How Far Can WOS Go?

BADSANTA

coop is a true blue mustang fan we all know this.if he has said this every year thats not bad at all, he has hight hopes for the mustangs as all us mustangs fans do.no one knows who will be in the state finals, but maybe with  some luck thay just might be there. PS i hope he says this in the years to come also

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="griff" post="895140" timestamp="1288744223"]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=75402.msg894400#msg894400 date=1288681983]
WOS makes it a couple rounds then wont go any farther...
year after year yall say WOS is state bound...
not gonna happen, not this year.
[/quote]
The only "y'all" who says "WO-S is state bound" is KFDM Coop.  Take him out of the picture and you're left with a group of WO-S posters on this board expressing their high hopes every season.  No other WO-S follower on this board says we'll win state except him, so please rid yourself of this misguided notion.  That crap is so old. 
[/quote] Before you pop off go back and show me where i posted WO-S is going to State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do!!!!!!!  Do i like our chances the next few years? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="895171" timestamp="1288745947"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=75402.msg895140#msg895140 date=1288744223]
[quote author=FootballFan96 link=topic=75402.msg894400#msg894400 date=1288681983]
[/quote]
The only "y'all" who says "WO-S is state bound" is KFDM Coop.  Take him out of the picture and you're left with a group of WO-S posters on this board expressing their high hopes every season.  No other WO-S follower on this board says we'll win state except him, so please rid yourself of this misguided notion.  That crap is so old. 
[/quote] Before you pop off go back and show me where i posted WO-S is going to State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do!!!!!!!  Do i like our chances the next few years? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]Get em KOOP

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="894990" timestamp="1288732193"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=75402.msg894894#msg894894 date=1288726035]
[/quote]

Sour grapes from a beaten foe. LOL!!!
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

not at all! it's just the proven facts... since my freshman year in HS for sure that i have looked that these boards and year after year yall say "this is the year, this is the year" only but a few years have yall had the competition in district to compete with yall (usually when yall have an "off" year).
there is NO DOUBT that WOS is a great football team! WOS' history on the field has proven how great of a team they are year after year. and i would LOVE for ANY SETX football team to bring home a state Title! that would bring great pride to our area after ALL of the tragedies that go on down here.
For any team down in this area to be able to go through any devastation such as a Hurricane like Rita or Ike to the loss of an amazing athlete, or the loss of an amazing student shows the dedication and hard work to just make it through the first couple rounds of the playoffs...
i look forward to supporting ALL SETX teams in the playoffs... just as soon as BC is out of it!  :D

[/quote]

Crawfishin'...

If anyone from our area might be state-bound this year, it will be WO-S or Kirbyville.

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="894400" timestamp="1288681983"]
[/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's like those BC folks who say, year after year, they'll actually beat the WO-S Mustangs. Not gonna happen. Not this year, not next, nor the next, etc....

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="895171" timestamp="1288745947"]
Before you pop off go back and show me where i posted WO-S is going to State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do!!!!!!!  Do i like our chances the next few years? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Coop, I mean not to ridicule you, but you have been the homer of homers.  Over the last several seasons, you have either said, implied, suggested, or hinted in some way that "this is our year" or "next year is our year" or something close to that.  What I'm tired of is this perpetuation from several non-WO-S posters that "ya'll" (implying most or all of us) think that we'll win state every year.  WE DON'T.  It's so predictable.  The preseason rankings are posted, WO-S is ranked high, then some fans representing schools from our district say "y'all think you're gonna win state every year".   ::)

[quote name="w" post="895151" timestamp="1288744924"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=75402.msg894444#msg894444 date=1288700268]
As far as their ankle-bracelets are registered for........  ;D ;D  Ok, seriousely, not nearly as far as Kirbyville, coldsprings, or Huffman.
[/quote]

I'm hoping you aren't implying what I think you are.  No laughing faces here on this!  It's uncalled for.  There's no room for "jokes" like that any year but especially no need for it this year.  Don't you think we've been through enough?
[/quote]
W, in case you haven't been introduced to bh89-2, he is what he appears to be.  No joke. 

Year in and year out, WOS is undoubtedly the THE SE TX team which has the best chance to go the farthest in the playoffs and possibly win state.  Coach Hooks works some voo-doo cajun magic and takes raw talent and molds it into a machine.  Some of his machines get better gas mileage than others, but they all run like a Mustang.  He's the best at what he does.  I'm not saying they will win state this year or next year, but they are clearly capable.  K-ville is as capable, but as we all know, it's who brings the right stuff on any given night.  They don't hand out state trophies for the most capable team.  I'm confident that a pinch of luck and good fortune normally goes with state championships.  Good luck to all playoff teams!

Posts like this are like trying to answer when will pigs fly? Each week a team has to bring their A game and if they come with anything sub par then it will be a dog fight no matter how much of an underdog they face. The old saying "that's why they play the game" could never be more true. Plenty potential though.............R.I.P. R.G!

[quote name="Black&Gold Soul" post="895379" timestamp="1288764239"]
Posts like this are like trying to answer when will pigs fly? Each week a team has to bring their A game and if they come with anything sub par then it will be a dog fight no matter how much of an underdog they face. The old saying "that's why they play the game" could never be more true. Plenty potential though.............R.I.P. R.G!
[/quote]

This is right on.Know of a couple of times WO-S was supposed to roll and got beat the first round.Yes the potential is there but we are not the only ones.One game at a time.

[quote name="venom33" post="894119" timestamp="1288656166"]
i agree 92... they beat us 28-14, but anyone who saw the interference no-call knows the final score was actually 21-14. with everything wos was dealing with at the time the cats still struggled. if we play again it will be a MUCH different outcome with the stangs rolling!  jmo
[/quote]

kirbyville moved the ball on wo-s all night. could of VERY EASILY scored again on that last drive as well.
and last year, "everyone who was at the game" knows kirbyville scored that two point conversion.
EASY to see from the stands. wonder why kville side was cheering loudly and wos was silent. everyone knew.

if i remember right it was the BACK JUDGE that made the call eventually.. not the side judge.

[quote name="LT Dan" post="895354" timestamp="1288757936"]
Year in and year out, WOS is undoubtedly the THE SE TX team which has the best chance to go the farthest in the playoffs and possibly win state.  Coach Hooks works some voo-doo cajun magic and takes raw talent and molds it into a machine.  Some of his machines get better gas mileage than others, but they all run like a Mustang.  He's the best at what he does.  I'm not saying they will win state this year or next year, but they are clearly capable.  K-ville is as capable, but as we all know, it's who brings the right stuff on any given night.  They don't hand out state trophies for the most capable team.  I'm confident that a pinch of luck and good fortune normally goes with state championships.  Good luck to all playoff teams!
[/quote]

whens the last time wos went to state?
and year in and year out? id take kville in 2a any day (like they have been the past two years)
over wos in 3a.. Earl Thomas, Deon Beasley, and DI athletes like that handled kville. not the team they have now by any means

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="895734" timestamp="1288816283"]
Just keep saying that!  ;) ;)
[/quote]

which referee made the call? just out of curiosity.. regardless, that was a GREAT
game. getting pushed to overtime and it coming down to a rush on a two point conversion
isnt handling them every year is what im saying .. dont matter what happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83