Future football schedules

It was originally reported that Lamar would play Hawaii in 2012, Oklahoma State in 2013 and Texas A&M in 2014.  Now it looks like Lamar will not be playing Hawaii in 2012, but Texas A&M instead.  If that's true then I hope both Hall and Johnson are playing for Lamar because they'll be needed for that game.

I also read that Central Arkansas backed out of their game next year against UH so they could play Arkansas State, but they must find a team to replace them.  I wonder if Lamar may try to take that game with UH but not sure if there's a game already scheduled for that date.  That game with UH would pay Lamar about $275K.

[quote name="coachacola" post="874509" timestamp="1287068529"]
It was originally reported that Lamar would play Hawaii in 2012, Oklahoma State in 2013 and Texas A&M in 2014.  Now it looks like Lamar will not be playing Hawaii in 2012, but Texas A&M instead.  If that's true then I hope both Hall and Johnson are playing for Lamar because they'll be needed for that game.

I also read that Central Arkansas backed out of their game next year against UH so they could play Arkansas State, but they must find a team to replace them.  I wonder if Lamar may try to take that game with UH but not sure if there's a game already scheduled for that date.  That game with UH would pay Lamar about $275K.
[/quote]

The UH game would be a 'cheap travel' game, but the payout may not be inline with what LU needs from their OOC FBS games each year - that's why OSU and TAMU are on the schedule. I wouldn't put too much stock in the games that are scheduled beyond 2012 with Big 12 teams staying. The conference shakeups will cause a lot of scheduling issues and may create new opportunities or eliminate existing ones. Will be interesting to see how the future schedules play out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83