BARBERS HILL @ GALENA PARK PREDICTIONS

463 DP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="879659" timestamp="1287423166"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=74605.msg879652#msg879652 date=1287422635]
I think Galena Park has lose their edge. Barbers Hill by 10 ::)
[/quote]
So u think the BH D is better than Cros D. Or will BH score 50
[/quote]remember this thought, "the hill is for real" :D :D

[quote name="octfeb" post="879574" timestamp="1287419142"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=74605.msg879549#msg879549 date=1287418166]
My prediction for the week is

BH by 7

and the Dayton fans get dumber :D (If thats possible)

[/quote] yeah kinda like that post you made bout, lets see how did that go? [b]"If Dayton thinks they can score more than 50 on Barbers Hill then they are just plain ignorant"[/b] made you look dumb ::) :-*
[/quote]

Yeah I should have predicted that we would turn the ball over 8 times and Dayton would have two refs in their back pocket! your right that was dumb i'll try to be more precise in the future. ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="879672" timestamp="1287424323"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=74605.msg879574#msg879574 date=1287419142]

BH by 7

[/quote] yeah kinda like that post you made bout, lets see how did that go? [b]"If Dayton thinks they can score more than 50 on Barbers Hill then they are just plain ignorant"[/b] made you look dumb ::) :-*
[/quote]

Yeah I should have predicted that we would turn the ball over 8 times and Dayton would have two refs in their back pocket! your right that was dumb i'll try to be more precise in the future. ;D
[/quote]
Atleast your past the denial stage and to acceptance. U didnt turn the ball over 8 times we took it from u 8 times and made it look easy ;)

BH by 7

[/quote] yeah kinda like that post you made bout, lets see how did that go? "If Dayton thinks they can score more than 50 on Barbers Hill then they are just plain ignorant" made you look dumb ::) :-*
[/quote]

[/quote][b]Dayton would have two refs in their back pocket![/b] WOW yall still trying to roll with that? ROFL@U

BH by 7

[/quote]

[/quote] :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

BH by 7

[/quote]

[/quote]BHFAN, I still love you quote about the "mythical 50 point beatdown".  Makes me smile when that "mythical beatdown" actually became reality.  You must have learned about "mythical beatdowns" by watching Fractured Fairy Tales.  That being said, I hope the Eagles do good Friday.  A four game winning streak is nice to have.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="879475" timestamp="1287415405"]
GP has two REALLY good receivers.  The BH secondary will need to bring a lunch on this one.  The BH offense should work to limit the GP offense by chewing up some clock.  Conditioning will be key as BH has not faced an offense tgat gets going as quickly as this one.  The pace of the GP offense will also make it difficult for BH to make defensive substitutions or adjustments.

Pulling for the Hill on this one, but GP might have a little too much on offense.

THIFR
[/quote]

I was most impressed by GP's defensive ends and their running back.  They do have one very good receiver, bu the QB is a long-shot.  He plays with poor judgement and if the DB's or Linebackers are watching at all, should pick him off 4 or 5 times.  He throws hard, so you have to be watching.   

[quote name="bh89-2" post="879913" timestamp="1287436983"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=74605.msg879475#msg879475 date=1287415405]
GP has two REALLY good receivers.  The BH secondary will need to bring a lunch on this one.  The BH offense should work to limit the GP offense by chewing up some clock.  Conditioning will be key as BH has not faced an offense tgat gets going as quickly as this one.  The pace of the GP offense will also make it difficult for BH to make defensive substitutions or adjustments.

Pulling for the Hill on this one, but GP might have a little too much on offense.

THIFR
[/quote]

I was most impressed by GP's defensive ends and their running back.  They do have one very good receiver, bu the QB is a long-shot.  He plays with poor judgement and if the DB's or Linebackers are watching at all, should pick him off 4 or 5 times.  He throws hard, so you have to be watching.     
[/quote]

Um i agree and disagree. maybe it was against us but that kid threw some very good deep balls to hit his receivers. DE's were good but couldn't handle the cougar blocking scheme... oddly they had 2 big plays the whole game and they were the first coug play and the first second half coug play.

they prolly changed it up a little bit far more outside passes this game, and far more deep balls. very few were over the middle (minus the two picks. However their were like 3-4 balls that bounced off the FS's hands.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="879914" timestamp="1287437002"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74605.msg879911#msg879911 date=1287436835]
Nah moderator told me if i cant say something nice don't talk to morons. =P.
[/quote]
Atleast you will never be accused of talking to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldnt help it. We can all get along
[/quote]

That would take ALL the FUN out of it......  ;D Can't pay kittytalk serious, he really thinks Crosby has something special.  Once district is over and they tote their 2 loses to 20-4A, we will pull for him/her/IT again.  ;D 

[quote name="eagle65" post="880324" timestamp="1287459594"]
even though bh is much better coached, the gp speed may wipe out bh at the end of the day.  hill will make palyoffs for a short tour.
[/quote]

CE King is faster than GP.  I would not worry about GP speed.  They have a corner who can't catch a cold, so the deep threat is open all-night for BH.  It could be a whole lot of wade duke and morton deep, if we get in a shoot-out.  If the D plays like they have the past 2 weeks, I say run the ball and eat clock.  Their Ends are tough, so we will have to play well on the interior of the O-line.  Our defense will most likely dictate what the offense does.  GP does have a couple good receivers who can make a play for themself.  We need to tear their heads off if everytime the ball heads their way.  Remember the Jeramical Finley-Diboll game 5 or so years back?  That's what we need to do again.

BH by 14     

[quote name="bh89-2" post="880537" timestamp="1287498877"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=74605.msg880324#msg880324 date=1287459594]
even though bh is much better coached, the gp speed may wipe out bh at the end of the day.  hill will make palyoffs for a short tour.
[/quote]

CE King is faster than GP.  I would not worry about GP speed.  They have a corner who can't catch a cold, so the deep threat is open all-night for BH.  It could be a whole lot of wade duke and morton deep, if we get in a shoot-out.  If the D plays like they have the past 2 weeks, I say run the ball and eat clock.  Their Ends are tough, so we will have to play well on the interior of the O-line.  Our defense will most likely dictate what the offense does.  GP does have a couple good receivers who can make a play for themself.  We need to tear their heads off if everytime the ball heads their way.  Remember the Jeramical Finley-Diboll game 5 or so years back?  That's what we need to do again.

BH by 14       
[/quote]
GP leaves to much time on the clock with their pass first offense. GP has a good running back but doesnt use him enough and cannot "grind" games out.
Get up on em quick, control the clock and dont give up the big play u might have a shot.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="880537" timestamp="1287498877"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=74605.msg880324#msg880324 date=1287459594]
[/quote]

[u][b]They have a corner who can't catch a cold, so the deep threat is open all-night for BH.  It could be a whole lot of wade duke and morton deep, if we get in a shoot-out.[/b][/u]

[/quote]

BH does not have the ability to get into an aerial shootout.  The Freshman QB is getting better, but he does not have a strong arm.  It looks like he has a hard time throwing the deep ball.  Too bad he does not have the arm of Townley, but at least he makes better decisions with the ball.  Duke has been primarily a running threat this year and Morton has been terrible misused in this offense.  He mainly comes in on offense when it is 3rd and long, so teams are already keying on the pass.  I am not sure why he is not used more in this offense, I would think that a big/physical receiver would be an asset to this team.  If BH can't establish their running game against GP, then it will be a long night for them.  If the offense was opened up a bit more and Duke/Morton were more of an emphasis in the passing game, then BH could [i]MAYBE[/i] get in a shoot out, but the coaching staff just doesn't seem willing to adapt their offensive philosophy take advantage of the talent they do have; although it is a little thin.

I wish they would use Morton more as well ,but i think the philosophy here is clock control. If we went for the bomb every other play then it would be tough to control the clock which would pull them out of their game plan. Now I grant ya this offense is BORING to watch not like the spread where folks are scoring a will ;D Boring or not this staff is a little more than half way through their first season in which they had to totally revamp the entire Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Attitude of a team and we are at 4-3 with a playoff shot on the horizon ;D not to mention a Freshman QB. I'm hoping they do mix in the pass a little more when needed, but the last 3 games it hasn't been needed. GP has a quick strike offense and if they are not on the field it's going to be hard to strike 8) on the other hand if we go on 9 minute drives and don't score or turn the ball over then we could be so far behind that we will have to throw. This should be a good game with pass happy GP and I expect some turn overs as their QB has thrown 14 INTS this year. BH has to hold on to the ball to win this game drop the rock on the turf and we will be 4-4!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="880703" timestamp="1287509611"]
I wish they would use Morton more as well ,but i think the philosophy here is clock control. If we went for the bomb every other play then it would be tough to control the clock which would pull them out of their game plan. Now I grant ya this offense is BORING to watch not like the spread where folks are scoring a will ;D Boring or not this staff is a little more than half way through their first season in which they had to totally revamp the entire Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Attitude of a team and we are at 4-3 with a playoff shot on the horizon ;D not to mention a Freshman QB. I'm hoping they do mix in the pass a little more when needed, but the last 3 games it hasn't been needed. GP has a quick strike offense and if they are not on the field it's going to be hard to strike 8) on the other hand if we go on 9 minute drives and don't score or turn the ball over then we could be so far behind that we will have to throw. This should be a good game with pass happy GP and I expect some turn overs as their QB has thrown 14 INTS this year. BH has to hold on to the ball to win this game drop the rock on the turf and we will be 4-4!
[/quote]

I am not advocating airing the ball out very often or a spread-like offense, I would just like to see a couple of forward passes in a game.  I know their offensive attack is about clock control and grinding the game out, but eventually they will need to balance their attack with more passing.  The ground game is getting better, but they have been playing some lesser opponents too.  I just don't think they are physical enough to dominate a better team with the running attack alone.  Not that they can't win/compete against better competition, I think they can, but they might need to incorporate more balance into their offense. 

Also, I hope the coaches manage the game better this week against GP, than they did against CE King.  Specifically, not using your two timeouts, when you have the ball with two minutes to go in the first half.  The same scenario happened against Nederland and it nearly bit them in the end.  I just don't understand not taking advantage of your timeouts in a situation like that, I mean they are not rollover minutes; they don't get added to your timeouts in the second half.

Balance would be good.  Keeps everything functioning.  It's not like we don't have quality receivers.  First and foremost, we MUST stop the turnovers.  Seems it's a contageous infection that spawned itself in Dayton.  You know how disease spreads in Dayton.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder