****SETXsports Week 8 Rankings****

Hey Coop c'mon. Who is voting on this ranking? What gets voted on for the rankings? Who beat who. Win or Lost. The past on how good you were or not. I'm not saying Lumberton should be higher, but there are some schools that shouldn't be as high as they are. I feel like the judging panel has their backs are up against the wall with the way they are ranking.

There is only 1 team higher than Lumberton that Lumberton has beaten and it is so close it is negligible. I would be curious as to who you feel is rated too high. Although these are not my submited rankings they were close to my picks. I didn't think my back was to the wall when I voted. At any rate it is a discussion board so discuss.

Official SETXSport Rankings

1. WOS- definitely one of the area's best, cream of the crop IMO

2. WB- only loss to a talented Spring Westfield

3. Dayton- only loss is to WOS and has destroyed everyone else

4. Central- extremely talented but did have a questionable loss to Houston Sterling a team Silsbee killed.

5. Barbers Hill- undefeated enough said

6. Silsbee- came within 8 yards of sending WOS into O/T

7. Newton- very tough and state ranked team

8. EC- taking care of business in 2A

9. K'ville- only losses to WOS and state ranked Carthage

10. LCM- pounded a solid PNG team

11. Nederland- may have questionable record but beat PNG

12. BC- may be a tad high but has had some good games

13. Memorial- talented team that has yet to put in a total performance but still doing what it takes to win

14. PNG- had a couple teams sneak up and bite them but beat Lumberton

15. Lumberton- has enjoyed some successes this season but has only beat 1 team ranked ahead of them

Sound assessment' date=' and that's not just homer talk. Lumberton did beat Nederland, but they lost to PN-G, who lost to Nederland - so you can't assume that the Raiders should be ahead of Big Ned.[/quote']

They beat Bridge City. They play Nederland in week 10.

Okay Tiger90 here ya go. The questions I asked is how you vote for the ranking? It seems to be by "W" or a "L" by what you said. So how do you go down in the rankings with a win and up with a lost. PAM won and droped 3 spots. VIDOR lost and went up 1 spot. OZEN has 0 wins all year and hasn't moved from #18 in three weeks. I feel Lumberton should be lower than they are so that it doesn't sound that I'm favoring them. If you go back to week 1 til now in week 8 you would see that this ranking doesn't looked good and that you still have the "well I think they should be up". I wasn't only talking about the top 15 in the ranking tiger90. It is the top 25.

I voted let me have it:

25…1. West Brook

24…2. WO-S

23…3. Dayton

22…4. Central

21…5. Memorial

20…6. Barbers Hill

19…7. LCM

18….8 Nederland

17….9.. PNG

16…10. Silsbee

15…11. Lumberton

14…12 Vidor

13….13. Newton

12….14. East Chambers

11….15. Kirbyville

10….16. Ozen

09….17. Bridge City

08….18. Orangefield

07….19 Jasper

06...20. Kelly

05….21. Deweyville

04….22. Hardin Jefferson

03…23 Hamshire-Fannett

02….24. Hull Daisetta

01….25. Kountze

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dayton at #3 overall in the area. Pretty awesome. Also, someone said our only loss was against WOS, we also barely lost to Friendswood. District wise, we've been doing good with a win over Central that was almost luck IMO.

The way it looks, we'll be facing Barbers Hill in the first game of the playoffs. That will be interesting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics