="The GOAT" post="898987" timestamp="1289047141"]
[quote author=jekamomom link=topic=75633.msg898708#msg898708 date=1289017844]
Anybody know where or when?
[/quote]I know hill called PA about the availability of our stadium.
[/quote]too close to PN or what?

[quote name="LCM76" post="900223" timestamp="1289106357"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=75633.msg899315#msg899315 date=1289065724]
[quote author=LCM76 link=topic=75633.msg899309#msg899309 date=1289065477]
cant believe LCM didnt make it  :o
[/quote]

What were the tie-breaker rules?  How did Livingston get in ahead of LCM since LCM beat Livingston head-to-head?
[/quote]
[/quote]

not certain about this, but I believe the next tiebreaker is point differential between the three teams if the records are the same (as they were in this case with all three being 1-1)
Yes, I know it was a 3-way tie.  What were the tie-breaker rules to decide which of the two schools made the playoffs.  Normally I would think the first tie-breaker would have been the head-to-head result however, since LCM beat Livingston, Livingston beat Nederland and Nederland beat LCM it would need to fall to the next tie-breaker(s).

Any of you football gurus out there know the answer?
[/quote]

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="898690" timestamp="1289017540"]
PNG is set...

Round 1, a banged up Barbers Hill team.
Round 2, shouldn't be too hard. (Magnolia West or Willis)
Round 3, not sure, but probably Manvel. (This will be tough one)
Round 4, would be Brenham, Dayton or El Campo.

*Best scenario PNG could have gotten.
[/quote]

well hell that Cambells magazine may have gotten it right thaey predicted us to meet up in round 4

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics