which setx team is going the deepest in the playoffs

If i had the #2 team in the state and just about rolled over everybody this season to a 10-0 record I would be pretty confident about my team also. And bye the way, I don't think I have heard any trash talking out of Brenhamfan. He just try's to be realistic!
[quote name="fwstangs" post="899063" timestamp="1289052079"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=75591.msg899015#msg899015 date=1289049234]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=75591.msg898818#msg898818 date=1289019466]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=75591.msg898189#msg898189 date=1289010148]
Dayton won't be beat again this year.
[/quote]

Long way to go before we crown anybody.  If they get by Brenham, and that's a big if, they will prolly get El Campo.  No doubt, that our side of the bracket is loaded.  Way too early for that comment.
[/quote]

Kind of the whole point of this thread is it not?
It's too early for anyone to comment on how deep anyone is going to go then, so let's just delete the thread....
[/quote]

Great  comeback panama, Brenhamfan has increased his attitude a bit more as this season has progressed. He can call a state title, but no one else can, he can question a team but no one can question Brenham, but he is so polite is he not? How about that great game against Stratford, wonder what would happen if your whole district was that good and you had to play one every week? Oh I know your top 3 are really good!!
[/quote]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fwstangs" post="899063" timestamp="1289052079"]
[/quote]

Long way to go before we crown anybody.  If they get by Brenham, and that's a big if, they will prolly get El Campo.  No doubt, that our side of the bracket is loaded.  Way too early for that comment.
[/quote]

It's too early for anyone to comment on how deep anyone is going to go then, so let's just delete the thread....
[/quote]

Great  comeback panama, Brenhamfan has increased his attitude a bit more as this season has progressed. He can call a state title, but no one else can, he can question a team but no one can question Brenham, but he is so polite is he not? How about that great game against Stratford, wonder what would happen if your whole district was that good and you had to play one every week? Oh I know your top 3 are really good!!
[/quote]

I'm not sure were thinking of the same game, cuz Brenham won the game I saw against Stratford.  Last time I checked, it wasn't how you started a game, but rather how you finished.  It's about 4 quarters, not 2.  As far as polite goes, your opinion doesn't really matter to me.  Yes, 24-4A is strong from top to bottom, but how strong?  Guess we'll find out soon...

Someone mentioned the winner of a possible WOS / Kirbyville match-up. They definitely would be strong, but if they are small school they would probably end up playing Brownwood, and they are loaded. I have had the oppurtunity to see them play this year and they are a fine tuned machine.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="899087" timestamp="1289052983"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=75591.msg899063#msg899063 date=1289052079]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not sure were thinking of the same game, cuz Brenham won the game I saw against Stratford.  Last time I checked, it wasn't how you started a game, but rather how you finished.  It's about 4 quarters, not 2.  As far as polite goes, your opinion doesn't really matter to me.  Yes, 24-4A is strong from top to bottom, but how strong?  Guess we'll find out soon...

Yes we will, and if you have noticed, I clearly said Brenham is good and will go far, but you always have to bring down other posters when they say , yeah but who have they played, will that hurt them. Valid questions, like Boise State!! Just think about how defensive your replies are. Sure hope yall do well and your fans leave all the parking lots clean behind them. I can tell you a story about Sam Houston Athletic officials!
[/quote]

[quote name="the-riot07" post="900151" timestamp="1289100047"]
i say WOS and Kville! Both very good teams and are clicking at the right time, going into the play-offs! Both have relatively easy first round games...with WOS getting the winner of brookshire royal vs. giddings in round 2. I expect these two teams to meet in round 4!
[/quote]

If they do it will be a battle for sure ;D
go Wildcats!!

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="901823" timestamp="1289247069"]
The Kirbyville Wildcats will be tough to beat until they reach the Semi-Finals !

I don't see anyone else from this region, going past the 3rd round of the playoffs !
[/quote]

WO-S has a favorable bracket and the talent to make it to the 4th round or more

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="901867" timestamp="1289250674"]
[quote author=SASQUASH22 link=topic=75591.msg901823#msg901823 date=1289247069]
The Kirbyville Wildcats will be tough to beat until they reach the Semi-Finals !

I don't see anyone else from this region, going past the 3rd round of the playoffs !
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree........... ;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

WO-S has a favorable first round...
but the winner of Giddings/Royal game will be tougher than any of Kvilles games until the
Regional Finals...

[quote name="Backflipper" post="901364" timestamp="1289188928"]
Who ever wins out of Dayton and Brenham should be in the state game. That is assuming that they both get to the second round. El Campo will be a tester but I think they can both take El Campo.
[/quote]

IF DAY/ BREN can win this weekend and see eachother in the second round the winner of that game has to be the favorite but DAY losing JD will hurt them later in the playoffs. I love "my little pony" but to have a 1 / 2 punch always helps. El Campo will see the winner out of BREN / DAY and Manval is my pick to make it to the QRT finals to see BREN / DAY / EL CAMPO

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed

[quote name="texaggies07" post="902545" timestamp="1289325759"]
Everyone is talking Kirbyville/WOS,  Kirbyville will have to play Coldspring again in order to get their.  Coldspring ain't no pushover.  They had a very tough game the first go around. 
[/quote]

People are PREDICTING. That's what you do. Kirbyville is better than coldspring. Yet they could lose. Nobody denies that. Kville has better players/coaches if u ask me tho so I would say they SHOULD beat them. Again. Prolly worse than week one. WO-S is going to have Giddings come round two. That is prolly a better team than coldspring.

[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="902549" timestamp="1289326047"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=75591.msg902545#msg902545 date=1289325759]
Everyone is talking Kirbyville/WOS,  Kirbyville will have to play Coldspring again in order to get their.  Coldspring ain't no pushover.  They had a very tough game the first go around. 
[/quote]

People are PREDICTING. That's what you do. Kirbyville is better than coldspring. Yet they could lose. Nobody denies that. Kville has better players/coaches if u ask me tho so I would say they SHOULD beat them. Again. Prolly worse than week one. WO-S is going to have Giddings come round two. That is prolly a better team than coldspring.
[/quote]

I disagree...  I think Brandon Williams and Brookshire Royal will end Giddings' season here in Brenham on Friday.  If that happens, WOS will play the best athlete they've seen all year.  I can't wait wait to check him out Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83