Dayton Bronco Defense

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="896164" timestamp="1288850576"]
These guys have impressed me all year long.  I think that they have gotten better every game.  I like what I"m seeing.  Keep up the good work guys.  You guys are turning into one of the best defensive teams that has come through Dayton in a long time.
[/quote]TB I agree. These guys are coached real well and will knock the snot out of you. I think it all starts with #65 in the middle. He demands a double and tripple team every play which allows everyone else to make plays. #34 is the best LB in the district and know body evens mentions his name. It's not only him the whole defense is bunch hard nose physical guys that will punish anybody they play. Broncos shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep flying under the radar and before you know it we will be back in the championship again!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my problem with Dayton's defense. And before I get jumped on, let me say, I love Dayton. I actually love all of Liberty County, it is such a homey and peaceful place. If I was able I'd move back there in a heartbeat, I have many friends and family there.  But as far as Dayton this season, I just don't think they are as good as last year.  I know that they have made strides since the first three games, but I think that's mainly due to a lack of competition.  I mean, there are only two other teams in the whole district that even have a winning record.  The combined record of all the teams in your district other than Dayton is 25-38.  And I can understand early season issues, but when the big games came, Elkins, Ike and Angleton, Dayton didn't win any of them.  Maybe the team has come together and can be a beast.  But my fear is that they are going to get another soft touch in round 1 with someone like Livingston and then run into a buzzsaw when they play Brenham.  Lucky for me, I live in Brenham, so no matter who wins the Brenham v. Dayton game I'll have someone to root for!

[quote name="ricko" post="896170" timestamp="1288852258"]
Here is my problem with Dayton's defense. And before I get jumped on, let me say, I love Dayton. I actually love all of Liberty County, it is such a homey and peaceful place. If I was able I'd move back there in a heartbeat, I have many friends and family there.  But as far as Dayton this season, I just don't think they are as good as last year.  I know that they have made strides since the first three games, but I think that's mainly due to a lack of competition.  I mean, there are only two other teams in the whole district that even have a winning record.  The combined record of all the teams in your district other than Dayton is 25-38.  And I can understand early season issues, but when the big games came, Elkins, Ike and Angleton, Dayton didn't win any of them.  Maybe the team has come together and can be a beast.  But my fear is that they are going to get another soft touch in round 1 with someone like Livingston and then run into a buzzsaw when they play Brenham.  Lucky for me, I live in Brenham, so no matter who wins the Brenham v. Dayton game I'll have someone to root for!
[/quote]So I take it that you have not made it to none of Dayton's games because if you have you would not make a silly statement like that. Ask anyone of those teams we lost to if the defense was the problem. Besides out of those 3 games I think the defense was on the field 11 of the 12 qtrs. I know if if was a fifth we would all be drunk be it had nothing to do with the D those first three games. we dominated all 3 teams and just turned the ball over to much. If we didn't turn the ball over the JV would have been playing in the 2nd half against these teams to.

Well ricko - you live in Brenham and would love to move back to Liberty County in a heartbeat ? I find that a little suspect in its self . :D  For the sake of argument I'll take you at face value and assume  you are who you say you are. Why don't you think we are as good as last year ? We played the same  weak 19-4a teams last year and made it to the Reg. final where we out played Brenham most of the game. We returned a critical core of starters from 2009 that are bigger.stronger,faster and better than last years great team if Coach Stewart didn't think so he never would of scheduled 5a playoff teams for the first time in school history. We more than held our own in all of the pre-district games and more than likely if we played them today we would win all of them. Our Defense can match up to most any 4a team in the state and is something special. The Elkins coach said it was hard to believe that the Dayton team held their offense down like they did when they were use to running on 5a teams at will . Don't let our win/lose record fool you this team is very confident and has all the right tools to match up with anybody even Brenham !

[quote name="ricko" post="896170" timestamp="1288852258"]
[/quote]rickedra i am sorry ricko. after the brenham game we will not have room on our wagon for you. sorry. we definately want allow a D rider back in liberty county. SORRY

[quote name="jayhawk" post="896174" timestamp="1288855310"]
Well ricko - you live in Brenham and would love to move back to Liberty County in a heartbeat ? I find that a little suspect in its self . :D  For the sake of argument I'll take you at face value and assume  you are who you say you are. Why don't you think we are as good as last year ? We played the same  weak 19-4a teams last year and made it to the Reg. final where we out played Brenham most of the game. We returned a critical core of starters from 2009 that are bigger.stronger,faster and better than last years great team if Coach Stewart didn't think so he never would of scheduled 5a playoff teams for the first time in school history. We more than held our own in all of the pre-district games and more than likely if we played them today we would win all of them. Our Defense can match up to most any 4a team in the state and is something special. The Elkins coach said it was hard to believe that the Dayton team held their offense down like they did when they were use to running on 5a teams at will . Don't let our win/lose record fool you this team is very confident and has all the right tools to match up with anybody even Brenham !
[/quote]

LOL It is really nice down that way. I really enjoy that area.  As far as this year compared to last year, I think, and again it's just my opinion, which is worth jack squat lol, that last year had a better composed offense.  In the game against Brenham last year, I thought Dayton dominated.  I really did.  Payton Ploch was an amazing player who really seemed to have control of the field.  I was told that he was injured in the game, which explained why Herrera saw so much action.  That confused me during the game because Ploch was killing the Brenham D.  The defense of Dayton is always pretty strong.  There just hasn't been anything stand out to me to make me think that this years defense is head and shoulders above last years (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, last years defense was pretty good).  But I just don't feel confident about Dayton's offense against a stronger team.  But certainly no one is thinking that Dayton can't compete.  Jerry Stewart is one of, if not the, best coach in Texas football day, bar none.  If you can't give the Dayton Broncos respect for their program you need your head examined.

[quote name="broncos92" post="896175" timestamp="1288855753"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=75494.msg896170#msg896170 date=1288852258]
Here is my problem with Dayton's defense. And before I get jumped on, let me say, I love Dayton. I actually love all of Liberty County, it is such a homey and peaceful place. If I was able I'd move back there in a heartbeat, I have many friends and family there.  But as far as Dayton this season, I just don't think they are as good as last year.  I know that they have made strides since the first three games, but I think that's mainly due to a lack of competition.  I mean, there are only two other teams in the whole district that even have a winning record.  The combined record of all the teams in your district other than Dayton is 25-38.  And I can understand early season issues, but when the big games came, Elkins, Ike and Angleton, Dayton didn't win any of them.  Maybe the team has come together and can be a beast.  But my fear is that they are going to get another soft touch in round 1 with someone like Livingston and then run into a buzzsaw when they play Brenham.  Lucky for me, I live in Brenham, so no matter who wins the Brenham v. Dayton game I'll have someone to root for!
[/quote]rickedra i am sorry ricko. after the brenham game we will not have room on our wagon for you. sorry. we definately want allow a D rider back in liberty county. SORRY
[/quote]

Nah, you can like more than one team.  You can bet if Dayton and Brenham play in round two and Dayton wins, there will be more than one Brenham fan rooting you guys on in round 3. I'm sure it will be the same on the other side as well.

[quote name="ricko" post="896188" timestamp="1288861557"]

[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=75494.msg896174#msg896174 date=1288855310]
Well ricko - you live in Brenham and would love to move back to Liberty County in a heartbeat ? I find that a little suspect in its self . :D   For the sake of argument I'll take you at face value and assume  you are who you say you are. Why don't you think we are as good as last year ? We played the same  weak 19-4a teams last year and made it to the Reg. final where we out played Brenham most of the game. We returned a critical core of starters from 2009 that are bigger.stronger,faster and better than last years great team if Coach Stewart didn't think so he never would of scheduled 5a playoff teams for the first time in school history. We more than held our own in all of the pre-district games and more than likely if we played them today we would win all of them. Our Defense can match up to most any 4a team in the state and is something special. The Elkins coach said it was hard to believe that the Dayton team held their offense down like they did when they were use to running on 5a teams at will . Don't let our win/lose record fool you this team is very confident and has all the right tools to match up with anybody even Brenham !
[/quote]

LOL It is really nice down that way. I really enjoy that area.  As far as this year compared to last year, I think, and again it's just my opinion, which is worth jack squat lol, that last year had a better composed offense.  In the game against Brenham last year, I thought Dayton dominated.  I really did.  Payton Ploch was an amazing player who really seemed to have control of the field.  I was told that he was injured in the game, which explained why Herrera saw so much action.  That confused me during the game because Ploch was killing the Brenham D.  The defense of Dayton is always pretty strong.  There just hasn't been anything stand out to me to make me think that this years defense is head and shoulders above last years (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, last years defense was pretty good).  But I just don't feel confident about Dayton's offense against a stronger team.  But certainly no one is thinking that Dayton can't compete.  Jerry Stewart is one of, if not the, best coach in Texas football day, bar none.  If you can't give the Dayton Broncos respect for their program you need your head examined.
[/quote] :) ;) :D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="896194" timestamp="1288862610"]
Hey Ricko if Dayton beats Brenham this year I will get you a purple Bronco T shirt for our State run !
[/quote]

Right on!  I actually have a Dayton T-Shirt somewhere lol.  I have a Hardin Hornet shirt too lol.  I can't hate on Dayton, I love that place.  I remember eating at the Branding Iron and Los Compadres when I was there.  Are those places still around?

Hey Ricko

Livingston a soft touch well tell that to Hunstville,Jasper,PNG,and Nederland and ask coach Stewart and the rest his troops about the last time they took on soft touch Livingston? Broncs had to hang on and revcover a late onside kick to advance. So keep on running ya'lls mouth, if the Lions taker care of business Friday night the Broncos may well get a chance to feel the soft touch of Livingston let's hope so.

[quote name="Lionfan" post="896196" timestamp="1288864920"]
Hey Ricko

Livingston a soft touch well tell that to Hunstville,Jasper,PNG,and Nederland and ask coach Stewart and the rest his troops about the last time they took on soft touch Livingston? Broncs had to hang on and revcover a late onside kick to advance. So keep on running ya'lls mouth, if the Lions taker care of business Friday night the Broncos may well get a chance to feel the soft touch of Livingston let's hope so.
[/quote]

Hey Lionfan, I don't mean any disrespect toward Livingston's program.  When I said "soft touch" I meant someone that was about on the level of the teams in Dayton's district (Crosby, Galena Park, Barbers Hill).  I have actually picked Livingston to get that runner up spot in division II for a while now.  I just don't think Livingston is on the level of a Brenham or El Campo.  But we shall see, any team can be beaten on any given day.

[quote name="Lionfan" post="896196" timestamp="1288864920"]
Hey Ricko

[/quote] Your never hear from this Bronco fan that Livingston is a soft tuoch - Livingston is always a tough matchup!

[quote name="ricko" post="896195" timestamp="1288863554"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=75494.msg896194#msg896194 date=1288862610]
Hey Ricko if Dayton beats Brenham this year I will get you a purple Bronco T shirt for our State run !
[/quote]

Right on!  I actually have a Dayton T-Shirt somewhere lol.  I have a Hardin Hornet shirt too lol.  I can't hate on Dayton, I love that place.  I remember eating at the Branding Iron and Los Compadres when I was there.  Are those places still around?
[/quote] Yeah - The Branding Iron and Los Compadres are still here ! Glad you mentioned Payton Ploch he was one the most intense hard nose players Dayton has had for some time . You always got your money's worth when he stepped out on the field ~

What was the name of that team Brenham beat in the semi's in 09 that lost their 1st 4-6.Bingo Tivy  now are they better now for playing alot of SA 5a teams early that were good?I promise this Dayton team is much more explosive than last years and the defense is better.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="896198" timestamp="1288865842"]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=75494.msg896196#msg896196 date=1288864920]
Hey Ricko

[/quote] Your never hear from this Bronco fan that Livingston is a soft tuoch - Livingston is always a tough matchup!
[/quote]Lionfan i think was talking bout that mouse ricko has in his pocket.  ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="896240" timestamp="1288873935"]
What was the name of that team Brenham beat in the semi's in 09 that lost their 1st 4-6.Bingo Tivy  now are they better now for playing alot of SA 5a teams early that were good?I promise this Dayton team is much more explosive than last years and the defense is better.
[/quote]

Good point Liltex. Except Brenham beat Tivy. I have been saying all year that this is basically the same exact Dayton team (minus Ploch and Franks) that went toe to toe with the Cubs last year.  But because we lost our first three games, the [b]perception[/b] is that we are a weaker team this year. NOT TRUE! That said though, Brenham is also better. The question is: Can the Bronco offense adapt in the next three weeks, to being without the most explosive player in the district? Jakari was a game changer, period. McBride is good, no doubt. But can he fill those shoes? We shall see.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="896253" timestamp="1288875106"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75494.msg896240#msg896240 date=1288873935]
[/quote]

Good point Liltex. Except Brenham beat Tivy. I have been saying all year that this is basically the same exact Dayton team (minus Ploch and Franks) that went toe to toe with the Cubs last year.  But because we lost our first three games, the [b]perception[/b] is that we are a weaker team this year. NOT TRUE! That said though, Brenham is also better. The question is: Can the Bronco offense adapt in the next three weeks, to being without the most explosive player in the district? Jakari was a game changer, period. McBride is good, no doubt. But can he fill those shoes? We shall see.
[/quote] Jakari is an awesome player.. BUT I think McBride may feel he has something to prove. Not only to the coaches and fans but most importantly to himself. And that is what's gonna make him GREAT in that position but again thats just my opinion. I think the opposition is gonna be like WHAT! when they see how good McBride is. All I gotta say is don't let his size fool ya. He reminds me alot of that kid from Sulphur Springs when Dayton played them in the playoffs.. Yall remember he was small too

[quote name="octfeb" post="896268" timestamp="1288876031"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75494.msg896253#msg896253 date=1288875106]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75494.msg896240#msg896240 date=1288873935]
[/quote]

[/quote] Jakari is an awesome player.. BUT I think McBride may feel he has something to prove. Not only to the coaches and fans but most importantly to himself. And that is what's gonna make him GREAT in that position but again thats just my opinion. I think the opposition is gonna be like WHAT! when they see how good McBride is. All I gotta say is don't let his size fool ya. He reminds me alot of that kid from Sulphur Springs when Dayton played them in the playoffs.. Yall remember he was small too
[/quote]I think dayton is a better team now. ploch was a great player, but this years team have alot more options than just ploch. when ploch went down we had know one else to move the ball. the qb was young and he tried but wasn't ready. franks also was a good player, but since he only had one year in stewart's system, i don't think he never really got comfortable. the injury did not help either. the defense just pick a position and it is improved from last year.

Dayton's secondary has always been suspect over the years and that's no secret.  In the past the secondary was giving up huge plays and NEVER looking back at the ball.  It seems as though this year they are giving up fewer big plays and are always around the ball on pass plays.  If the secondary can keep this same intensity it will bode well against teams like Brenham who work the pass really well.  I don't like comparing teams from past because there are so many little factors that come into play.  Dayton will be fine, they just have to execute and get some breaks.

I have just finishing making the 2010 highlight video of the first nine games to show at my son's birthday party this weekend (he is going to have a lot of the varsity players over).  Anyways....  The defensive highlights are really AWEsome.  The defense has gotten better each game.  There are so many turnover highlights.  The Broncos had a tough time of fumbling during the first three games, but since then the Bronco defense is really causing chaos.
In regards to the seconday, I believe it is very difficult for a high school secondary to shut down a good passing team (even the pros have a hard time shutting down a QB like Peyton Manning).  Against Crosby Merka was able to connect on three long passes, but our secondary player had very tight coverage, they were just great passes.
Offensively...
GEEZZZZ!!  I have part of the video that shows all the TD's this year.  It takes over 10 minutes to watch all the Bronco TD's.  The Broncos offense is cranking out TD's, most of them in two or three quarters in each game.  The level of competition in 19-4A isn't good, but the Broncos are hammering the opponent.  Can't wait for the players to see the video.  It will be good for them to see all these AWEsome plays the week that the playoffs start.  They have really improved during the course of the year.  I would predict that if Ryan McBride gets over 100 yards of rushing in the playoffs, the Broncos would beat whoever they play.

The D is way better than last year. The only time they have been exposed is when the O struggles. In the 3 losses it seems like the D was out there the entire game. We struggle a little in the passing game because we commit so much to the run. It seems like this year the secondary is playing the ball alot more than last and I havent seen 1 true blown coverage this year. Let all the nasayers think its because 19-4A is weak but I can tell you the Broncos will bring their helmets to ya in every game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83