Lumberton Football

Puma42

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogpile" post="890181" timestamp="1288364559"]
[quote author=Puma42 link=topic=74914.msg884807#msg884807 date=1287808832]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]

Wow! Was Nederland on the field???? I thought it was Lumberton... who knew.... i mean what color is lumberton anyway??!!! :o i thought they were columbia blue red and silver..... but i guess they are black now too... (at least the band is) i dont think they meant any disrespect to your band (who did great) i think they must have thought it was their band!!!  ;D
[/quote]It looks like the Lumberton Mighty Raider Band is pretty mighty, they are possibly the only band I have seen that doesnt have to support their school colors. 

[quote name="BleedPurple#14" post="890405" timestamp="1288384594"]
[quote author=dogpile link=topic=74914.msg890181#msg890181 date=1288364559]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]

Wow! Was Nederland on the field???? I thought it was Lumberton... who knew.... i mean what color is lumberton anyway??!!! :o i thought they were columbia blue red and silver..... but i guess they are black now too... (at least the band is) i dont think they meant any disrespect to your band (who did great) i think they must have thought it was their band!!!  ;D
[/quote]It looks like the Lumberton Mighty Raider Band is pretty mighty, they are possibly the only band I have seen that doesnt have to support their school colors. 

i would bet PNG would not allow their band or anyone else representing their school to step foot on the field and disrespect PURPLE! way to honor your school colors lumberton!
[/quote]

I love this thread more than anything else.  I just cancelled my UFC subscription beacause this is just as entertaining, almost as bloody and it's free!  Let me give some perspective to the whole thing.  Most people in the stands and virtually none of the football players and probably very few of the half-time performers even care.  This discontent has been propagated more or less by stupid parents (oh, sorry puma42) and people that have nothing better to do than to complain about things they cannot control.  This, in my humble opinion, is all that is left to say..."Good win Nederland...Lumberton, better get yourselves together before the Central game... Half-time performers, great effort, we appreciate you, great show..."  Everybody else, quit teaching our kids how to act ridiculous and the art of complaining (hope I did not offend anyone's Drama dept).  Man that felt good...

[quote name="dogpile" post="890433" timestamp="1288387205"]
[quote author=BleedPurple#14 link=topic=74914.msg890405#msg890405 date=1288384594]
[quote author=dogpile link=topic=74914.msg890181#msg890181 date=1288364559]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i would bet PNG would not allow their band or anyone else representing their school to step foot on the field and disrespect PURPLE! way to honor your school colors lumberton!

[/quote]

Many bands have opted for black uniforms (or at least black pants) because they don't show stains as easily. Doing so is that band's choice, and Lumberton's uniforms - even if they have very little red and blue on them - do look sharp.

That said, you are absolutely right about our uniforms. If the Indian Band were to step onto the field in a black uniform, I would be shocked if we weren't booed out of the stadium. That would be akin to skipping the Marching I in my book. Our uniforms our almost entirely purple and white, with only a few black lines and some silver detailing.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="887536" timestamp="1288053517"]
for the raideretts who were wondering why we were looking at your players on the 10 yard line and not the band...well raideroldtimer must not
have been watching anything cause if he had he would have known their was 2:37 left on the clock...this time belongs to the NHS band just like
the first part of halftime belonged to the raider band.....plus they did it twice, the second time the band was marching right at them...and a lot of fans were telling them to get off the field.  It was a classless act, and to defend something that is wrong just makes it more classless..the bands playing at half time during the game is just as much a tradition as the football itself....Lumberton just got a one(1) at contest...I think they said it is their first time to get it....Congradulations raider band....NHS also got a One (1)  also.....for over twenty (20) years running.
[/quote]
Actually I was watching your band perform a very nice routine, and if you'll check the clock at the next game, given everything goes off on time, you will see that the bands will finish with about 3 or 4 minutes left. You know, [b]time for the football teams to warm up[/b].

[quote name="dogpile" post="890181" timestamp="1288364559"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Actually the dark color on the band uniforms I believe is Royal Blue or some other extremely dark blue not black.

Actually I was watching your band perform a very nice routine, and if you'll check the clock at the next game, given everything goes off on time, you will see that the bands will finish with about 3 or 4 minutes left. You know, [b]time for the football teams to warm up[/b].
[/quote] And it allow the Lumberton fans time to get back to there seats in time to start complaining about the refs.  :P

Lumberton Band uniform colors are black with red, silver and columbia blue trim.  School colors are columbia blue (primary) with red and silver trim. This is consistent with the more prominent band programs in the state. Some band programs exist for the sole purpose of supporting the football team.  Lumberton strives for more.  If you think they are doing it wrong check their ratings at band competitions.

[quote name="nativetexan" post="891824" timestamp="1288464494"]
Lumberton Band uniform colors are black with red, silver and columbia blue trim.  School colors are columbia blue (primary) with red and silver trim. This is consistent with the more prominent band programs in the state. Some band programs exist for the sole purpose of supporting the football team.  Lumberton strives for more.  If you think they are doing it wrong check their ratings at band competitions.
[/quote]

wow really??? your purpose on the field is to support the "team" not competition... if you want to compete in colors other than your "SCHOOL COLORS" then have two uniforms!!! better yet join a select band on the weekend and stop using school funds! correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cheerleaders compete also?! (State champions... 4th in the NATION out of 30 something teams and they purchase their own uniforms ) you dont see them on the side lines in anything but school colors... just saying... strive all you want ... yes the band is VERY GOOD... but on the field for a school function... they should be in school colors

[quote name="dogpile" post="892158" timestamp="1288481484"]
[quote author=nativetexan link=topic=74914.msg891824#msg891824 date=1288464494]
[/quote]

wow really??? your purpose on the field is to support the "team" not competition... if you want to compete in colors other than your "SCHOOL COLORS" then have two uniforms!!! better yet join a select band on the weekend and stop using school funds! correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cheerleaders compete also?! (State champions... 4th in the NATION out of 30 something teams and they purchase their own uniforms ) you dont see them on the side lines in anything but school colors... just saying... strive all you want ... yes the band is VERY GOOD... but on the field for a school function... they should be in school colors
[/quote]

They are on the field, in school colors, and supporting the team. What is your argument? They are also supporting the school and district at area competitions similar to the athletic teams. All do their best and bring their "A" games when competing. Believe it or not uniforms do factor in at band competitions. Some military bands wear white shoes so judges will notice their footwork. Some show bands have their flag corp wear outfits themed to their performance and not necessarily depicting school colors. Most show bands in this state will be in black primarily trimmed in their school colors.

FYI - Band people do their homework...  ;)

[quote name="nativetexan" post="892534" timestamp="1288495052"]
[quote author=dogpile link=topic=74914.msg892158#msg892158 date=1288481484]
[quote author=nativetexan link=topic=74914.msg891824#msg891824 date=1288464494]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They are on the field, in school colors, and supporting the team. What is your argument? They are also supporting the school and district at area competitions similar to the athletic teams. All do their best and bring their "A" games when competing. Believe it or not uniforms do factor in at band competitions. Some military bands wear white shoes so judges will notice their footwork. Some show bands have their flag corp wear outfits themed to their performance and not necessarily depicting school colors. Most show bands in this state will be in black primarily trimmed in their school colors.

FYI - Band people do their homework...  ;)

[/quote]homework??? you are obviously in the band  ... my argument is when the band is performing at a school function they should be proudly wearing school colors ... black is a NOT Lumberton's color. it's hard to tell if it is them on the field or not...  you have to look at the drill team so see what color they have on to see if it is Lumberton or not.  If you need other colors to impress the judges... simply get another uniform in whatever color you need for competition. But with all the talk about "raising school spirit" around lumberton this year, we should at least be able to tell what band it on the field. Because right now, from the stand all you see is BLACK. It just sounds like you'll will come up with any excuse not to wear school colors.