Being respectful

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure we all know there is no love lost between BH and Dayton or Crosby and Dayton... They both wish they could be like Dayton... what was it that BH AND Crosby both had issues with being on time on the field for the anthem? And Crosby coming out after half time late...Now IF there was a clock issue wouldn't you think the crosby coaches would have been smart enough to check their cell phones for the time?  GCM did not have a clock issue or jack-leg locking the door or whatever could have prevented them from being on time. Looks to me like it was a BH and Crosby issue.

Wonder how the band/cheer/real fans feel when even earlier their school song is played and the team's in the locker room.If your rotc wearing a military type uniform bearing the school colors you also should be respectful to the raising of our flag/anthem.President after president have stood and said our military soldiers/veterans are Americas finest citizens.A cpl.minutes is not much to ask of you for those who have served to have this time to reflect on the disabled and those that gave it all in her defense.There is no draft,these young people have answered the call voluntary.

There have been alot of replys to this thread and I can tell you this for certain that it wasnt a clock problem or a locked door its was a case of just tryin g to be an a$$hole because there is such a dislike among the 2 schools and this comes from a Crosby Football players mom that i am great friends with. No matter how you have read this thread whether you agree or disagree when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road it is wrong on so many levels. Ok if the coach of Crosby is unpatrotic then by all means I hear Cuba is looking for some football coaches. I am by far a true blue die hard Broncos fan and yes I will defend them if I can but long before that I was and still am a flag waving American and am very proud to say so. For all of those who gave some and to those who gave all God Bless You and to those of you who do not or will not stand for the American Flag our borders are open to the north and the south fill feel free to take a hike in either direction..................

My 2 cents....you show up late for work to many times and you get asked. Your kids show up late for school too many times and they get punished, the list goes on. Point being there is no excuse for being late for the national anthem and as a veteran myself it gets under my skin that this is being tolerated!

[quote name="purple people eaters" post="895139" timestamp="1288743830"]
There have been alot of replys to this thread and I can tell you this for certain that it wasnt a clock problem or a locked door its was a case of just tryin g to be an a$$hole because there is such a dislike among the 2 schools and this comes from a Crosby Football players mom that i am great friends with. No matter how you have read this thread whether you agree or disagree when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road it is wrong on so many levels. Ok if the coach of Crosby is unpatrotic then by all means I hear Cuba is looking for some football coaches. I am by far a true blue die hard Broncos fan and yes I will defend them if I can but long before that I was and still am a flag waving American and am very proud to say so. For all of those who gave some and to those who gave all God Bless You and to those of you who do not or will not stand for the American Flag our borders are open to the north and the south fill feel free to take a hike in either direction..................
[/quote]

how can you tell us "for certain" that there was no incident in the visiting locker room?
please let me know where your getting this info. so i may determine if you're a source worth acknowledging...

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="895338" timestamp="1288756660"]
[quote author=purple people eaters link=topic=75432.msg895139#msg895139 date=1288743830]
[/quote]

how can you tell us "for certain" that there was no incident in the visiting locker room?
please let me know where your getting this info. so i may determine if you're a source worth acknowledging...
[/quote] Like I had said in a earlier post... The 2 teams that HATE Dayton the most were the 2 teams that had a problem getting out on the field on time. And IF there was a malfunction in the locker room before the games, you would think that Crosby would have told someone so it wouldn't happen AGAIN after half time. GCM didn't have a problem getting out on time....

You people are cracking me up. If they want to look stupid and stay in the locker room the I say, who cares.  I bet some of these same people that are complaining are the same people that are sitting in the stands complaining to the person next to them (about their perfect little angel not making cheerleader) rather than partcipating in the anthem anyway.   

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="895105" timestamp="1288741195"]
I guess one solution could be that the host schools' Superintendent or Principal could step into the locker room and say "Coach, we're waiting for your team so that we can play the National Anthem". The coach would definitely get the message then.
[/quote]

That would be far to logical for Dayton ISD.  Of course in Dayton it could have happened and is a matter of interpretation.  For example the coaches involved could have heard either of these things:

"We beez waitin for ya coach."  Liberty County to Chambers County Translation: Don't come out yet, bees are everywhere stinging the other coaches.

"Giddy-up partner, dem der fisty kiddos are hankerin to blow dem der horns."  Liberty County to Chambers County Translation: Stay put, kids are fighting over dear corn.

;D ;D ;D

I say let it go, it happened and it's done.  Hopefully, for everyone involved it never happens again.  It's not like Crosby conspired with BH to do anything. Flannigan hates BH.  I don't however see the assumed hatred between Dayton and BH.  Far as I know not a single person from BH wishes they were from Dayton and only 80% from Dayton wished they were from BH, so there is still good relations.   ;D ;D  

Dont know who you been talkin to Smokin Baby. I have never ever ever heard anyone from Dayton tell me they wanted to live in Barbers Hill also known as the bump. ::) I can tell you that Dayton loves to play Barbers Hill probably more so than Crosby because of the nose up in the air attitude and effect that the Bump has. As far as being on the field in time, correct me if I am wrong, did we not have the same issue last year with at least one of these teams if not both. I believe so but cant be for sure. Someone help me out. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="895397" timestamp="1288784412"]
You people are cracking me up. If they want to look stupid and stay in the locker room the I say, who cares.  I bet some of these same people that are complaining are the same people that are sitting in the stands complaining to the person next to them (about their perfect little angel not making cheerleader) rather than partcipating in the anthem anyway.  
[/quote]  

I agree with the statement about people complaining but not the statement about staying in the locker room. By you saying "who cares" That is the attitude of this generation, which is sad. Pretty much sums up the generation of today. Can't wait till some of you get older. Your thought process will change. But guess what? Your kids will not be there to help you in time of need. All they want you to do is die so they can get some money which they don't have because they spent it on you.  

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="896088" timestamp="1288838521"]
I grew up in the 60's and 70's, 50% were stoned out the gourd.

Some of the young people I deal with today are some brightest and work their tail off.
[/quote]

Are any of them your boss, just wondering?

[quote name="bleed orange" post="896097" timestamp="1288839494"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=75432.msg896088#msg896088 date=1288838521]
I grew up in the 60's and 70's, 50% were stoned out the gourd.

Some of the young people I deal with today are some brightest and work their tail off.
[/quote]

Are any of them your boss, just wondering?
[/quote]

Now thats funny right there. :D :D :D :D :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami