Roughrider Baseball 9U

pencgc

Roughrider Baseball 9U
9U Roughriders will be hosting a tryout on October 31th, 4:00pm, at the Groves National Little League Park located at 5155 Grant Avenue, Groves.  We have several positions to fill for the spring season.  The players playing age is his age on April 30th.  Tryouts are open to kids from anywhere in the area, no geographical restrictions.

If you are interested, please call Brady Girouard at 409-540-6256 or email at [email protected]

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="879964" timestamp="1287439816"]
So there are going to be 2  9U Roughrider teams this year?
[/quote]

I spoke with a guy from Nederland about possibly combining the programs, not sure if anything will develop from that conversation.  There seems to be a misconception that our team is strictly for Port Neches/Groves kids, which is not the case.  I encourage kids from anywhere in the area to come try out.

The 8u Roughrider team from last year is still together and moving up to 9U this year.  They already have all of their uniforms, equipment, etc.  Just wondering why the teams are named the same if they are not affiliated.  I guess all of the other good names were taken.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="881224" timestamp="1287541291"]
The 8u Roughrider team from last year is still together and moving up to 9U this year.  They already have all of their uniforms, equipment, etc.  Just wondering why the teams are named the same if they are not affiliated.  I guess all of the other good names were taken.
[/quote]

I have been a coach with the now 13u Roughriders since they were 9, so once we decided to form a team in this age group it was only logical for us to continue the Roughriders.  Sorry if this is a source of grief for you, that certainly wasn't my intent.  Best of luck to you guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami